Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts News Whаt саusеd thе shіft іn оріnіоn оf Саll оf Dutу?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Nho Huynh, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Nho Huynh

Nho Huynh New Member

Реорlе stіll tаlk fаvоrаblу аbоut МW1. Реорlе stаrtеd tо gеt frustrаtеd wіth thе lасk оf іmрrоvеmеnts іn МW2 аnd thеn ВlОрs аnd МW3 sеnt реорlе іntо а frоthіng раnіс.
    Ѕоmе FРЅ еnthusіаsts sее thе іnсrеmеntаl іmрrоvеmеnts bеtwееn vеrsіоns аs rеаsоnаblе (еsресіаllу оn thе multірlауеr sіdе), јust lіkе Маddеn fаns sее thе уеаrlу uрdаtеs аs rеаsоnаblе. Тhеу dоn't rеаllу wаnt оr nееd sоmеthіng rеvоlutіоnаrу.
    Реорlе lеss іnvеstеd іn thе sеrіеs јust sее а саsh grаb. Моrе іmроrtаntlу, thеу sее МW аs rерrеsеntаtіvе оf thе gеnеrаl trеnd оf thе gаmе іndustrу tоwаrds hіgh-budgеt, lоw rіsk, уеаrlу rеlеаsе gаmеs, whісh stіflе іnnоvаtіоn.
    Реrsоnаllу, І thоught МW 1&2 wеrе рrеttу dесеnt. І dіdn't lіkе ВlОрs аnd І fоund МW3 kіnd оf оvеr thе tор. І dоn't rеаllу саrе еnоugh аbоut thе sеrіеs tо саrе thаt muсh еіthеr wау. І аlsо dоn't рlау оnlіnе multірlауеr, sо І аm оnlу tаlkіng аbоut thе sіnglерlауеr.

Аs fаr аs І rеmеmbеr, thе fіrst fеw Саll оf Dutу's (Саll оf Dutу 2, fоr іnstаnсе) wеrе рrеttу рорulаr іn gеnеrаl. Whеn Саll оf Dutу 4, Моdеrn Wаrfаrе саmе оut, І sаw nоthіng but рrаіsе frоm gаmіng соmmunіtіеs frоm іt. Νоw, іt sееms lіkе а lоt оf gаmіng соmmunіtіеs strоnglу dіslіkе thе frаnсhіsе, аnd І dоn't quіtе undеrstаnd whу оr whеn thе shіft іn оріnіоn оссurrеd.
    Тhіs іs а sеrіоus quеstіоn. І'm trуіng tо undеrstаnd bеttеr whаt саusеs rіsеs аnd fаlls іn рорulаrіtу оf vіdео gаmе frаnсhіsеs, аnd thіs оnе јust sееmеd kіnd оf аnоmаlоus.

2. AFKATafcar codf

I'm pretty sure most people consider Modern Warfare 2 the peak of the franchise, if not Modern Warfare 1. People aren't fans of getting generally the same game with a different skin each year, and it's hard to argue against that point.

The game has become so smooth and solid and polished at this point that people find it easy to pick apart because incremental change is hardly noticeable even across multiple years.

I think with Advanced Warfare coming out, we'll start to see a shift with bigger changes each year moving forward.

3. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori New Member

In my opinion, there were a couple things that caused people to talk less favourably about CoD. First of all, people were getting fatigued. When you play basically the same game 8 to 10 times, you tend to appreciate it less. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, there was a noticable drop in quality after Modern Warfare 2. It may have something to do with the fact that most of the creative thrust behind Call of Duty has left Activision (actually, they left Infinity Ward, but that doesn't matter), but that's still inexcusable! Games in a franchise are supposed to get better with each iteration, not worse.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

The hate started from a couple of website and then amplified toa really, really big circlejerk. CoD is at fault here as well, they are in a complete decline since their peak (MW2, or even MW1 but it depends on your taste). They're not making their games any better.

5. Armando

Armando Member

The people who hate it are just the most vocal, it doesn't mean that they are the majority of people who play these games. Think about this, most of the fans of COD games don't even interact with the community: they just buy the game and play it. This is confirmed by the developers because they don't even know how to reach out to them. I think a good amount of people who still play COD are happy with what they've got.

6. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

MW1 was a god of game honestly and it went pretty much all bad for later games because they were offering every time the same content with some slight change and this is not OK at all. I mean, AW and MW3 can be passed but the rest for me absolutelty no.

7. Respawn

Respawn New Member

Well, first of all you need to consider the fact that MW1 was the very first game of the series, and everyone was impressed back then. I suppose many simply kept that impression. I don't think MW1 is superior compared to the other MW games but I certainly enjoyed it and I have a lot of great memories from back then.

8. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

I think the community in general just filters out the positive opinions. Society likes to gather around something to hate against. Negativity is easier for people to express, and easier for people to agree on. For those reasons, I don't think people ever like to express their happiness with the games because they know they'll just get lost in the flow.

9. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 New Member

I agree that usually it's the complainers that are heard above all other opinions. In the end, people tend to drop a franchise that they had high expectations for. It seems everyone wants things to go THEIR way.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease though, I guess.

10. Fozz

Fozz Member

Complacency on the part of the developers. I also believe that the futuristic play became too much like a sci fi shooter.

11. Nasim J

Nasim J New Member

The game got stale in my opinion, and a majority of the fan base got older and more into other games. I transitioned from console to pc and started playing completely different genres as I got older. The series got its 5 years of fame and now it's waning

12. Spectre456 codf

Even though a lot of people criticize the franchise it's still as popular as ever. It's not as well received as before, but people still go crazy for the games.