Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by Carl Grimes, Sep 20, 2014.

?

Episode Rating?

1. 10

109 vote(s)
    60.2%
  2. 9

47 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bernie

Bernie New Member

I gave it a 9, but I very much agree with the above. I REALLY loved how Carol came in and rained mayhem down on Terminus, however, we've built up so much anticipation for their arrival here that I thought we deserved at least a couple of episodes to resolve the situation. I would even have liked to see an entire episode dedicated to the Terminus backstory, to show us exactly how Terminus started out and how it ended up a cannibalistic death trap. Those few flashback moments suggested that that could have been a very powerful episode.

2. Isa_Dixon

Isa_Dixon New Member

ten for me, really good episode ;)

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

I see that the episode has gotten a lot of 10 rankings. Thats a bit much in my opinion. While the episode was interesting and action packed it wasn't perfect. It's pretty hard for a show to get a 10 rankings for me. Has to be something extraordinary. You can't just be handing out 10 rankings to every episode that you like. I really like the direction the show is headed though, and there's a lot of possibilities for the future. I think a rating of 8 is more accurate for this one.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

This episode was amazing!! I gave it 9/10

5. swscully

swscully Member

It needed some of the slop form season 4 to be really great.
    Thank you for justifying some wasted time, cause some of the E3/E4 wasn't any good.

Best episode since the first one, in my opinion.

2 thumbs up.

6. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I'll give it an 8. It would have been 9 but for the improbability of SuperCarol hitting the leaking gas tank with the firework she just happen to have taken with her.

7. swscully

swscully Member

I can give that a like, I still think it was an epic episode. But your right, punching a hole in the round side of one of those tanks was kinda haokie, I can see the flat, but the round ends are thicker and harder to penetrate.

The firework didnt have to be aimed all that well, since the gas would have immediately expanded.

8. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I gave it 9. For 10, I think the 2nd time Glenn luckily avoided death by a second, he should have copped it:Chainsaw:That would have been a real OMG moment to start the season with. Or, at least, Bob to have his eye poked out. But, overall a great episode and I'm looking forward to next week!

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey [MENTION=8445]Carl Grimes[/MENTION] , Can I put you in charge of creating this thread for every episode?

The new 502 section is up now if you want to do it.

Just tag me when it's ready & i'll sticky the thread.

[​IMG]

10. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

Alright.

11. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I loved the episode. I wouldn't change a thing. It's a well worth the wait episode. It would of pissed me off it they all split up again and had their own little adventures like last season.

12. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

I gave a 10. Awesome episode.

13. TheJamal

TheJamal New Member

I thought this episode was easily one of the better season premiere's and one of the best episodes overall we've gotten to see out of the last 10-12 episodes. The character development of the 2nd half of last season got kind of dull for me, but this episode had all the excitement and suspense that makes Walking Dead a great show to me.

Very curious to see how the large group functions on the road now. It's been awhile since we've seen everyone together and not at the prison or the farm.

14. Taras Assistant

Taras Assistant Well-Known Member

Easily a 10 for me, definatly worth the wait. Ifthe following episodes contiue like this then we will be in for a great season !

15. Strykstar

Strykstar New Member

Definitely a 10 for me!
    It's either my favorite episode ever or at least in my top 3 without a doubt.

16. Jinx

Jinx Member

Ahhh finally back on the forums after a long time. :3

Definitely a 10 from me! One of the best premiers ever.
    I was on the edge of my seat all the time. I was happy that cannibals got what they deserved. Even tho it was kind of sad to see what happened to them. Still... Sickening to kill and eat other people.

And that Carol... Bad freaking ass! <3 And a beautiful reunion. :)

17. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

I've just finished episode 2. So far, it's been great.

I gave this episode a 9 cuz i've never given any show a 10. Carol is awesome.

[​IMG]

She looks hot this season. zzzomg I Never thought i'd say that, lol.

The first several minutes may have been for shock effect.. but it is interesting to see humans reduced to cattle. See how indifferent we are to our food.

I'm wondering how things will be with Carol and Rick now since she basically saved them and is responsible for bringing back Judith. I seriously doubt Tyreese actually killed the douche bag who threatened to kill Judith. He would have probably fed her to a walker.

btw, i agree with Rick's plan to kill the surviving members of Terminus. I totally get why they ended up the way they did, but they needed to die.

18. WolfPaws

WolfPaws New Member

Gave it a 10. Never had an episode made me shake and shudder so hard from beginning to end.

19. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Just trying to do a rewatch of S5A before 5B starts... Finding it hard to maintain my cool for No Sanctuary. Just so much wrong with it in my opinion.

So annoyed at how stupid it makes everyone seem.

First the people at the trough. Including Ricks crew. No moving around to try and break free, just lulled screaming behind their gags. Glad Rick at least had his shank in his hand before the explosion, but still looked as though he was pretty much going to let Glenn get the chop. If it wasn't for those last minute interruption fake-outs, which are something horror movies usually do.

Carol telling creepy freaky Martin that she plans to use the Walkers to get to Terminus as a distraction... why would you tell your prisoner your plans? Why not gag his ass, too? Or at least tie his feet? or yknow kill him after he's talked about bleeding out the kid in the hat! Obviously not a good guy. ARGH!

But he tells her there's at least 6 of them out there in different directions, that are supposed to set off the fireworks at the same time to confuse the dead ones - that she will be spotted.... But we never see any sign of any others out in the woods, nor any of the fireworks going off, or anyone coming to the shack to wonder why Martin never responded to his Walky-Talky or set off his fireworks? lol...

Don't get me started on his nasty ass threatening to kill the baby and Tyreese barely doing anything. Or Carols impossible Rambo shot.

Oh Only other thing I really didn't like was the crew left in the boxcar barely doing anything. Michonne keeping calm, Maggie and Carl being all positivity and rainbows. Why wasn't someone trying to shimmy the door, or be lifted up toward the ceiling to try the roof hatch?

I noticed the guys in front of the dude that Rick gets the machine gun off, don't even flinch. Also that there was only the one awful dude left in the shipping container, when we heard multiple screams in the Finale.

These things just left me more dissatisfied overall.

But there were POSITIVES: Cool shots of Walkers. Lots of awesome Walkers, and cinematography. Love the shot of Carol in Guts walking through the shimmer of the heat of the flames!
    I love Ricks fierceness and determination. The same with Carol, love her fierceness and determination too. Love seeing her tackling Mary, and hearing Marys speech, although it still doesn't compute how torture and rape = cannibalism. But hey, they're psycho so I can overlook that.

Them reuniting at the end with Carol and Daryl and then Carol and Rick was so touching, and then once Rick and baby Judith were reuniting I just cried like a baby! lol MANY FEELS!! Love Carol and Michonne looking on, great depth by those two actresses.

I especially love the little moment where Rick puts his arm on Tyreeses and they just share a look of like immense gratitude and it's beautifully acted and posed.

So some great moments for me, but still a lot of let downs for me even in rewatching and knowing what the future eps hold.

20. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

In my personal opinion a lot of the episodes these days are heavily overrated. This and "Too Far Gone" are considered amazing episodes an i really don't see why. They're contrived excuses to end an entire buildup of a plotline as quickly as possible and that's no how things should be executed. Granted they also shouldn't be dragged out like Mazzara had them.

• Like Like x 1