Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Well I'm back...

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by SeanPWnery, Mar 21, 2017.

1. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

It's been well over a year - and I decided to check out H1Z1 again - there've been quite a few updates - some good, some quite annoying - but overall playable.

What I did find ... interesting was ... over a year ago I dropped a suggestion to add a box to bases where it calculated the maintenance costs for keeping your base from falling apart. Imagine my surprise when I logged in a few days ago and saw my idea in the game... and that nobody ever notified me that it was being added.

I mean, I'm not looking for a monetary reward of any kind, but I saw it and thought "huh... I wonder why they never said 'hey! great idea! we're gonna add it!' or something to that effect.

My only gripe with it is - the "daily" maintenance cost is a bit steep ... it'd be kind-of nice if it were a weekly one instead. I mean, it's not like a base-raider can't destroy it with a well-planned attack anyway - but the degradation rate is a little severe as it currently sits.

As for the vehicle deterioration - I understand *why* they did it, but the rate a car falls apart is a bit ridiculous... though it can be said that it definitely solved the "Car hoarder" problems of yesteryear. I think what I'd rather have seen is a permission setup per user to limit the number of cars one could have to only 2. This way you're not aching for wrenches and wasting half your day looking for them. It seems feasible since you can now set permissions on bases for other players yourself - I don't see why they can't just make a universal code on the server-side for player limitations for certain types of items (in this case vehicles).

There's still a few foibles that I can tell while venturing out - but otherwise, it's definitely a bit more playable than it used to be. Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll detail out those issues bit by bit. I'm just glad the development didn't die off when I almost gave up on the title a year ago. :D

2. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

Oh... I guess one other thing I found peculiar is the lack of newly added POI's - this map literally looks/feels exactly the way I left it in terms of places to go.

3. TeX

TeX Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome back! Yes, it seems the fan demand for a quick release and the scale of the game the devs have in mind when finished has left this game in alpha for quite some time. Just ride that wave, play when you want...but gone for a year? Many changes.