Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Well, I guess Shane right...

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by Zombie Lover, Nov 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Shane was obsessed with Lori. When a man is obsessed with a woman it's only a matter of time before he kills the woman he's obsessed with. He tried to rape her once, and had he killed Rick instead of the other way around, Lori would've eventually died at Shane's hands as well.

2. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

True, not smart to walk around in the dark alone like that. But, in his defense, wasn't he supposed to be on patrol? It had been relatively quiet in the days/weeks prior to that so I guess they'd kinda put their guard down and let just 1 man patrol and look out for trouble. But, yeah, not too smart.

3. rabscuttle1

I wouldn't want my child born in Woodbury. Better dead than a slave, and that's all you are in Woodbury. The Gov's slave.

4. Zombie Lover

Yeah, I forgot about that attempted rape at the CDC. Makes me even more upset with her for asking him to stay after that when they got to the farm.

5. rabscuttle1

Yeah, Lori had some serious issues.

6. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Well, anybody who thinks tin can early warning devices with no patrols is good enough protection. Sign me up! That way I can get plenty of sleep!

#46 Duzy, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  7. marsyao

marsyao Member

Come on, these two had a relationship, not one time fling, so thing is more complicate. Just see what Mr Chris Brown did far worse to rihanna and just see now they are back together

8. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah that's messed up.

9. rabscuttle1

That makes Rihanna just as stupid as Lori and Chris Brown just as big a piece a shit as Shane. I guess it's true that art imitates life.

10. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Yes, I think Shane was correct when he implied "you're not hard enough to protect them"

someone with a harder mentality would have killed Andrew when he had an easy chance (Andrews arms were through the closed door bars, Rick could have easily grabbed on and waited until Andrew got chomped a few times)

But the question, exactly as you posed it, was shane right, that Rick was too soft to protect Lori and Carl. Yes, Rick was too soft to kill andrew , and Andrew's actions contributed to Lori's Death.. at least in that she didn't get her best available chance for life (in their cleanest cell with a sterile knife, clean banagages etc)

Also though, as many have stated the "Shane way" Is only good for short term bursts... had the group done things the "shane way" when they first found the farm, Hershel would not allowed them to stay, so no hershel, no doctor , no chance. Had Shane killed Rick, i don't feel that the group would have made it to the prison...

but a Shane, Lori + Carl group would have been a great fit in with woodburry .... so maybe Shane could have kept those 2 safer (at the cost of everyone else in their group)

I guess to be Pighy
    Yes , Rick is (or was) too soft to protect Lori, and Shane was too Hard to protect them long term (not group friendly enough)

11. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I think Shane would quickly have ended up a head in a fish tank in Woodbury.

12. rabscuttle1

I agree. And Lori would be having a third guy's baby.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

What good for long term if your wife died in short term?

14. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Yes, I think Shane was correct when he implied "you're not hard enough to protect them"

someone with a harder mentality would have killed Andrew when he had an easy chance (near the end of 302 Andrews arms were through the closed door bars, Rick could have easily grabbed on and waited until Andrew got chomped a few times)

Yes, Rick was too soft to kill andrew , and Andrew's actions contributed to Lori's Death.. at least in that she didn't get her best available chance for life (in their cleanest cell with a sterile knife, clean banagages etc)

Also though, as many have stated the "Shane way" Is only good for short term bursts... had the group done things the "shane way" when they first found the farm, Hershel would not allowed them to stay, so no hershel, no doctor , no chance. Had Shane killed Rick, i don't feel that the group would have made it to the prison...

but a Shane, Lori + Carl group would have been a great fit in with woodburry (not sure if they would have found it) but maybe Shane could have kept those 2 safer (at the cost of everyone else in their group)

I guess to be Pighy
    Yes , Rick is (or was) too soft to protect Lori, and Shane was too Hard to protect them long term (not group friendly enough)

15. Zombie Lover

Good idea about holding Andrew's arms through the bars.

Also, Shane was already plotting on taking the farm from Hershel, so you're right there wouldn't have been a Hershel to deliver the baby anyway.

16. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

They didn't have a relationship. They had **** sessions. As far as Shane being right and taking care of things.He would have ****ed things up as he always had. Ad dealing with Governor? The Governor would have ****ed Shane up royally. Shane lacked common sense and reason.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

We must seen a different "The Walking dead" TV show

18. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know what show you're watching.

19. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Shane doesn't understand the concept of patience. He's irrational and had anger problems. Again I shall say he's not in any sense leader material.

20. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Shane didn't understand the concept of sanity. He cracked. He didn't just bend under the pressure, he shattered. He was in the middle of a full on psychotic episode there in the end. Unfortunate, but some people really aren't made for the end of the world.