Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by TheGreatOnion, Mar 29, 2014.

?

How do you rate this episode?

1. 10

84 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. 9

61 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. 8

38 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. 7

15 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. 6

11 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. 5

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. 3

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Elvis_Mazur

Elvis_Mazur Member

I give it an 8. The cliffhanger ending left the episode with a bad taste on me.

2. koolkittie

koolkittie New Member

I gave it an 8/10. There were soooo many good parts...Rick going all walker on Joe, the "reunited and it feels so good" rekindling of the bromance between Daryl and Rick, and the final "They are screwing with the wrong people" up yours from Rick. The team is bent but not broken and I believe they will unleash hell and destroy the Termites.

HOWEVER...they had too many flashbacks that made the episode feel disjointed. I LOVED Hershel and seeing him again in the opening would have been satisfying enough...even lengthening the opening to include a little more of what they showed in the other flashback scenes, but it really disrupted the flow of the episode for me to have so many flashbacks. I totally get what they were going for, I just think they could have edited better and made it flow a little more. I also found the machine gun running man portion a little tedious. I think they could have sped that part up and given us a better, more hopeful cliffhanger by giving us at least a SHOT of Tyreese and Carol seeing the whole thing through the fence or walking up the tracks or SOMETHING. It just left me a little unsatisfied...like Chinese food, I was hungry an hour later.

3. koolkittie

koolkittie New Member

I'm thinking Tara might be our first meat pie or maybe Eugene, but I think Babe-raham would jump in front of Eugene to save him because of "the mission." The Termites might agree that Abe is a meatier package and take him first...

4. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

As much as I hate cliffhangers, I had to give it a 10. It was really well done. Even the flashbacks, which I don't always like, really sold the change in Rick by contrasting what he tried to be at the prison. It made what he has now become even more bad ass. I also thought the Terminus scenario played out well. Only nitpick...would it have killed them to show 30 seconds of Ty, Carol and Judith? I had already resolved myself to the fact that the Beth kidnapping is going to be a slow burn and at least Daryl mentioned her as 'not dead' , 'just gone'. But Ty Carol and Judith? At least show them approaching Terminus.

5. Dead_Clone

Dead_Clone New Member

6. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

I gave it a 6. Could have had more at Terminus before all hell broke loose. Seemed like the Joe's gang fight scene and the run around at the end kept the episode from completely flopping.

7. Figure beauty

Figure beauty New Member

I though it was incredibly boorish, particularly for a season finale. Loose ends all over the place....continuity issues.......they too. Away their weapons, gave them back and hem away again? Rick take a guy hostage then gives him back? The candle room nonsense? My issue is not at all with the acting, which was flawless IMHO.

The writing is what sucks at this point. If you watch Sclut Gimple interviews, he definitely rides the short bus. It becomes apparent why chit makes no sense when he opens his mouth. Why on Gods green earth they don't have anyone doing fact/continuity checks is beyond comprehension.

No no matter what we like or don't at this point, bottom line for me is this didn't work at all for me as a finale or even a mid season. They blew the last half of this season COMPLETELY. IMHO

#87 Figure beauty, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  8. Figure beauty

Figure beauty New Member

Low to extremely piss poor due to writing. The actors continue to be stellar but the writers,seem to be breast feeding still at 40. Writing is childish and growing worse.

9. Jiteryjackanape

Jiteryjackanape New Member

It was a great episode i really wish that Carol and Tyreese was in the episode, or that we would have seen Beth in the car or something

10. Dead_Clone

Dead_Clone New Member

they definitely messed up the 2nd half. I think whoever is writing the TV show is getting too complacent and loosing some imagination. If they keep treating this show like some cash cow and not get better, they will loose their core fans - comic book geeks who knows the potential of this of show.

maybe they need to go back to 7 episodes and give us quality stories.

11. ILove_TheGov

ILove_TheGov Member

Ten out of ten, for sure. I am so stoked they ripped that scene straight from the comic book. I had been secretly hoping they'd do it. I cannot wait for October...

12. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

I gave it a 9/10.

It was exciting, and the scene where Daryl's temporary group met Rick's was phenomenal, especially what Rick was willing to do, and the Daryl-Rick brother moment. However, I didn't feel like the prison flash backs had any place in the episode. I thought they were leading to something, but they only gave a further back story from the prison. It was good to see Hershel again, and to see how Rick started farming, but was the finale really the time to show that? (I guess Hershel got a spot in the finale this way, which is awesome!) I think a bit more time going to the Terminus event would have better suited the time filled by the prison scenes.

As for the Terminus part, I thought it was pretty cool how they showed the bullet holes in the walls where they obviously had led previous people on that same pathway by shooting at -and purposely missing- them.

Overall, an excellent episode.

13. Ginger

Ginger New Member

I gave it a 7. I have quite a few complaints.

First of all, we really don't get any more info than we already had after the last episode - Terminus is definitely not a safe place to be, Joe and the Claimers are bad news, Rick is a changed man. We knew all that already from the previous episodes, the previews and the hype created by Kirkman himself - he basically spoiled it for us. We just saw it play out, but we already knew how it's gonna end. Now we're missing an additional 45 minutes to tie some loose ends and even then there'd still be room for plenty of cliffhangers for S5. It's the same 45 minutes that were wasted on a pointless episode about Beth and Daryl - one would've been enough, instead we got two, which I suppose was fan service, since Reedus and Kinney are now the main moneymakers.

It just feels like the first part of the season finished the arc from S3, and then we got 8 episodes of introduction to S5. Terrible pacing and uneconomical storytelling that leaves the fans with a serious case of blue balls.

I will definitely watch it again once or twice, as I do every episode, and see what I think of it then. But I am genuinely not pleased with the second half of the season altogether.

14. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

7.5 maybe an 8.

I enjoyed the episode, but it wasn't what i was expecting / wanting ...

All of the flash backs were very affective at explaining how hard it was for Rick to go from warrior to farmer, and how it was hard for him to bring Carl along for the journey.. but i wasn't in the mood for more character development / back story at this time

It was a big time cliff hanger ending... Which I'm not a big fan of

good acting. I felt this episode really needed to be 90 minutes. the Joe's group part felt a little bit rushed, not that i needed more near rape scene , but more setup prior to their encounter. I was also expecting Daryl to say "claimed" when he saw rick, michone and carl. i mean really, all that claim talk and then daryl doesn't even try it ?

I know daryl isn't the talk it out type ... but it seemed like he would have tried explaining a little bit more that he was with rick for years and rick has saved his life, and killing isn't even one of Joe's rules. just stealing and lying. rick didn't lie or steal so ....

Terminal part felt a little rushed, and it seemed smart to burry all the guns, and then dumb when they just got captured anyways.

plus if people are shooting at you from roof tops. why go outside? they could have stayed in that last building and tried taking more hostages / picking people off.

or forcing his first hostage into the room with the people no the radio , and take them hostage as well.

but .. meh .. i still liked it... but wanted more ...

all finales should be 90 minutes.

15. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

16. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Season 4 was definately this. It wasn't an isolated season by itself. It was the end of the prison/Woodburry/Governor arc from season 3 and the beginning to Terminus/hunters/heading to DC arc. I see it as a transition rather than a stand-alone season honestly...

17. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

I never listen to Kirkman and hate it when he's a guest on TTD.
    He sits on the couch and talks but never really says anything, and if he does, he seems to be just throwing out random thoughts to throw the audience off.
    I don't believe a thing Kirkman says, actually I think all the cast and crew of TWD are under contract to never say anything about any future upcoming episodes or plots.

#97 The Wolf, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  18. The Wolf

I was glad to see Joe and his perverted thugs DIE, I loved it!
    And I really liked seeing Hershel again too.
    And [MENTION=26682]Sharpie61[/MENTION] I like your avatar of Clara, I wish she would have become a regular on TWD show.

19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Funny you should say that. I just finished reading an interview with him and Gimble. And Kirkman did just that. "It could happen, or not". LOL

20. The Wolf

Having Kirkman or Gimple as guest on TTD is nothing but a complete waste of time.
    I watch TTD when they have interesting guests on who are real fans of the show, or some of my favorite characters of TWD, that's the only time I bother watching TTD.