Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What comics other that TWD do you read?

Discussion in 'Comic Books' started by Mark Jardine, Apr 25, 2013.

1. 4nomads

4nomads Member

My name is Robin. I have an aversion to all things Batman so I don't even know anything about Harley Quinn. I guess I should stop letting my childhood trama of always being asked where Batman is bother me so much :)

2. art3miz

art3miz Well-Known Member

I think people we're jealous of your name, robin is a cool name. :) My middle name is billie-jean after the Michael Jackson song so I understand you pain! ;) In my opinion Batman is awesome!

3. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

I'll follow writers usually, rather than staying with a specific title. Anything by Bendis is generally awesome.

4. Zombie Shiva

Zombie Shiva New Member

Currently I follow TWD, Batman, Superman Unchained, Kick-Ass and Superior Spider-Man. Other ongoing series I want to check out are Nightwing, Saga, Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool.

5. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

Little Nemo in Slumberland atm.

6. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I rad Donald Duck lol.. No I only read The Walking Dead

7. kylehyde

kylehyde Member

Ive read Watchmen and currently reading TWD, I used to read shonen mangas but I think ive outgrown the medium.
    Thinking of getting into Deadpool and Avengers. Any idea on which volume should I start?

8. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

Here's my dropbox. Lots of good stuff in here. Just download a comic reader program or app and get busy.

https://db.tt/eSMVnZ5X

9. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta New Member

Other than TWD I read or have read...
    Chew
    Classwar
    ZMD
    Peter Panzerfaust
    The Manhattan Projects
    Cyberforce
    G.I. Joe
    Wanted
    And the list goes on and on...:Grin:

10. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

I was a tomboy growing up lol I grew up on the X-Men, Spidey, WonderWoman, She-Ra

11. LA snapper

LA snapper Member

x-men and Avengers stuff like that.

12. abundant meat

abundant meat New Member

Zombie Tramp is awesome by Dan Mendoza! I love that short story 'Revenge' Image comics did. I see a couple awesome ones on kickstarter right now like 'Lesbian Zombies from outer space' and 'The Reaper'. I like 'Unpopular Tales' on Indiegogo too. I hope those ones get enough pledges because they look sweet!

I'm with Oak on Crossed. I'm currently reading Crossed Badlands. That is dark and graphic...right up my alley!

13. AliceInAlderaan

X-Men & some Dark Horse Star Wars stuff before Disney...

14. Jato

Jato Member

I'll bite; I just started reading comics but right now I'm working through Marvel's Secret Invasion (Just finished Civil War), the current Hawkeye run and of course my favourite comic book character of all time, Daredevil. Thinking of checking out some Punisher stuff, I flicked through some PunisherMax and it was pretty good.
    No plans on reading DC stuff yet. Not quite sure where to start.

I'll be picking up TWD soon.

15. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Revival is my favorite at the moment, its a great horror noir story, and its a finite title, which means it'll end while things are still fresh and exciting, most likely. And like TWD, it really is better to collect the trades because otherwise waiting 30 days for the next part can be rather painful. The other comic I'm enjoying, at least at the moment, is IDW's TMNT. I like what they did with their history, and I like the total bad ass Shredder they created. The original Mirage series never gave Shredder much depth and killed him off early, and the cartoon and Archie series made him look like a bumbling fool. IDW makes him as dangerous as lets say Voldermort, and they don't seem like they'll be killing him off anytime soon. I also like how they did something really tragic to Donatello and managed to pull off how sick it was what happened to him without showing anything.

In short, IDW is doing a great job with the franchise, and I really thought they'd fail.

Down side.. IDW charges 3.99 for their comics.. ouch. I want the 60 cent days back... and I want them to start using Sea Monkey ads again. dammit.

16. Shadow

Shadow Member

I'm a really new comic reader and trying to get into some Marvel comics thanks to the MCU which I love. But Marvel isn't making it easy for me with that huge Secret Wars event, now I'm rather trying to get caught up with some new stuff that looks interesting so I'll be able to follow the event somewhat. My wishlist is huge at the moment and the comics I have/follow so far are (not a long list):

Age of Ultron
    Civil War
    Guardians of the Galaxy volume 1-3 (Cosmic Avengers / Angela / Guardians Disassembled)
    Guardians of the Galaxy / All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude
    Marvel's Age of Ultron Prelude

And I've ordered Hawkeye Volume 1 and Ms. Marvel Volume 1 yesterday, I heard those were really good.

17. Strife

Strife Member

Original Sin, and AXIS were lacklustre in my opinion. I'm not holding my breath for the Secret Wars reboot, though based on your list I think I have a few crossover events you may be into. Albeit they're not of the recently rebooted universe, they're quality comics, and storyboards for much of the MCU's productions.

Avengers Disassembled -> House of M -> Civil War ->*-> X-Men Messiah Complex -> Secret Invasion -> Dark Reign -> Siege
    *If you're a Hulk fan shortly after Civil War they shoot him into space, eventually leading to the World War Hulk series.

You should also consider looking into Earth X, Universe X, and Paradise X. It's an alternate Marvel universe in a dystopian future.

There's some pretty legendary Batman runs too man. A Death in the Family, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush, Under the Red Hood, The Black Glove, Batman R.I.P, just saying ;)

18. Shadow

Shadow Member

I liked the Age of Ultron comic a lot. There was time travel and a dystopian future in one story, so that's mostly an immediate plus for me. So definitely going to look into these Earth/Universe/Paradise X stories.

I liked Civil War less, maybe that's because I'm not yet as invested in the comic characters. But it felt all rather rushed, maybe I should read some of the tie-ins. But maybe it's a nice idea, as you recommended, to read these events in the right order to get the full story. Then I can see later which characters I liked and what tie-ins to these events I want to read. I'm starting to get interested in the Inhumans, Scarlet Witch and the whole cosmic lore so a lot of these stories should interest me. That's one of the reasons along with the movie I started with the Guardians of the Galaxy comics, though the 3d volume was very bland and irritating how much the art style changed in just one issue. Oh, and Venom and Captain Marvel were badly incorporated, like they were just throwing in some random superheroes, no real purpose. I hope the next volume is better (which is an Original Sin tie-in, but not planning to buy the main story).

19. Strife

Strife Member

I haven't read much of the rebooted universe, I've heard the first two volumes of GotG and some Miles Morales are the only good things so far. Infinity was passable.... I guess. If you're into Scarlet Witch then House of M and Xmen Messiah will be enjoyable reads, but as you said it'll be more cohesive to read the events in order.

Also you're intrigue in dystopian future combined with the Inhumans tells me the Earth X trilogy will be right up your alley. It begins establishing that all of Earth's superheroes have been rendered useless. Black Bolt releases terrigen mists into the atmosphere granting every citizen with a superpower. It gets crazy.

20. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

Getting back into comics. I picked up a lot of the new Marvel and DC. I decided I belong back in the Bronze age so mainly hit up local shops for old Marvel. Grew up an X fan and the Monster titles.