Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"We are The Walking Dead"

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by RoboLives, Feb 16, 2015.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Do you agree with what Rick said?

2. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Basically they are, they're all infected.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did agree. They are the walking dead. Dead men walking.

Didn't really like Daryl's "we ain't them" response though. I felt like it kinda took away from the impact of Rick's speech.

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I agree, I really didn't get his "We aint them!" repeat, and then Rick being like oh ok "hey, We aint them" back to him... it was like OK... that fell flat despite being strong!

Whiney Daryl, STFU! lol

5. jeffe

jeffe New Member

I liked Darryl's response. He just thinks that there is a better way to survive war/zombie apocalypse than digging your own grave every morning.

6. BatmansHooker

Yeah, exactly. Could have been better if it were a better response. It had minimal impact.
    I know what he meant, it just felt out of place and kind of stupid right there. Just a minor criticism, I'm not gonna lose my mind over it lol.

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Yes. Becuz that's the name of the show.

8. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

That could actually be a WD quiz question.

What season, what episode did Rick mention The Walking Dead title?

9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I guess that goes with Daryl's mantra this season though, 'we ain't dead' 'we ain't ashes' 'we ain't them' all saying the same thing, trying to keep the hope alive.

10. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

It was different than I was expecting the speech to be. He didn't seem to be saying that they are the walking dead. He was saying that the way that they can get through this was to pretend to be one (like his uncle). Play dead.

I liked Daryl's response because he doesn't want to play dead. He has kind of played dead his whole life. He wants to live. So does Rick which is why he agrees with Daryl and says that they're not.

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. I liked Daryl's response too, partly because it felt as if Rick's comment was a bit out of place. For those of us that have read the comics the "We are the Walking Dead" speech was delivered further back when they were at the prison. And I didn't think it was a good fit now. So I liked Daryl's counterpoint.

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I dont think saying they are the walking dead means they are permanently dead. Put within context of ricks story, he is basically saying they are temporarily dead but still walking until they find a way to be alive again. It was a hopeful speech to me...

13. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed when I heard that speech come from Rick. I thought it was one of the most iconic moments from the comics and very powerful when it happened. In the show, I almost missed the whole speech as it just came so fast and was brushed off by Daryl. Still, I think it works the way they did it in the show and I liked Daryl's retort to it - but it makes it completely different than how it was portrayed in the comics.

14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I didn't like Rick's speech. It felt like an excuse for Rick to say the second most famous quote from the Walking Dead comic book. The quote should've been spoken after the loss of the farm.

Daryl was right to say "We ain't them." The group needs to find reasons to stay alive everyday: for Judith, for the group, for that special someone, even for themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BatmansHooker

Agreed.

I mean, I liked it, but it definitely should have been sooner.

16. MadaLaRaida

MadaLaRaida New Member

I agree with this about what Daryl means by saying we ain't dead. However I thought it was kind of annoying how Daryl couldn't just let Rick have his speech. But at the same time I didn't think Daryl ruined it, as Rick should have said this much earlier in the show.

17. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Did Daryl say "We aint them", or "We ain't dead"? I thought I heard the later, but I'm likely wrong. If Daryl made the first statement I think it's notable that he's contradicting his leader (character developement of the Tyreese kind). If it was the second statement, it seems more like a rally for the troops. I have to watch again I guess.

18. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I feel daryl felt ricks speech pretty much was giving up hope saying they're dead already. So he countered by basically saying we're not them. I also feel he could've meant were not like them ppl they've come across and that could be why Rick agreed with him saying they're not like them but they are the walking dead.

19. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Actually now that I think about it I think daryl was referring to them as in the other ppl they've come across. It makes more sense to me than saying they're not the walkers. I feel daryl has seen Rick slip away first hand to who Rick is now. Even after the throat bite he told Rick that wasn't him. When Rick had the gun on the cop daryl stopped him from killing him and when Rick wanted to go in slitting throats at the hospital daryl talked him out of it. I just think this was another thing daryl did to try to stop Rick from slipping too far away from who he was and becoming like the claimers daryl was with

20. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Them. Like the title. :p