Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Carl Grimes, Oct 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Episode rating?

1. 10

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  2. 9

31 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. 8

47 vote(s)
    42.3%
  4. 7

13 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. 4

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not expect to see Morgan anytime soon as evidenced by time lapse (substantial overgrowth/kudzu) between Rick writing on the Terminus sign and Morgan coming upon that sign. As to Duane (Morgan's son), it was revealed in S3 Episode Clear, during a conversation between Rick and Morgan, that Duane was killed at the hand (more precisely teeth) of his walker mom.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The 'explanation' you speak of was given throughout the episode by way of MMB subtle performance - her facial expressions, body language. What I saw/watched was that Carol is not feeling comfortable/at ease being back with everyone. She is closed off emotionally, guarded. IMO due to an inner turmoil about the actions she has taken. Thus illustrating that she is NOT a psychopath hell bent on killing, but rather a pragmatist. She sees a problem, a danger and she assesses rather quickly what the options are and makes a decision and follows through - with no agenda other than to safe guard her 'family'. The hint/clue that she was thinking of leaving the group was depicted during the scenes inside the church. She physically separated herself from the group (sitting removed from the others) and the shot of her turning her eyes to the doors of the church was (at least IMO) our 'clue' that she was going to leave.
    [MENTION=51542]CheesyBirdMess[/MENTION] already posted about how Daryl knew that the car shown in this episode had the same medical cross on the rear window as the car that took Beth in S4 Episode Alone.

I really liked this episode, giving it an 8. We saw a bit more of how focused Rick is and his bullshit meter is working on all levels

3. cakebythepound

Gave it an 8. There were some amazing scenes (for example, watching Bob watch himself get eaten was absolutely brutal) along with some clunky ones, like the Carol and Daryl stuff. I really enjoyed seeing Judith more (no clue why), and I thought Seth Gilliam did an awesome job as Father Gabriel. I'm far more interested in him here than I was in the comics.

Overall, solid episode.

4. Cracker

Cracker Member

I was going to vote 3 but then they mentioned Beth and my special place got all tingly. 10/10

5. BluBird

BluBird New Member

8.5/10. It was a good episode, but I pretty much puked at the end. :zombies_shocked:

6. mimsee

mimsee New Member

I gave the episode a 7 because it felt really slow-building for me up until the last ten minutes or so. Once everything picked up though I was very glad that I didn't just shut the tv off halfway through like I was tempted to.

7. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I'm giving it a 9. Once again, great directing and writing (when Kirkman does it, it can't be bad).

8. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed with the episode,so I gave it a 7.

9. Wert

Wert Member

Loved it, despite it being a little slower, it has a great story. The last 10 minutes were awesome too

10. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

9 . Even had a few more comedic moments whereas 5/01 only had Rick telling Gareth what he was a fixin' to do with the red machete.

5/02 slower but good dialogue and set up for future storylines. Spookier, too ...and that walker pool scene was sick !

11. tehwalkingdead

I give it a solid 8 as well.

I enjoyed the episode, I'd kind of like to know how Gareth and crew caught up with them so quickly, or if in fact is has been a quick catch up. Then again, I guess it is hard to gauge time at all in the apocalypse, so how would they convey that to us?

I didn't enjoy watching Bob getting eaten, he was just becoming a more involved character and then they eat his leg, but I think he was probably going to die one way or the other anyway.

Interesting to see where this goes next week.

12. TWDeadHead87

TWDeadHead87 Member

I give it an 8, was pretty good, got really good towards the end, interested to see what happens to Bob, I think he's pretty much dead, And it makes you wanna know more about Father Gabriel and what he has up his sleeves..I'm pumped for the next episode!

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree about Seth Gilliam's performance. A few reviews I read today did not offer him glowing reviews, but I thought he played the cowering, scared man great. And yes he is more interesting than the comic version at this point IMO.

14. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Not every episode can be No Sanctuary, so fully expected a much slower pace following the action packed and intense premiere. Loved seeing the group together again. Had been looking forward to that, and it didn't disappoint. There were so many great character interactions throughout. The new group dynamics were handled exceptionally well. With such a large cast now, thought they did a good job of showing everyone, and not letting someone completely disappear. Performances were stellar as usual. Andrew J. West has really impressed with limited scenes. Was going to go with a 9, but then that ending hit raising it to a 10 - why Bob!?!?!? :(.

15. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

A solid 8 from me too - watched it in the UK last night. Seth Gilliam's arrival was worth watching, but it was tainted by Bob getting the barbeque treatment (I had high hopes for his characters development in S5). It reminded me of the scene in Hannibal with Eddy Izzard.

16. AAA

AAA Member

17. Terryearnshaw

Terryearnshaw New Member

not every episode can be fast paced, just running around killing zombies, with no character/plot development or we would all soon be bored, this was a slower paced episode but still had enough to keep me hooked and the ending was great, 9 out of 10 for me, cant wait for next weeks!

18. Bozo

Bozo New Member

8/10 here. Not as crazy as S501, but it still had some surprises and make you annoying when it ended.

19. Orpheus

Orpheus Member

3/10 from me, cause it was boring and stupid most of the time.
    Ill post the rest in the complaints forum..

20. TempleJewel

TempleJewel New Member

I gave it an eight.

I hate it when they start splitting up. Lots of good info. given. I wasn't bored. Abe really poured his heart into that speech.