Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Carl Grimes, Nov 9, 2014.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. 8

35 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. 7

21 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. 6

17 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 5

11 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. 4

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. 3

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  9. 2

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. TopixSrb

TopixSrb New Member

Gave it an 8. Good acting, but a little boring episode to be honest. Don't know about you guys but my biggest fear was (before seeing this whole episode and only seeing trailer) that Abe was falling on his knees because Rosita died - therefore i was like "get up get up NOW" looking at her lying on the ground while Eugene was confessing. What can I say, I'm just a guy :zombies_lol:
    And that scene with Abe and Glenn talking in the library - boring and unnecessary, had a feeling producers are just doing anything to make time pass. They could have done some scene with Rick and the crew, isn't the whole point of characters being separated so they can make parallel stories? :zombies_mad:

2. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Surprisingly good. 8.

Loved the Abraham background and the showing of why he kept on living: his need for a purpose. You could see he was truly distraught at the end there after Eugene's confession.

3. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I gave it a 6. I was tempted for a 7 but really I found it an slightly underwhelming story about the B team. I liked that they acknowledged the stench of a mega herd from literally, a mile or more away - a nice touch. And gave us Abe's back story. But overall, I thought last seasons Guv only episodes were much better done.

I hope they get back together with the gang, get back on the road, and have some sort of clear objective.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Agreed. Some didn't enjoy the Governor episodes by I did too.

5. Taras Assistant

Taras Assistant Well-Known Member

i give it a 9 !

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have to give it a 6. I wasn't all that impressed. Eugene at the end. ----- SMH

7. Lauri

Lauri Member

I gave it a 6. I could hardly pay attention to the screen half of the time.

8. len112

len112 Member

I give it a 6 , flashbacks were confusing and uninformative , dialogue was incoherent at times . Characterizations weren't believable . Killing walkers with a fire hose was a step too far . Happy that Eugene's story has concluded though .

9. tehwalkingdead

I voted an 8.

I think it was a lot better than some are making out and some of the errors weren't actually errors from what I made out. The mark down stems from the series departing from the bulk of the cast for a second straight week. I know there is a spin off with new characters coming so I don't see the need to depart from the main cast members to broaden the storyline.

Not sure about elsewhere but on my local stations most shows have several themes running throughout each show. I'm intelligent to pick up from previous weeks if they show all three groups in the one show.

10. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

8 thought it was a tad slow in places and Eugene total fapper (in the self help section too)

11. PeteAtomic

PeteAtomic Member

best episode so far this season.. actual creation of suspense and uncertainty, along with some great group dynamics,,
    i'd rather follow the sarge and his group than the ricksters and their tiring storyline, atm

btw, forgot to add... I really enjoyed the opening scenes of them in the library..showing how a group actually survives and ingenuity.. that was a very good touch

#71 PeteAtomic, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

7. Good things happened, but I'm sick of bottle episodes. SICK OF THEM.

13. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Voted 3. I just was not invested in Abe's group. Sorry. The writing felt amateur along with others things.

14. erica4823

erica4823 New Member

I agree. couldn't get drawn in to this. kept waiting for action or something meaningful to happen. they just walked around while abe kept yelling "keep going!" every 10 minutes.

give me some more beth.

15. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

G.I. Abe, mullet man, and eye service only do nothing for me. Their characteristics are exaggerated to the point where I feel insulted as a viewer. Terrible writing that we are just now finding out that Abe and Rosita are a couple. It gave the impression that they were hiding it from Rick and that just makes no sense to me. Why? Glenn and Maggie are shells of their formers selves. Nuff said there. I actually did enjoy Tara, though. She's coming back into her own again. Good character development with her as it made sense for her to be standoffish due to her involvement with Gov. The flashback to Abe's family left too may question Sto the viewer and the parking lot scene was just a slap to the face. The last scene wasn't bad. Loved Eugenes line about being smarter than Abe and to those that watch wrestling will agree that Eugene nailed the Ric Flair flop perfectly.

16. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

Gave it a 5. But feel I'm being generous. The flashbacks were puzzling and left me wondering. I was disappointed at seeing another one of these episodes. Watching Glenn and Maggie bore me to tears now. The best part was at the end when Eugene spilled the truth and threw his "smarter" comment out there and Abe's psycho moment where he nailed poor Eugene into oblivion. Other than that it was a complete snooze fest.

17. Lt. Col. Cookie

Gave it a 6.. I felt really disconnected from the first half and I honestly didn't completely understand the whole Abraham family tragedy. I only found out about the rape thing after reading some of the highlights from The Talking Dead. The rest was alright I guess but I was still feeling bitter because I fully didn't enjoy the whole thing. I want Rick's group back :c

18. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

Me too... Me too... Looks like we're gonna have to wait ANOTHER week to see him and my wife. :(

19. Lt. Col. Cookie

Also, what is up with Maggie not asking about her damn sister!!!

20. cowboy's person

Agree with 7 and the need to stop with the bottle episodes. I'm actually entertained by the shenanigans of the short bus crew. They are being established as the comic relief before they are (hopefully) thrown back together with the rest of the group.

Episode 1 was a 9-10. Episode 2&3 were 8-9. Episode 4 was a 5 and really only kept my attention because I thought that Daryl and Carol would show up at some point. I do hope episode 6 at least gets us back to the point where Daryl is back at the church and shows who came back with him.