Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What about the bodies on the highway?

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - What Lies Ahead' started by Loc, Oct 17, 2011.

1. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

On the whole it leaves it to our imagination, nothing wrong w/that. You have to admit though, the prone corpses really added to the scene:)

2. JMeyer

JMeyer New Member

In us?

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Merged your thread with this discussion.

As for Lori's anger in 213 - I'm of the opinion that she's not angry with Rick for killing Shane. It comes as a shock to her, but she accepts it. She becomes angry when she finds out that Carl was present for it all. There's a distinct change in her emotions once Carl is mentioned.

You can find discussions on that as well in the "Beside the Dying Fire" forum.

Welcome to the forums, btw!

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Beware the Beside the Dying Fire forum. Lots of people in there full of hate. Go at your own risk.:zombies_lol:

5. JMeyer

JMeyer New Member

That just proves Lori's idiocracy. Carl will spend his life in a world that demands him to shoot Walkers in the face to stay alive. Carl is not growing up in the world as we know it. Remember when Rick and Glen went to find the Doc because he was upset about his wife and he ended up in the bar? Lori waited about two minutes after they left to ask Daryl to go get them. She is retarded. She has no authority, and for all we know, no knowledge that would add value to her thoughts or opinions. Rick is going to have to raise Carl to be a killer, at very least for self-preservation.

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

A lot of people agree with you. Some to the point that it's kinda scary how much they care.

You can find discussions on her in the characters section(http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f37/) and various episode threads.

7. girlcat7

girlcat7 New Member

I have been wondering that myself lately..

8. atarifanboy

atarifanboy New Member

well I see what you are saying, now that season 3 is almost done we now know that everybody turns. so the dead people in the car would have turned here is my theory,
    The people died from heat because if you get hot enough in a car your brain will fry so their brains fried

9. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

That makes a lot of sense - a horrifying sort of sense. All these people, fleeing for their lives, stuck in their cars with their loved ones. They're surrounded by zombies, pounding at their windows. They see other people dragged out of their cars and frickin' eaten alive. The heat mounts, but they don't dare to crack a window. Eventually, a lot of them go loopy with the heat and do something that gets themselves killed.

Might many of them, in extremis, figured out how to kill themselves via brain injury? If you have a pencil and sufficient fortitude, it's doable.

But it doesn't explain why the corpse Carl found still had a full toolbag in his lap. Was he clinging to it as he died? You'd think he would have pitched it into the passenger seat, and the thing you'd see in his lap (and all of their laps) would be an empty water bottle.

10. gLorfindeL

gLorfindeL Active Member

is it possible that he is looking for someone uninfected? It makes sense to me.

11. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Car crash isn't an option anymore now we know everybody who dies turn into a walker

12. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah...true point. They would have turned. Starved maybe? But that seems impossible too in a way.

13. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Could the heat from them turning and being trapped in vehicles in 100+ weather fry their Walker brains and kill them off?

14. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Now that is something to think about...question is, cause I can't remember...were all the windows up?

15. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

Some of the windows were down, if I recall. I think I remember the windows being down on the vehicle Carl got those weapons out of.

#55 WarriorPrincess, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  16. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

if a hundred plus degree heat is enough to fry a walkers brains there are huge sections of not just the US but around the world where its walker free. LOL. my only thought on the matter is since its apparently a disease, maybe the bodies you see are people who were immune and died of heat stroke or starvation. of course if it is not some kind of diseases I have no clue other than they tossed in bodies to add to the scene with out thinking about every one is infected.

17. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

I think I remember Kirkman or someone else saying those people died of blunt force trauma to the head...

Is it possible that the writers just made a boo boo on this? That's my guess. There were lots of vehicles on the road, and a big portion of them were empty. The people in the ones that were vacant probably turned into walkers or made a run for it... But I doubt the ones that remained all died of the same thing. I saw one (I think it was the walker Carl got those weapons from) that did not appear to have any kind of head injury. It's hard coming up with an explanation for this.