Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What Bike Was Under That Sheet!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by OaklandBorn, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Not a Harley. The engine sitting on the shelf had the two pistons right next to each other, and the harley would be in a V shape. Something Japanese or european, IMVHO.

2. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

im thinking it will be a custom bike judging by all the parts around the garage

3. J K

J K Member

Pretty sure those are Yamaha R6 forks and front end, my guess would be the bike is a Honda CB750. Bars, light fender, etc cobbled together to give a cool tracker/bratstyle look.

4. Morgotha

When I was young I had a Honda twinstar, and that looked kind of what I'd expect the engine to look like if you took the head off it. Not a very manly bike for Daryl though, if true, lol. a CB750 was an inline 4 cylinder though, right? Definitely a different engine. And you KNOW there's something good under that sheet, or it wouldn't be under a sheet!!!

5. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I know it's not Merle's old bike that Daryl had. But I have to admit that I've been missing that bike for awhile now. I almost wished it was a shell of that bike. But I know that's not possible. ....Still miss that old bike though.

6. Morgotha

I didn't like the SS symbol on it though. You don't even see Hell's Angels do that any more. How 50 years too late hillbilly can you be?

7. J K

J K Member

That Twinstar was probably a real fun bike. Looked like there were a few twins on that table. The engine in that pic is too wide for a twin though, I'm really interested in what is under that cover now!

Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda all had 4 cylinder 750's. There's tons of them out there to chop up and build, I think the Honda's where the most common though. Could be anything, hard to tell from that one pic but my guess is a mid late 80' - mid 90's Japanese bike.

Hopefully we see it next week!

8. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

9. gavuk

gavuk Member

Didn't Aaron say he'd been collecting parts when out on runs/scouting missions. There appeared to be parts from various bikes all over the garage plus the carcass of possibly the bike seen in some pictures on this thread.

However i can't get my head around why the hell Aaron didn't just go to the nearest "odd road" type motorbike dealer and stick a new one in his van/pick up,etc.... I can't beleive there would be that many ZA survivors who would feel confident enough to ride in walker infested territory

10. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I thought CB750 engine when I first saw it. Daft choice of bike though for quiet cross country riding (apart from the obvious 'cool' factor).

Nothing like his original chopped Triumph Bonneville. The bits on the table looked like they were from parallel twins such a Bonny.

11. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

12. Rocky

Rocky Member

[​IMG]

With the recent speculation about Daryl's sexuality and the new found bromance I have a feeling Daryl's new bike may look something like this.

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I thought it was established a couple episodes back how under utilized bicycles and shopping carts are in the ZA.
    Aaron knows...
    [​IMG]

14. Morgotha

That's my problem with the show in general. They are in AMERICA, and unless they happen upon a brand-new Hyundai, ever vehicle they get is from the 1980's or before! Seriously, none of them think about getting new cars/trucks/motorcycles instead of the jalopies they always get?

15. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I never thought too much about that but your kinda right.

I could imagine that they have spent all their time in rural area where there hasn't been a car lot? They have been avoiding the more densely populated areas.

But then a newer car would have much better gas mileage and perhaps not break down as much. Once you get that pesky 500 mile service out of the way

But if it did break down it would be harder to fix. and if you got into an accident with walkers the car wouldn't plow through them as well. Airbags popin' off the car starts going ding ding ding ding and Onstar all asking if your OK, "No lady, I'm in a ZA can you send some help?".

Then again I would go to a bike shop before I built my own from parts I found in a hundred different places most likely even passing up bikes along the way

16. Morgotha

I never thought about the airbags! Those could present problems (or they could save your life). On the fixing of them though, I still remember being much younger and standing there at night in the cold holding a flashlight while my husband fixed one thing or another on the cars so we could get to work in the morning. Now, I've got a Chevy with 150,000 miles on it that's only had the headlights replaced, and some lighted switches inside. Before that we had a Trailblazer that did have a bad gas tank initially, but then went for ~130,000 miles before having a head gasket go out, and these are cars that get put through the wringer!

I guess my point is I would *much* rather trust in the new cars' reliability over the old ones. I never have to use "tricks" to get our new cars started in the morning, you just turn the key and go.

On the motorcycle, I was thinking the same. If you use parts from who knows where, are you really going to look at them closely enough to make sure all the little oil-holes and things line up? I'm assuming he'd notice if a bolt didn't go in, lol, but on smaller things... I just would rather trust something that was new than something that was cobbled together in my garage, especially something my life depended on.

17. TheTunnelRunner

Why does everyone in the Zombie Apocalypse keep forgetting that obnoxiously loud sounds (like motorcycles) can attract walkers and other people?

18. magnus101

magnus101 Member

If Daryl wants to have the baddest ride around, there are only 2 choices

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;caCLrn2yDkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caCLrn2yDkY[/video]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: zuzzolek.tumblr.com

[​IMG]

#39 Johnnie Walker, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015