Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

We have a Muslim character!

Discussion in 'Episode 713 - Bury Me Here' started by Lindigo, Mar 13, 2017.

1. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

What's your probem?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

one reason it makes me happy is because as people such as yourself are able to see non-isis, normal muslim characters in tv shows, it will help them overcome their hate and fear.

when i was a girl, it was rare thing to see anyone black on tv. i loved the nat king cole show. only recently did i learn it had no sponsors because advertisers were afraid of backlash.

little by little, the world gets better.

#102 Lindigo, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, he's German. IF we were to treat him the way he treats others, we could say that he hates Muslims, Jews, Homosexuals, Romana, etc.

That really isn't a good way to treat someone, however.

4. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

What does being German have to do with it?

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Better be careful. Hatred has been known to eat you up, from the inside out.
    Any gastric problems lately?

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing. Unless one wants to play along with Nachtbringer's brand of bigotry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

In Germany you'd suffer legal consequences for hate speech.
    You should be banned here for this because it's not only hate speech but also a threat.

9. Espenlaub

Espenlaub New Member

Being German myself, a huge TWD fan and reading this forum for months with great joy, Nachtbringers post regarding muslims finally led to the decisicion to registrate and gain wrtiting permission:

Nachtbringer, fick dich doch ins Knie und verkriech dich in die Höhle, aus der du gekommen bist.

All others: Hello and have a good day :).

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

nachtbringer has been a dim bulb as long as most of us can remember. And welcome. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Espenlaub

Espenlaub New Member

Or as we say in Germany: Not the brightest candle on the cake ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Neuropyramidal

[​IMG]

13. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

@Nachtbringer - you and I have always been cool as fellow Shane fans...however your view of Muslims is really sad and disappointing. I can't believe you actually think this way --and then actually posted it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bambam

bambam New Member

Jesus, your so patronising.

And I notice you didn’t reply to my post when I gave you proof, Im not sure what your agenda is here

Your narrative seems to be that it is only ISIS, that are extreme.

Plenty of honour killings, stonings etc are carried out by non ISIS muslims, many non ISIS muslims force women to wear veils.

Let me tell you a story.

About 2005 when I was living in the UK, I had no problems with Muslims per sa but I had a problem with them being religious like I do all religions, Christians, jews etc as I am an atheist and believe that people that are religious are weak and prevent humanity from moving forward. But you know as long as it doesn’t effect me I don’t really care.

Anyhow one day I took a girl I knew (who had been very sick and nearly died and not been out hospital long) out for a coffee.

We were walking back to her house and we had to pass a mosque on her street and all the men were leaving it after prayers.

The were about 50 of them blocking the pavement and as we were getting closer to them I saw that they had noticed us and expected them to part and let us walk along the pavement but they kind of made a point of not moving and we were getting some dirty looks, because I was with a women presumably.

So I had to forcibly tell them to get out the ****ing way, which they begrudgingly did and let us past.

They weren’t extremists, as far as I knew, they were NORMAL muslims and at that point I realised this really isn’t going to work, they are showing what they really think by not letting us walk up that pavement.

In England if a women wants to walk up the pavement outside a mosque they can and Muslim men should respect that but they don’t, they want things done their way.

It is a deeply misogynistic religion and just because you seem to think that is acceptable it doesn’t mean everyone else should.

And the world isn’t getting better, its getting worse, because of religion.

15. Sharpie61

Could it be that, being an atheist, you can't relate to a woman, who chooses to honor her religion?

It's kind of like catholic. There is a church in St Augustine that has a sign out front, that said women must wear a head cover, before entering. Some do it without being told.

Not saying that some are not forced. But there are those who choose to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bambam

bambam New Member

Your patronising as well eh. I can relate to it.

If women want to wear then wear it, if they dont want to they should have the choice not to.

Youve answered your own question, not all choose to wear it, alot are forced.

Its not just clothing, in Saudi Arabia women cant drive for example.

I was watching something on Al Jazerra the other day where a women was killed, in Pakistan, because a video emerged of her clapping and enjoying herself.

The men that did it were interviewed and said "it was because of tradition".

This is acceptable to you?

#116 bambam, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

i'm ignoring you because you can't discuss the subject at hand in a straight line. you continue to fail to provide any evidence for your assertion that american muslim women are forced to wear a headscarf.

your continuing attempts to change to topic to whether muslim women in other countries are coerced continues to be irrelevant to your original assertion that american women are being coerced to wear a headscarf.

i, too, am atheist, but, unlike you, i don't believe people of faith "are weak and prevent humanity from moving forward."

whatever, the topic here is whether american muslim women are being forced to wear a headscarf.

18. bambam

bambam New Member

I provided evidence here...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/20/muslim-woman-veil-hijab

19. bambam

bambam New Member

And, straight line, what?

Yeah sometimes conversations go of on tangents.

20. Sharpie61

You make it sound like all are forced. And unless, you have spoken to every religious woman in the world. You can not claim that all are.

And in the ZA, where the show is taking place in the US, and not some middle eastern country. Odds, she is wearing it as a choice.
    My catholic story was to bring up strict catholics do the same. So it isn't just a "Muslim " thing.