Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

We'll take 23

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by RoboLives, Feb 23, 2015.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Once again Rick makes a really stupid decision that puts everybody in danger. Why do they follow this guy?

2. JMac

JMac Member

Because he's Rick Grimes.

3. lurkers&roamers

Rick didn't even make the decision. He just gave in to everyone else wanting to give the guy a chance. And you know what, I think it's a chance they need to take. It's good to be weary of people. But when you get down to it, not everyone is out to get them. Not every group is going to be a problem. Rick took a lot of precautions, and he was wise to do so. But Aaron, to me, seems legit. Sure, I was suspicious of him from the start, but I think this episode showed that he can be trusted. Maybe I'm wrong and Aaron is bad news, but I don't think so.

4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

It was a compromise. Rick didn't really want to go, but if he did, he was going on his own terms. I can understand why he would be suspicious and take an alternate route to get to the same place.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They didn't take the 23. They took the 16. The road signs along their trip, even at night when they got into trouble, said 16.

Nope, nevermind, they were on 23 for awhile. They switched to 16 later, after the accident.

#5 Neuropyramidal, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think this is overblown. You can't clear an entire freakin freeway, it's just a false sense of security. Thousands of zombies can randomly show up anywhere that's already been cleared. There was barely a disadvantage going on 23.

I guess if what Neuro said is true that just proves the point, wasn't any safer taking a supposed 'clear' way but yet it has the potential danger of ambush.

7. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

and yet if it was a trap - and he did take 16 and end up straight into an ambush or a road with spotters etc - you'd be saying the same thing. So, clearly they can't win.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Good grief, I need to rewatch this episode. I missed that along with some other details that have been brought up, never caught the J on the blender pistol either.

9. Neuropyramidal

No, I was wrong. When they first show them on the trip, they pass a sign that said '23'. Then later after the accident, when they went in the woods and fought walkers, and then walked back to the road, the sign said '16'. So it seems maybe what actually happened is that after the accident, they walked from the 23 to the 16.

#9 Neuropyramidal, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  10. Sixfootbrunette

This is a Ricktatorship remember. No one says no to him, ever.

11. jackie pies

jackie pies Member

When Aaron said they had cleared 16, I assumed he meant of wrecked / stalled cars and barriers like that. Of course clearing any road of walkers might be as temporary as 10 minutes or 10 years. It's all about noises and luck as to where the walkers stumble around.

12. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Yes, I think you are right. I'm sure they cleared out whatever walkers were there but more could always stumble back that way.

13. Neuropyramidal

Yeah I think he meant they cleared it of cars. And once they got on 16, it did seem pretty clear.

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

The Rictatorship is dead. You have Michonne calling the shots, Glen, even Daryl is voting Rick down.

15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I found Ricks idea of taking the other road to ASP not that stupid. After all, the group just encountered at least 4 groups, that meant bad news: Woodbury and the return of the governor later, the Claimers, Terminus and Dawn and her policemen. I would be a little paranoid too after that - especially with two kids. And taking the other route sounded like a sensible course of action. They could have encountered that walker group on the other road too, it's not, like you can get rid of them forever.

16. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

They have also ran into herds of Zombies at full speed in the middle of the night before haven't they? I might just drive a little slower?