Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

We need to grow.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by The Professor, May 6, 2014.

1. The Professor

The Professor Administrator

Hey guys-

We need to grow this community. We want to be the #1 leading independent community for H1Z1: the definitive source to discuss H1Z1, find clans, and engage in an active and friendly, communal atmosphere with non-abusive staff. Yes, Reddit exists- but that doesn't mean we can't co-exist with them. We're focusing heavily on nurturing a tight community where you can actually develop deep bonds with other members here. It's our goal for H1Z1F (H1Z1 Forum) to become the "pre-game lobby / chilling place" for when you're not actually playing H1Z1.

With that said, in the next couple of days and weeks, we'll be investing time and effort into promotional activities and building exposure of this community. If you have any promotional ideas, please send me a PM or leave a post in this thread. Additionally, if you're a member- any word-of-mouth efforts to your existing social circles (your friends, other sites you're on, etc) about H1Z1Forum.com would be much appreciated.

On another note, I'll be working on building a staff team (e.g. Admins, mods, etc) soon.

Cheers,
    Trey

2. Agent

Agent Member

For the people who think that reddit is the end of all forums i'll tell you this, sure it's cool to have one place to go for everything but there we're just one subforum, here we have the whole thing for us, and for a game this deep i prefer that, besides here threads last longer than a day (lol).

I will be telling my friends about this once they get more interested on H1Z1 :)

3. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

To add on to what agent said, vBulliton is one of the best forums. It lets a fully extended webpage to take place.

4. Edware

Edware New Member

Definitely man! I've always loved being able to come to a forum dedicated to a single or select few games. I don't know many people who are interested in this game, but If I meet some people I'll definitely invite them here!

5. Eat You Alive!

Eat You Alive! New Member

Yay new H1Z1 forums!

6. Agent

Agent Member

It's funny how some of us are saying that we don't know many people that are interested in this game, because it just came to my mind that that's the whole reason we're here, because we're looking for someone to share or love for h1z1.

I would also like to add to the staff, that if we have the right set up once the game goes out of the early stage being the number 1 site is very possible, in fact, we have a really high chance to make that happen. :)

7. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Yes. It would make he forum more interesting, enable faster complexes, and promote he general welfare to have staff.

8. LindaKay

LindaKay New Member

I agree! There is no such thing as too many H1Z1 fans! The more the merrier, as (almost) always.

9. seanbisepic

seanbisepic New Member

I agree with the co-existing idea. It's simply the best of both worlds, and you can simply participate with both communities without much effort at all! They're simply a method you can enjoy the communities of both!

10. Sky

Sky New Member

I would suggest developing a real main page rather then just the forum main page, if you need some help with this feel free to PM me about it but seeing a community site without something like a blogroll for easy, digestible information is confusing.

11. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Couldn't agree more. I am up for the task too. I know the forum is in development, so I know it's going to take awhile.

12. The Professor

The Professor Administrator

I disagree.

We're not a blog or a news website. We're a forum and we're focusing heavily on community- so that's why the forum should and will always remain the first sight upon landing.

Trey

13. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Well, if we are to get more members, I think we should have something like that. What do you propose?

14. Sky

Sky New Member

I see your logic, I really do.

I'm not entirely sure how a main page would take away from a community though, if anything it entices people to come into the website to see more.

I personally visit fan websites of games for news and the occasional chat, I never really visit (even forums) based around a game for the forum aspect. Granted, this may not be where you want the website to be heading but I think that having a very interesting, engaging front page would drive more traffic and at the end of the day it's what this topic was about.

Something like a blogroll with news about h1z1, twitter, youtube - Even MCforums does this now and they are bigger then ever because of it because it's a place where people can digest news and it doubles up as a forum so it serves 2 purposes.

But, this is your website and not mine so it's up to you. I felt my first post didn't explain this very well so I refined it a bit.

EDIT: It also says news in the logo..

#14 Sky, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  15. Zeliounz

Zeliounz New Member

The monkies, they're everywhere!!!!

16. killerwin

killerwin New Member

For my very first post here, can I say I agree with both of you?

I have been building and running forums for over ten years and I see what you're saying about maintaining the main focus on the forums and community aspects of the website, but I'd like to suggest a blog as well.

Not on the front page, but a vB blog plugin that lets us keep a news-like display of forum announcements, site news, events, etc. would be really helpful.

Additionally, I can suggest a community podcast of some kind.

17. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Like this
    [​IMG]

Just an example of one of the forums I use, so don't copy write. ;3

Everything is fine. No need to change, just add a bit.

18. Ryguy2016

Ryguy2016 New Member

I'm really excited for this game. I've been a Planetside 2 fan for awhile now and I'm looking forward to this!

19. jbroge

jbroge New Member

How can I help the community here

20. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Make sure you post. Also, keeping on topic helps. ;)