Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

We're All Zombies

Discussion in 'Zombie Chatter' started by CactusLand, Feb 23, 2015.

1. CactusLand

CactusLand New Member

2. jeffe

jeffe New Member

I'm not sure that "inverted Chritstian mythos" quite applies to shows like TWD though. That only applies if the person that becomes a zombie actually experiences the transformation and everything that happens afterwards. I can actually only think of 1 zombie genre show that has the characters remember being infected and what it was like; it's called Helix on syfy I think. No other show makes any implication that the person that is now a zombie knows what they are doing once they're undead

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I have to sigh when I read an article like this, they're always the same:

"The vast majority of Westerners have ceased to create anything tangible. Only one in five Americans actually produce anything. Eating what one produces on a farm or trading manufactured goods for food connects us to life. But when people spend ten hours hours a day in an office looking at a computer screen and two hours in traffic, somehow eating, and living, become abstract. What are we actually doing to create the food , heat, and the shelter we need?

Modern man is almost entirely without out any practical skills. He doesn't know how to grow food, hunt animals or build a house. He uses all sorts of electronic tools whose core technologies he doesn't really understand and which he doesn't have the slightest idea how to fix."

I disbelieve this whole idea that somehow primitive man was superior to modern man. We're the same genetically, and as far as it goes, how many people do you know starve to death? A lot of hunter-gatherers did. What population was sustained when we were all out hunting for a living? 1/100th of what it is now?

Those survival skills the author longs for are only useful *in the situation where they're needed*. There are still people that have these skills, but generally speaking if you want to eat regularly you'd be better off going to school and getting a job. Will society collapse this year? If it did, you'd be well served by spending 12 hours a day learning how to trap animals and shoot with a bow and arrow. If it does NOT collapse? You should have put that same amount of effort into working and building up income for your retirement.

LOL, I just can't see why people can be so hand-wringy about living in our society, one that lets people do less work and survive longer than any time in history, with a better quality of life to boot.