Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Carl Grimes, Nov 9, 2014.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 8

35 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. 7

21 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. 6

17 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 5

11 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. 4

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. 3

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  9. 2

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

7 for me. it was pretty decent, but i guess im just not that into the whole story with Abe, Eugene, and Rosita - especially since I knew it was a wild goose chase.

2. Rezo

Rezo Member

I gave it a 6. Last week I was expecting a crappy episode and ended up loving it but this one ... Abraham and Eugene are so boring. BUT at least I'm starting to appreciate Rosita now !

3. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

i gave it an 8. Some nice humor moments and the secondary characters get fleshed out a bit. I wish Eugene was grilled a bit more before he finally admitted he lied. Even if you didn't read the comic, most people's BS radar was going off on Eugene.

How they handle Eugene's character going forward will be interesting. I doubt he'll go on the Carol route, but we'll see.

4. PapSett

PapSett Member

I gave it a 4. I wasn't impressed. I don't really like Abraham as a character, and this episode didn't do much to win me over. The sex scne was unnecessary, and Eugene watching was just plain creepy.

With each episode with the group split, I find myself caring less and less about ANY of them. I NEVER thought TWD would become 'meh' to me,but I am getting to that point. :-(

5. Strawberry

Strawberry Member

I gave it a 1 and flipped off the TV when it was over.

6. Cracker

Cracker Member

[​IMG]

7. AngelCastiel

AngelCastiel Member

This whole season seems to be building towards the MSF.

8. Thangs & Stuff

Thangs & Stuff Well-Known Member

I was between giving it a 7 and 8 but I chose 8.
    I was really excited to see more Abe and I was a bit disappointed after this episode, I cant really explain it.

I think its the weakest episode in this season so far, still love all the eisode.

9. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I don't do numerical ratings...but suffice to say I preferred Slabtown. I liked Tara's scenes. Maggie's best bit in ages was when she said "I'm not rubbing dirt on anything". I liked Eugene's scenes. Didn't like that scene with Glenn/Abe in the dark looking out the window, having some fragmented convo. Still unsure what it was about after 3 viewings. It also lasted about 2 minutes.

Liked how the music from Dale's funeral featured.

I am just too hyped to see the hospital story unfold/Rick and co get involved. I am a bit fed up of Gimple detouring and making us wait. Like we aint waited 6 months already. He did it S4 too, made us wait to see reactions about Carol/wait 2 episodes to see what would happen after 4x5 (when gov appeared), wait 4 or 5 eps to see a bit of Carol. Then split groups in general.

S5 started good...nice, fast, Beth was missing but she got an episode. But hes doing the time/waiting game again, taking us back in time..etc. When really we could have gone from 5x3, (5x4, bottle about Beth), right to 5x07 really. Yeah I love Carol, but 5.06 will be a big flashback...I am excited for it..but we know how it ends essentially cause of 4.03 and 4.04. I feel though Daryl/Carol do deserve this episode as a whole, a lot has happened since 4.04 - to present, so Daryl/Carol need a good indepth catch up.

10. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

I gave it a 4.I was disappointed with this episode,I found much of it to be silly and corny.I have never liked Abe's group and find them all really boring,Abe and Rosita's sex scene was nauseating and unnecessary!It also irritates me when Maggie's accent goes in and out and it was awful in this episode!I hope next week is better!

11. Chrissy Skitt

Chrissy Skitt Member

I gave a 9 because....

I gave it a 9, I thought it was good, Maggie misses Beth and the rest of the crew.
    I also think that when they did Abraham's flash backs that was good because we got to know more about him and also we got to know a bit more about how he met Eugene.

12. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

13. SurvivorXII

SurvivorXII Member

Solid eight. Good acting, storyline progression and cinematography. There wasn't anything wrong, but nothing truly spectacular to shoot it into the big leagues.

14. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

I gave it a two.

15. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I give it an 8. A little bit better than 504. I'm glad we've found out some crazy stuff about Abe and Eugene.

16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

8 for me. A touch disappointing because Abe seemed to lose the plot a bit too much. Am glad Eugene has been exposed as the fraud he seemed likely to be...a good ending and I liked finding out how Abe originally met Eugene. As others have said, his flashbacks were a bit rushed and unclear... assume his wife and kids ran off because they were traumatised from being attacked by the 4 men he polished off in the supermarket - but why were they so scared of him??? Still think this group should have stayed longer at the church...

17. silentstar24

silentstar24 Member

I gave it a six.

Negatives:

1) the flashbacks of why Abe was killing the guy was very poorly explained and it seems they left it up to viewer interpretation. For comic viewers, this scene was a piece of cake because it's supposed to be alluding to why happens to his family in the comics, but I don't read the comics, so I was super confused. I know Michael Cudlitz cleared things up on The Talking Dead, but not all TWD viewers watch the after show either.

2) the overrun farm area. I don't know about you guys, but I had a difficult time grasping wtf they were even looking at.

3) Unsure what was the point of the sex scene except to reveal Eugene likes watching and possibly getting off on voyeurism (self help). I suppose self help could be taken as a sexual act but also relating to Eugene's struggle throughout the episode to finally realize he needs to come clean about his lies. However, it made me cringe that Rosita was continuing to moan all throughout as Tara and Eugene spoke. Ugh.

Positives:

1) Eugene's unraveling that led to his confession in the end. I was pleasantly surprised at his revelation about purposely causing the bus to break down.

2) Tara becoming friends and finding common ground with Eugene. Liked their one on one talk, but it was partially ruined by Rosita's continuous sex noises.

3) Abraham's explosive reaction to Eugene's lie. I guessed he was going to react this way, but the truth now strips away everything Abraham was working towards since he had his hopes pinned on finding a cure, and that was the one thing that kept him going after losing his family.

18. Esse

Esse Member

7.5 - not a masterpiece (and I'm not entirely sure how to take the first part of the episode and that pointless sex scene + Peeping-Eugene :zombies_alien: ) but it's a strong episode.

- I was moved by the last scene. Really. I had a lump in my throat, I almost cried. If the goal of this episode was to make me care about these new people .... well ... they succeded. (I still don't care about Rosita tho).

- I liked how they showed Abraham's 'downward spiral' with him losing gradually lucidity and control of the situation - becoming more and more impulsive and obsessed by their cause - while revealing , through the flashbacks, his other wound, the one still bleeding inside himself - and how their mission was like that bandage on his hand, a way to hide the source of his pain - a new purpose to focus on. If initially I found Abe's insistance irritating now I understand it. He had to march forward.

- And Eugene ... I found extremely sad the fact that he had to lie because the concept that another person would have just helped him didn't even crossed his mind. It says a lot about his own self esteem and about him. I never completely trusted him but to be honest I wasn't expecting that everything was a lie. I'm really really sorry for him and I hope Abe didn't hurt him too much. He's intelligent and (sometime) resourceful he could still be useful to the group.

- The more scenes they give to Tara the more I like her. I loved how she talked to Eugene, urging him to fight and conquer his fears- tough but sweet. She was probably the first one who tried to reach him, not just because she wanted to know how he could help them but actually reach him - and it's nice that Eugene's first 'kill' was to save her.

- I don't understand Maggie and Glenn, it seems like they are trying to distance themselves from their old life. Maggie felt a little guilty - but Glenn? I don't know how to take his being so ready to follow Abraham, a man he barely know and that was clearly becoming increasingly reckless - he kept saying they were opening the way for the others but...did he reallly believe that? I don't know.:zombies_confused:

#58 Esse, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Gave it a 9. Not sure I got it right about the death of Abraham's family but what I took from it was Abraham was wounded and his family was scared of him. Maybe scared that his hand was bit and he would turn. So after he fell asleep, they made a run for it and got eaten. And still today, whatever the non-walker bite wound was, it won't heal up, like the festering emotional wound of being unable to save his family. So, when he was on the verge of suicide after finding his family, Eugene came running up crying for help. He saved Abraham's life by giving Abraham a new mission most needed one when he and Abraham saved Eugene's life with the mission.

NOW -- what's going to happen? Will Abraham fall apart? There were 2 things keeping him glued together -- the Eugene mission & sex with Rosita. Now? I think we'll see Abraham crying again and the story will be whether Abraham can find a new purpose to stay alive and a new mission, or will he off himself.

I liked the Abraham/Rosita sex scene -- it just seemed in character. I liked Rosita laughing at Eugene being a perv, and I thought Eugene being a perv kind of fit. As to Eugene's confession, I feel horrible for Abraham, bad for Eugene and wonder where the group will go now. Leaving those questions open make for a great episode -- there's a story to be told and we don't know what it is.

Tara - she's just an annoyance-- like a little window of text that explains the obvious to morons. She's still #1 on my hit list. Maggie & Glenn -- they're becoming surplusage. I'm tired of their love story (but, this time, at least they didn't it extend it beyond Glenn's hand on her left boob. I really did not want to see Glenn's ass, although Abraham's wasn't bad at all). I really hope the writers have come up with a new storyline for Glenn & Maggie.

20. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

I gave it a 2 and if I knew there was a voting poll for "Slabtown" I wouldn't have been able to vote unless there was a zero on the poll.
    Is Andrew Lincoln still on TWD???????