Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

We are the Walking Dead (Speech)

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by Craven, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Craven

Craven Member

"When I was a kid, I asked my grandpa once if he ever killed any Germans in the war. He wouldn't answer. He said that was grown up stuff, so.... So I asked if the Germans ever tried to kill him, but he got real quiet. He said he was dead the minute he steeped into enemy territory. Every day he woke up he told himself, 'rest in peace-now get up and go to war.'"

"And then after a few years of pretending he was dead, he made it out alive. And that's the trick of it, I think. We do what we need to do, and then we get to live. But no matter what we find in DC I know we'll be okay, because this is how we survive. We tell ourselves that we are the walking dead."

[​IMG]

2. Craven

Craven Member

I just wanted to post this here because it's hard to find on the internet. Great speech by a great man.

3. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yea, if only they let it sit there, but noooooo Daryl has to pipe up and ruin it.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

"We're not them!!!"

"That's not what I meant, I was saying-"

"We're not them!! Shut your trap!"

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was a great speech except for the last line. It didn't work for me when I heard it, and it works even less when you read it. I think they didn't see the forest through the trees as they tried to cram in "we are the walking dead," an iconic comic line. Nice speech up to that point. But that line doesn't fit.

They realized this too, which is why they tossed in Daryl's line of protest. But I think Gimple just HAD to have that comic line in there and saw it as his last chance to do so before they reach the next phase of the story.

6. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

That last line would have sounded better if it came out more like a growl, as Rick emphasized each word: "We.ARE.the.WALKING. DEAD ". Period.