Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

what about abrahams cut?

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by tombradyfan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. tombradyfan

tombradyfan Member

sashas knife had walker blood on it and right after she came close to stabbing michonne she slashed a walker and also cut abraham. very small cut, hard to notice, but its not sitting well with me at all. I hope we dont lose big red because of that careless bs

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that too, but nobody seemed very concerned about it, not even Abe but I'm sure that's one reason he was a bit put out with her.

#2 purriwinkle, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Maybe that's why Abraham starts drinking the booze. In the next scene there is no bandage on the wound and it looks partially healed, strange. Abe tells Sascha that she is among friends, showing that he is not mad at her, but she tells him that they aren't friends.

#3 RoboLives, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  4. Sildee

Sildee Member

I really don't know why everyone seems to think walker blood = saliva. (Or whatever kind of pathogen is sitting on those teeth) Not every virus is ebola...

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I'd be a little put out by someone who cuts me with a knife too.

We've seen our survivors drenched in walker blood and I'm sure they have all had cuts where the blood would intermingle. I think it's time to accept that, for whatever reason, walker bites transfer some kind of bacteria that results in sickness/death but intermingled blood doesn't have the same effect.

6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Walker bite=infection infection=death death=reanimation

7. CoyoteTWD

I am fully aware of that.

8. Sildee

Sildee Member

What is there to accept? It's not rare for this to be the case with other viruses.

9. CoyoteTWD

Ok. Not sure why you have a problem with what I wrote. Clearly others are not accepting this premise, hence why I wrote what I wrote.

10. Sildee

Sildee Member

Didn't mean to be offensive

• Like Like x 1
  11. CoyoteTWD

Oh no, you weren't. I was just puzzled.

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i honestly didn't notice the cut that you say Abe got at all... and since they didn't really seem to highlight it or show the viewers anything was amiss with Abe, chances are it isn't what you thought it was. When Bob got bit, he got a lot of screen time and was acting funny and you could tell something was up. Abe is just drinking the booze because he's still upset there is little hope out there and they have fallen on tough times.

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

He got accidentally cut in the fight on the bridge by Sasha. It looked like a small slash but the look Abe gave her showed how pissed he was about being injured by friendly fire, no matter how superficial.

14. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I gotta admit that I saw that cut too. So far it hasn't caused any problems but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets infected or something. Of course with all that liquor he was drinking maybe he doesn't have anything to worry about. But brother, the look he gave Sasha. I'd hate to have that look given to me!

And I liked the term "friendly fire" very very accurate. Thanks.

15. Sixfootbrunette

I noticed it too and thought the very same. Doubt he'll be infected though, Abe is a strong character just now.

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I thought I saw it along with others I was watching with but then nothing much was made of it in show so we were wondering what the heck was that ?

17. CoyoteTWD

The whole Abraham cut was probably meant to highlight how reckless Sasha was being and her lack of giving any ****s at that moment in time. I'm betting there will be an Abraham/Sasha scene next week. I doubt she apologizes but I think she'll make amends.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This has ramifications for the future. For those who have read the comics, you know the ramifications. I think this scene was a bad idea. Walkers are corpses. They are decaying, rotted corpses. The cellular barriers that would normally separate saliva from blood would no longer exist in a corpse. If a 'walker virus' is in their saliva, then its all over their bodies. A knife with walker guts on it would be very bad news if it penetrated your skin. If I had been Abe, and Sasha went on an irresponsible rampage and cut me with a contaminated knife, I would have shut her down with a punch to the face so hard she would have woke up in a Quentin Tarantino movie.

19. o1pickleboy

o1pickleboy Member

Not to mention the number of times Abes hand was split open and then fought Walkers seem like Walker blood could/should have gotten in his open wound.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Contamination 'could' have happened there, but we never saw direct evidence for it. This is the first time we actually saw a contaminated knife enter a survivor's flesh. Which makes it somewhat of a game changer.