Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

weapon nerfs..

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by MERCURYSB3, Jul 17, 2014.

1. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

after playing spec-ops you see how much the weapons of MW3 multi player and bot controlled games can differ big time in performance.the Fad in Spec-ops starts with 240 rounds but in Multi player its with 80. of course you have to earn the ext mag attatchment but sure would help with a big mag at the start. i'm a major LMG player my favorite weapon is the L86. in multi player it will jump off target but in Spec-op it is smooth as can be.
    would had liked the sentry granade launcher to be a high value perk, hell of a weapon.one weapon that i thought would be great at any level was the sniper rifle. now i played a mission level and a sniper rifle was a choice weapon, it would take down a juggernaut with three shots to the head so i guessed that this weapon would be great for a survivor mode game, was i fooled big time it took twenty shots to take down a juggernaut and no i did not miss all shots were to the head.one thing that really surprized the heck out of me is "aim assist"now Elpresador always complained about being "pushed" off target.always thought he was just bitching for the heck of it but,it can mess you up. in Spec-ops in Resistence would go prone facing the door (inside the center house) with the steps in front and when ADS'n would see the weapon turn to the right or left depending on the bot direction and it would follow the bot up the stairs and to the side of the door then point to the bot when it would come in to the door. now whats really a screw up is when two bots come up from the right and left the first bot to enter the door does not become the target the "aim assist" will point to the farthest target away meaning if you are not paying attention the weapon will be off target for enough time for the bot to get a couple of rounds in you and in Spec-ops if you don't have revive and start to bleed out you lose.ok, so last night i thought i would see just how strong aim assist really is so got in to Mission dom game and we started on the C flag so went prone and ADs the LMG, now you know that some one always trys to come up the front wall or down that alley where the stack of pallets are so i did not move held weapon with out any left stick and of course aim assist does not work. i got killed four times. thought well maybe i am still holding the weapon with the left stick i don't have the perk that keep the weapon from swaying and thought this should work.but it doesn't. started to wonder if the size of the weapon and its weight have anything to do with aim assist .maybe a sniper who does what a real sniper does is to go prone somewhere and at times when ADs'n can feel the pull of aim assist.i guess my point to all of this is its a wonder how much the developers of any COD game can nerf the weapon and when they kick them up a notch how effective a weapon can really be.the other night in Bootleg me and a sniper were going up the back stairs in to the center building so i went in first with a MK48 and took out four badguys i felt like monster for a micro second and then the sniper went in took out two more badguys in the bushes so our team could cap B flag and of course we won.but for a few minutes i hoped that the developers turned up the killing power of this weapon and thought maybe just maybe they did this as a reward for MW3 players and maybe to spice up this game a little.MW3 was pushing the purchase of added map packs some free an some for a price so bought all that were available maybe the weapon improvement is a bonus for spending money on a five year old game .:behindsofa: :ranger: :heh:

2. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea, the changes can be fairly noticeable. Some weapons are nerfed so much they seem completely different in Spec Ops.

3. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

no doubt any good player knows how effective any weapon is after trial and error gameplay or likes weapon a lot and will adjust to weapons performance. of course in my gameplay (duh) just now understanding just how nerfed weapons really are.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

4. ijaz123

ijaz123 New Member

ght he was just bitching for the heck of it but,it can mess you up. in Spec-ops in Resistence would go prone facing the door (inside the center house) with the steps in front and when ADS'n would see the weapon turn to the right or left depending on the bot direction and it would follow the bot up the stairs and to the side of the door then point to the bot when it would come in to the door. now whats really a screw up is when two bots come up from the right and left the first bot to enter the door does not become the target the "aim assist" will point to the farthest target away meaning if you are not paying attention the weapon will be off target for enough time for the bot to get a couple of rounds in you and in Spec-ops if you don't have revive and start to bleed out you lose.ok, so last night i thought i would see just how strong aim assist really is so got in t