Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Carl Grimes, Oct 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Episode rating?

1. 10

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  2. 9

31 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. 8

47 vote(s)
    42.3%
  4. 7

13 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. 4

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Solid episode. I think Bob was bit, which would explain his crying.

2. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Gave it 5/10 but I think it should get a lower rating. This episode did not hit the spot for me, even with the sick scene of Gareth eating a BBQ-ed Bob's leg.

I did like Gabriel though. Dude has some real issues. Its obvious. He's a weirdo and a real scaredy cat, but intriguing nonetheless. Fav scenes were between him and Rick.

Rick and Carl had great scenes, but Judith was the scene stealer for me. Beyond adorable scene between her and Rick when she fed him food. My heart melted...lol

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Eh, 5/10.

Pretty 'meh' episode. Bob was the highlight, and he was great. Everything else was kind of bland though. Not because it was slow, but because it was just uninteresting. Father Gabriel was annoying, but I already have a bias against him because of his comic character (although I'm not impressed by the actor so far). Would have liked more of Daryl and Carol's actual interaction, it was kind of just glossed over, as was Maggie/Tara.

Highlights - Bob, more Michonne backstory, Bob, Bob barbecue, Bob.

4. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

5. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I gave it a 4 for the following reasons:

* The characters failing to clean up is totally inconsistent with human behavior. After an unknown # of days in a boxcar, where obviously there was zero hygiene, they put themselves waist and chest deep in super- foul-smelling/dead-infested-gross-beyond -belief walker water. Above them were clean clothes on hangers -- granted Salvation Army style. They must now smell so bad and be so filthy as to become diseased -- and yet, they don't figure out how to shower in a fire hydrant, clean themselves in a creek or -- at an absolute minimum -- get some clean clothes. They just sit their stinking to high heaven in clothing that, in the real world would be so lice infested, they would be constantly scratching themselves. This is NOT credible. In failing to deal with these details, the show has departed from the "realism" (if such a thing existed in a zombie show), it once had.

* Again, no lookouts, no effort to protect themselves from the possible evil cannibals who might be following them, given Rick's acquiesence in the griyo veto is his decision to kill all of the Termites

* Father Gabriel is such a creep that it doesn't even look like his story going forward will be interesting.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to buy into the show's episodes, given TWD's failure to deal with basic human needs & behaviors. This episode --however entertaining its basic plot -- once again failed to have its characters act in a manner that normal human beings would act (i.e. when they think they are safe -- as they obviously do clean themselves up; get some clean clothes, cut their hair to get rid of lice and vermin, etc.) Team Rick is almost too gross to continue to watch at this point. (So gross it is hard to believe that Gareth & his hunter friends would want to eat them).