Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Well, mediocre episode. but....

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by Ionut, May 2, 2016.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

That's why you don't allow people on board!

/end of that discussion

Also, these characters and cliche's are starting to wear down what was IMO a strong start. I hope that Mexico will be a good enough back drop to make things interesting.

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I bet they go through Luis's Boot Camp on arrival and all end up as hardened fighters there!

A boy can dream?

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Even if they come out hardened fighters....Who Cares...Super crappy characters. Half of the cast must be dead by end of season !

4. walkon

walkon Active Member

Man, l've tried so hard to like this show. I'm the only one at home still hanging in. I find myself wishing Daniel would put them all out of their misery and find a new bunch of people. As hard as I try I just can't seem to bond with these peope.

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

Eh have no feeling about any of these characters. Nick is entertaining and Daniel is ok. Otherwise I just don't care. Compared to TWD which I immediately latched on to the characters and by season 1 episode 3 was full fledged caring about all of them. FWD needs to catch up and soon.

6. PapSett

PapSett Member

This is how I feel exactly. I barely know the names of these people. I am really trying to like this show and get to know the characters but the whole thing is falling flat to me.

7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I started liking this show when I accepted it as a show in its own right, not to be confused or compared to the original and to give it a chance for what it is, not for what I think it should be or could be.

But I do agree, once again they "let" someone on board.
    Funny thing is, this is the only group they absolutely positively should have fired upon.
    Oh well, if it weren't for stupidity it wouldn't be a horror show.

#7 8307c4, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I like the show but agree that they have failed to make us care about the characters on the same level as TWD. The characters are too cliche and stereotypical. I find Nick & Salazar interesting or at least less one dimensional than say, Travis or Alicia, who are at this point, boringly predictable. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Chris could become a great character.
    Several scenes have tried to show us intimate moments, like Maddy crying in the bathroom, or Chris keeping vigil beside his dead mother, but it just didn't have the same impact as the scene where Rick makes it to his house after leaving the hospital, falls on his knees and asks..is this real?pounding the floor, smacking his head. It was that moment where I really related to Rick Grimes and his predicament, I could see myself having the same reaction.
    Not sure if that's the writing, the actors or some combination of the 2, but I hope this season they can develop the characters beyond their descriptors. Some of the secondary characters have held more interest and behaved more realistically than our main group.
    on a side note, splitting up the season, seems like bad move in terms of trying to keep the viewer engaged.

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The problem is that not enough of the characters are dying, IMO. The bond was grown in TWD when you see how the characters respond to more deaths.