Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Well Thought Out Criticisms for "Indifference"

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by Stuff&Thangs, Oct 29, 2013.

1. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Do we know what month or time of year these episodes take place? I see leaves falling near the college, but Rick and Carol are picking tomatoes which is a summer crop.

2. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Here is a very thorough discussion of the episode.

[video=youtube;radVd53opDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=radVd53opDE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCcVQKtF8zHVQoTJt8NNMJA[/video]

3. chomps

chomps New Member

I picked tomatoes in Northern Michigan just last week. Last time this season.

4. chomps

chomps New Member

I like the Tyreese character, but I think Carol would be a better choicein the long run for the "group" than he. Big as he is...he's wimp.

5. Charmander

Charmander Member

"Skineater" Such a stupid term.

6. highway234

highway234 Member

yup, i didn't buy that either. first thing they do is try to get past the skin. I think I liked "lamebrain" better. At least it was descriptive and accurate.

7. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

This is GA though. I could be wrong, but most of the time you don't see them in the fall. I could also be wrong about which season the episodes take place in.

8. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

A friend of mine posted this (don't know if it was his)
    [​IMG]

9. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Somebody is farming. Probably a mistake.

10. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the time line, but I'm in South Carolina, and I'm still harvesting tomatoes. The pickings are slim, but the fruit is still there.

11. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Where are the kittys? I'd like to see more kitties on TWD

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm not a farmer, but I think even after a year and a half, crops could still grow in the pattern in which they were planted. Not necessarily a mistake.

13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It would depend on the crop. I would think that tomatoes might reseed themselves if left to rot, but they wouldn't be up on stakes, which I think these were.

14. lolly

lolly New Member

I liked the episode. Can get over time of year ect....But why did they only pick the ripe tomatoes? Only prob I had.....

15. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Yes they would, depending on the crop, but it certainly wouldn't be that clean. There would be more weeds and brush than crops. I see it all the time around here between crops and here we're talking about a year and a half plus. Fields would be overrun with weeds.

#55 AClayeJ, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  16. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

[​IMG]

17. rustybag

rustybag Member

Maybe this has been mentioned already, I am new to the board and have not read through it yet. But one thing that I have noticed is they are inconsistent with the behavior of walkers. Sometimes they give them human attributes, or their behavior is not congruent with what we know about walkers. Walkers go after live flesh, this is why they are gathering by the fence at the prison. They don't give up and go frolic in the woods to pass time. So why did the walker in the pajamas let Ana & Sam hang out in the bathroom of the house for 2 days? What was she doing, resting in the bedroom? From what we know about walkers, she would have been trying to get them. We saw this with the governor & his walker daughter in an old episode, when he was brushing her hair. For one thing, she would not have just been sitting there allowing for her hair to be brushed. And she wouldn't have felt pain when he accidentally tore at her scalp, which is how they made it seem during that scene. Just some inconsistencies that I have noticed that I find to be curious.

#57 rustybag, Nov 5, 2013
  18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Penny was essentially tamed ala Michonne's walkers but still had a jaw and needed to be held down. The walker in the house may not have known they were there.

19. rustybag

rustybag Member

Penny still had her teeth. And she would not have felt pain regardless.

The walker was right next to Ana & Sam & they made no noises for 2 days to trigger it? They would have made some noise going up the stairs to get to the bathroom. And they knew the walker was there & that she had on pajamas, so why didn't it see them? And why were they locked in the bathroom unless it was to get away from the walker? It doesn't make sense.

ps - also the concept of "tame" walkers has been inconsistent. Michonne's walkers without teeth were tame, but the ones Woodbury used in the arena for the staged fights weren't.

#59 rustybag, Nov 5, 2013
  20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

the woodbury walkers weren't kept around people. No one was attempting to do that for them.