Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What City?

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by mistertrouble189, Oct 31, 2016.

1. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Just curious, what city are they (the Kingdom) located near? Would it be downtown Alexandria? Maybe someone recognizes the buildings/cityscape??

2. Sasha Dixon

Sasha Dixon New Member

I assumed they were close to D.C. but downtown Alexandria would make more sense.

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

In the comics the Kingdom is based in Washington DC, which is really close to Alexandria. Alexandria to DC is less then a 10 mile trip.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think its D.C. The buildings looked bigger and taller than Alexandria. And I think we'll discover its a bit too far away from the ASZ to be downtown Alexandria.

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Just curious ... Do they grow pomegranates around that region?

6. Neuropyramidal

I don't think so, no. Not widely anyway. I think in the U.S. they are grown out west. But they could grow in that region if you took care of them well I suppose.

Interesting, pomegranates are a fall and winter fruit in the U.S, I think their season starts in like August or later, up through mid-winter. They filmed that episode in early summer though, so the trees don't match pomegranate weather.

7. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Yah I think near DC.

We have two pomegranate trees (Greek tradition, we like to have our own to toss on new years). We harvest usually around september to October depending on the season. We live far south.

8. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

But the time line would put them later in the year. Some of them are jackets.

10. Neuropyramidal

The timeline would put them in perhaps July or so. They are a tad under 2 years in still, and the best evidence points to the outbreak being in August, 2010. Best guess for their current time frame is July 2012. But this would have been filmed in mid may, so I'm guessing it was a somewhat cold May, so they had the actors dressed a bit heavier at times.

11. Orbital2

Orbital2 Member

D.C. doesn't actually have buildings as tall as portrayed in the episode though, they are limited by the "height of buildings act". Rosslyn would make sense.

12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Is that so the grandeur of important buildings and monuments won't suffer?

13. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Reading this thread made me feel like a complete dumbass. I somehow forgot that ASZ is near Washington DC (how could I forget that when it was the whole premise of 4B I have no clue) and in my head canon they've been in Georgia this whole time. My world has been rocked.

14. Chiron

Chiron Member

One of my favorite fruits esp. as I did not even know what they were until I visited India circa 2000- sad but true. The insides look like little rubies.
    What may I ask is this new year tradition? I have not heard of any with pomegranates.

15. Expat-N-America

I love them too! On New Years Eve,its tradition to walk over the threshold into your home all together as a family, and smash a pomegranate. Its usually my job :)

16. Chiron

Chiron Member

Wow that's the first I have heard of that and I have Greek friends. Gonna find out about this. I know about the cake with the penny inside ( now you're gonna say what cake? What penny?). I love traditions and grew up with random superstitions which are so much fun. Not very easy to smoosh a pomegranate though.

17. Expat-N-America

Yep, my mother in law always bakes the cake with the coin inside! She tries to kind of keep track of the coin, so when she cuts it a child gets the piece. She cant always figure out where the coin is in the cake, but she tries! Shes nice like that. For the pomegranate, we put it in a ziploc baggie so it doesnt make a mess when I throw it on the floor.