Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Well, that was fast.

Discussion in 'Episode 803 - Monsters' started by IThinkHesGay, Nov 6, 2017.

1. IThinkHesGay

IThinkHesGay Member

Poor Morales. I was hoping he'd end up joining team Rick because I was a fan of his during the first season, but I had a feeling he wouldn't leave that room alive. What was even the point of bringing him back? Just to show that good guys can change under Negan's rule? As a cameo for fans? Or maybe the actor held Gimple at gunpoint until he wrote him back into the show. All I know is i feel kind of jipped...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was surprised he was dead so fast. I thought they might overpower him and he'd end up giving over a lot of information or something. Was really surprised they killed him so fast.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I was hoping he would stick around a little longer.

4. batongal

batongal Active Member

I'm alright with it. Never liked him calling Dale out on his "stupid watch".

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I totally feel jipped. What was the freakin point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I am kind of bummed that he was there for such a short time even if i wasn't one of the people rooting for his return for the past several seasons :) But I think his purpose was to help give more of an in depth look at how the saviors end up with Negan, and the type of mindset they are in. They are people who were all out of options for survival, and were taken under Negan's wing and brainwashed. He also called Rick a "monster" and he KNEW Rick, so that just shows the power Negan has over these people.

Does that justify everything for the saviors? No. But it helps us understand a little more, and to me it shows that there is a possibility for some of them to turn things around when they see there is a better life out there. Unfortunately for Morales, he had a gun to Rick's face so there was no time for chit-chat.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I like this. Thank you. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'm not jipped because I didn't care that much about him returning. Though I totally did not expect it after all this time. But the question remains. What was the point? I think the writers wanted a way to show that not all the Saviors are monsters that were evil from birth. Some were taken in by the group and just acclamated to their ways. But due to his high and mighty I am Negan stance with Rick, hell yes Daryl had to shut that shit down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

I would have preferred they drowned him.

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

See, that's what I wanted to have happen, but I don't think it did happen.

Morales just came off as kind of an asshole, no really reason for him to have joined the bad guys (one sentence about being in a trailer? That's it? Why does he think Rick is evil, when we have been shown that even Negan's own people are afraid of him and don't see him as the good guy). Emotionally it was shallow, he wasn't around long enough for me to understand or care about him, even though I would have like to.

Basically as a viewer we all got turned into Darryl, yeah I know who it is but so what? They didn't let me care about him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The point was to compare Daryl and Rick's reactions to killing. Rick still is sensitive about who he has to kill, but Daryl is remorseless at this point.

12. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

Rick led an unprovoked attack on an outpost and murdered people in their sleep. Morales was on the side with the people who were murdered as they slept. If you were in his shoes, you would think the same way. It's natural.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

lol, it wasn't unprovoked. The saviors had already accosted our people on the road, attempting to take all their stuff and kill one of them, and they had already been terrorizing the hilltop for some time, killing Hilltop members [including a 16 year old boy] each time they weren't pleased with an offering. It was hardly unprovoked.

If I was living among a group of people who operated that way, I would expect to be attacked sooner or later. A thinking person wouldn't be surprised by that, unless they were completely brainwashed by Negan. Which it seems is often the case with the saviors.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It was not unprovoked, and the giant convoy that was sent to Alexandria to kill people should have been a tip-off. And the fact that the entire Saviors scheme is basically a protection racket where they kill people and force them to give them their supplies.

That was my point. It would be hard to be a part of the Saviors and not know what your leader is doing, especially when he's not exactly shy about telling you and showing you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I guess for me it was less about caring about Morales specifically, and more about getting somewhat of an explanation for how the saviors came to be and how even people who started off as friendly, every-day guys got wrapped up in Negan's world. Not that it justifies it completely.

One of the saviors that Jesus took as prisoners was running through the woods and said "i didn't make it this far to die!" or something along those lines. They are basically just doing whatever it takes to survive. Under the leadership of Negan, they don't have the luxury of making moral decisions like Rick's people do.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Morales told Rick that his family died on the way to Birmingham and he was alone and so desperate that he stayed in a trailer and was waiting to just die off and then Negan came and rescued him. Negan, sort of, captured the loyalty of this fellow who was in the lowest point in his life.
    IIRC, this is also how the Governor got hold of Merle too. Merle, with his hand cut off, was most vulnerable when the Governor came and took him in.

17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I felt a little bit disappointed myself, it was so early in the show I had not even got the chance to let a good fart out and I always like to fart off a good one before the heavy shit starts and I didn't get the chance so I'm a little bit disappointed.

18. msmith73

msmith73 Member

The point is to show Rick's decline back to "mercy" and value human life. A constant struggle he has had throughout the series. The fluctuation between "I don' take chances anymore" Rick and he farmer/diplomat Rick is very interesting. The return of a softer more sympathetic Rick at this stage only makes sense with his ultimate decision on how he handles Negan.

19. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Anyone could do what they want with Dale, IMO. I always hated him right from the start. Nosy old asshole who was too stupid to get a good RV from a sales lot.