Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Carl Grimes, Nov 9, 2014.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 8

35 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. 7

21 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. 6

17 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 5

11 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. 4

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. 3

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  9. 2

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

I hope it's better than last week.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good episode overall, but there appears to be a lot of mistakes. The 'sick inside, let them die' graffiti just popped out of nowhere. It was there when Eugene got done spraying, from the same roof eye view. And those tires seemed to pop out of nowhere too. I'll have to watch that part again.

But overall, I give the episode a 9.15. It was above average for a bottle episode.

3. It's me Horn

It's me Horn Member

5... really?

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave it a seven.

I would've rated it higher if we saw more of Eugene being laughed at by Abraham for being a Peeping Tom and next to useless, and if Eugene didn't break down and confess at the ending.

5. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

It gets an 8 from me.

6. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

this episode was a lot better than i expected. i give it an 8.

7. teeta6404`

teeta6404` Member

I went with 8. It was better than I expected, I don't usually enjoy the episodes where everyone is split and focus is on one group. This one wasnt too bad though.

8. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Gave it a 9. One of my faves thus far.

9. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'm giving it a 9, too.

10. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I gave it a high 8 ranking. Was pretty decent, had some good humor and action blend.

11. It's me Horn

It's me Horn Member

I gave it an 8 as well. Enjoyed Abraham's tragic back story, and the comic relief was welcomed. Good to see both Tara and Rosita getting more lines and being able to display their acting a bit more.

12. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I give it a 7. Some good backstory, some action, some character development and it was sort of plausible that Eugene would break down in the face of a mega herd as Abe gets more and more obsessive about getting to Washington or kill everyone trying. But I just hate not seeing Michonne and Rick for so long. I think they need one scene at least with the rest of the gang and I felt that about the Beth episode as well.

13. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

I gave it an 8. The tire rolling past with everyone watching it, and not looking to see where it came from wasn't realistic. If they saw the tire rolling, by now, they would have drawn their weapons to see if a human had rolled it, instead of looking at it like "Cool, a tire rolling from nowhere...let's stare."

I also saw no reason that Eugene would have confessed that he sabotaged the bus to Tara.

There were a few other things that were just "off". But a pretty good episode overall. I do wish they would have shown more of Abe's back story.

14. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I gave it a 6... I found it a bit disappointing... But I will watch it a second and dare I say third time to really give it a good chance... But as it stands it felt strange and not like TWD I'm used to... Maybe it's because of the lack of Rick, Michonne and others I really care about. Even Tara's scenes felt disjointed to me... and that comes from me the Tara lover!

An hour went by - but really what happened? A whole lot of nothing, really. Abe's back story wasn't very clear to those who don't read the comic. All we see is him beating a guy to death, his wife and kids being scared, running off and having been eaten by walkers. Rosita and his relationship wasn't developed in the past episodes - so we go from them having nearly no contact to suddenly having them hot and heavy in the space of 20 minutes. I mean yeesh!

It was all so awkward... I think I prefered Slabtown to this episode... That's saying something.

15. Fade

Fade Member

i would like this a million times if I could.
    i agree with every point.

16. It's me Horn

It's me Horn Member

I completely get what you're saying about nothing happening, but I think that's what made me appreciate this episode. I've felt like the previous episodes happened so quickly. Escaping terminus, killing the hunters. While I enjoyed those episodes, I don't think that level of intensity can be sustained while still holding on to some realism (ha).

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Abe and Rosita's opening convo was awkward but I liked the episode overall...I'll give it an 8. I miss the main group but I do like that they are giving Abe and the others some more dialogue and back story. I liked that they showed them boiling toilet water over a bonfire of book pages and wire hangers lol.

18. ZombieAssassin

ZombieAssassin New Member

Gave this episode a 7.

Abraham's family backstory, and how he met Eugene, answered a few burning questions for me.

The whole peeping tom scene was completely unnecessary and creeped me out. What the hell ???

Walker killing scene with the fire hose was okay, but not great. Something different I suppose...

19. Something2Fear

Well, it definitely was better than last week. Loved all the parts with Eugene, Tara, and especially Abe. The use of the flashbacks was a lot more effective than I expected. It was nice to see something we didn't see in the comics, and it was nice character development for both Abe and Eugene. Overall good episode, I gave it a 9/10.

20. batongal

batongal Active Member

I loved it. Give it a high 8. I think they should have been clearer on Abe's family backstory. I think the rapes are an important issue to know about--the reason he rages so badly. Otherwise can't put the murders in the supermarket in the right context.