Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What did you think of Travis's death?

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Eye of the Beholder' started by and138, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

It's funny I was a huge skeptic when the show was in the making and still called "Cobalt" but I think I'm the only one who instantly fell in love with this show. I don't know if it fills my dead void when TWD isn't on... or if I'm just that easily amused. I didn't like the moral factor of Travis but I had a feeling he wasn't goo g to last. I like Madison's badassery. Nick as well as Alicia and Victor are very intriguing to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I've only seen the first episode of this season, so I haven't seen the death yet, but I really liked the first epi. Travis was actually alright, but I'm still glad he's gone. And I like that they were ballsy enough to do it in the premiere. It's not like with Glenn where we knew it was going to happen for 6 months and we were like
    [​IMG]
    Travis was sudden and unexpected, even more so because he was one of the leads. This is probably the first time I've genuinely praised TWD for doing something in forever lol.

It is hard to connect with a lot of the characters on this show. Especially the adults. Nick and Alicia are easily my favourites, though. Daniel was great, Ofelia's growing on me and Luciana could be good, too.

I think the biggest issue with FTWD is, as I mentioned in my last post, it feels like a bunch of new characters are constantly being introduced and then forgotten about. Season 1 started out okay, focusing on Madison, Travis and Daniel's families, but then the army came into the picture but they were gone 2 episodes later, along with everyone from that storyline. Then Strand's place gave us a bunch of new characters who I've long forgotten about, then all that stuff in Mexico. I honestly don't remember anyone aside from Luciana. And now we have this new place.

I wish they'd just chill with throwing things at us and give us a real chance to get to know the characters we have right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am still mad they went NOWHERE with Toby. Toby? Was that his name? Or was it Tobin. No that's TWD. Anyway the kid that supposedly knew a lot about things at the beginning. Madison's student even though she was a counselor/. Why introduce someone with great promise and not even let us know what HAPPENED to him? :mad:

BTW both 1 and 2 were actually really great. Together, I thought this was a great premiere.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Tobias? I liked him, but he was one of those characters that they just introduced and then wrote out. It's so annoying. I've never seen a show introduce like 50 characters in one episode and then get rid of them 2 episodes later until this show

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Kind of like Morales. He had potential.

6. PepperAnn

:Yeah exactly :mad:

7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Tobias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. yuke

yuke Member

You kind of new Travis would die. It's a horror show convention that the Maori person is the first one to go.

What I couldn't understand is how being shot in the neck would cause Travis' intestines to pop out.

9. PepperAnn

Pressure.

Kidding.

He was shot twice. Either that or he was bitten and hadn't revealed that to anyone until that moment.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

According to Dave Erickson (on The Talking Dead) Travis was shot twice

And while I am not happy that Travis is no longer with us I did like the randomness of his death. I liked that his death did not have a rhyme or reason to it - that it just happened. That it was not necessarily meant for him but rather that he was just the unfortunate passenger in the helicopter that was being targeted. Not every death has meaning. At times death is just random. Much like the death of Travis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PepperAnn

[​IMG]

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Biffster

Meerkats!

14. PepperAnn

[​IMG]

15. Biffster

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I'm still processing the two episodes. Overall I think the show is getting better with each season. I despised the first season, rather liked the second overall but still some reservations, and the third has started out strong.

Travis' death being so random does bother me. Sure in situations like this random death reaches out all the time and if it had been a secondary character I would have been fine with it. But to take a first tier character and ditch him this way seems heartless.

That plus there was no indication if he was really dead or not. Had to watch Talking Dead to get the confirmation. That's just poor writing. Of course he is a walker now so we will eventually see Maddie bump into him - you know it has to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Biffster

I dunno—there's a lot of trees out there.

18. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Ain't the thread title a little bit spoilerish ?
    It's like making a sixth sense title with " I didn't know Bruce was a ghost " or Star Wars " I didn't know darth was Luke's father ".

19. Biffster

BRUCE WAS A GHOST?? WTAF??

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Yes.
    And Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman !

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight

• Funny Funny x 1