Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

We're going to Washington D.C

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by elvisgp, Mar 2, 2014.

1. batongal

batongal Active Member

I think Beth and Daryl will venture off to D.C. since they believe the group is gone. Then they will have two story lines going on at the same time and some time in season 5 they will eventually meet up with Abraham and everyone in D.C. I don't think it is going to be a swift reunion.

2. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

I don't think they would have focused on it for a few seconds if it didn't have any significance. The idea of going to D.C has already been brought up in the show
    , so they are most likely going towards that storyline.

#22 elvisgp, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  3. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

Not all of us have read the comics mate, if you're going to reveal stuff like this could you please mark it as a spoiler, as you've just ruined a bit of this show for me by revealing the Washington thing is more likely than not.

Thank you

#23 ellisfella, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  4. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

Sorry, I was on my phone and I can't use spoiler tags. But... This is a thread about the show moving towards the D.C plot line(of which I didn't even reveal any details about), so I'm not sure why you expected this to be a spoiler free thread.

5. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

It's one thing to speculate whether they'll go the Washington DC or not, quite another to say it's already definitely happened in the comics, something I was blissfully unaware of until just now.

Just asking if you could possibly be a bit more considerate, that's all.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I realize the thread title made it obvious what could be discussed but this is still the show section and spoiler tags are in order. I edited the post.
    edited

7. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

Sorry again, Ellisfella.
    Thanks legendx66 for creating the spoiler tags.

8. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

No worries mate

9. Elvis_Mazur

Elvis_Mazur Member

It's pretty clear the next big arcs are gonna be Terminus and DC.

10. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

Just because something happens in the comics doesn't mean it will in the TV series.

11. Dead Fan 13

Dead Fan 13 Member

I loved the part when Beth found one of those collectable spoons with Washington DC on it, loved the foreshadowing. Did she keep the spoon? It looked like she put it in her pocket.

12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

There was definitely some symbolism and or forshadowing perhaps in this episode. The DC spoon, the clock Tempus Fugit, rich bitch sign and class warfare stuff, last man standing comment, and more.

Another little possibly random thing I noticed was when Daryl was 'clubbing' that last walker on the ground at the 'clubhouse', next to its head on the floor, was a playing card: 4 of 'Clubs' - ok I know, but...?!?!

13. elvisgp

elvisgp Member

I love little things like these. I know I might be stretching it, but at the end of the episode when Daryl and Beth are talking, Beth says something about keeping things in her heart(gesturing towards her heart), and then the camera focuses on Daryl. We see Daryl's knife pointing straight at Beth's heart.... So maybe she dies soon? I really don't know. I feel like I'm reading way too deep into this lol.

14. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Me too...these little things have been all over the place in TWD. That's why I like to do the marathon binge of a season or two, or re-watch a new episode to pick up on all those things I might have missed. I hope more people continue to point these possible instances out, how big or how small.

15. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I thought Darryl accidentally splattering walker blood all over Beth and her new outfit was significant. I'm starting to think that her character has served its purpose. Get Daryl to come to grips with his past and present self (much like Michonne seeing her twin in the zombie herd), and now she's going to die. And Daryl will have to put her down for good.

16. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

sexual symbolism again, it was like she was losing her virginity

17. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

not necessarily death, more likely small death, knife as phallic symbol