Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by Carl Grimes, Feb 15, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

9 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. 9

22 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. 8

36 vote(s)
    36.0%
  4. 7

14 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. 5

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  7. 4

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 3

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I gave it an 8. Not quite as good as last week, but pretty good all the same.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing if Aaron is a standard issue TWD psycho nutter...

2. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

My first post so Im not sure how to express myself without and sounding like too much of a newb... We, as a family, have watched twd from the very beginning. That being said, I liked this episode. There are times when the writing really annoys me, the dialogue can be cheesy sometimes, only sometimes tho. There are characters that I have really disliked but they all died early on. One thing I liked about the episode was how disjointed it seemed. I think the pacing of the episode did a really good job at giving you an idea how the group would be feeling in their present state. It was sluggish, but thats how the group is feeling, and I felt they did a good job of developing the characters after all the real BS(!! thats how I feel about the previous episodes in this season!) we witnessed with all the deaths and chaos lately. The other thing I mentioned was the way it was so disjointed. With the water jugs, we didnt see how they appeared. The dogs appeared and it seemed like it should have been a high intensity moment, all the lurking I did made me feel like there would be more to it with the dogs (the wolves signs, all the talk on here about wild/feral dogs). The scene in the barn where, the storm, the herd of walkers, that was very dream like. I just felt it was actually a brilliantly written, directed and acted episode, probably my favourite in a very long time.

I hope I didnt sound too newbish.. off to re watch the episode again

3. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Gave the episode a 7. Just found that there was some scenes that could have been cut which were quite pointless. Nevertheless i felt the build up, liked the meaning behind working together to keep the walkers out the barn, and the ending kept me interested for next weeks.

4. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Welcome -- nice first post! Don't worry about being new, just jump right in.

Personally, I loved how everyone was all hyped about the dogs and it seemed like it was going to be really dangerous situation and then Sasha was just all "pew pew pew" and they were dead and yummy.

5. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

That cracked me up - I know we figured the wolves not far thing was a red herring about the dogs (and the real wolves would come later), but I couldn't believe how quickly that scene was over before they were sitting round the campfire eating doggy kabobs.

6. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

Rosita & Tara in the rain was worth a 10 all by itself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

8 for me. I enjoyed it more the second time as I just felt not a lot happened on first viewing. Actually there were some nice character exchanges and I liked the dogs bit just for something different. It can't be full on action every episode. Roll on next week!

8. Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun New Member

Exactly - so what is the difference with Bob and his"tainted meat" and these dogs? They have no idea what those dogs had been feasting on.

Herbivores like deer, squirrels, ect. would be one thing, but seemed unrealistic that they would eat dogs without even giving a thought that they could have been eating walker flesh.

9. VickGrimes

Well, it was never officially confirmed that they would've turned from eating the tainted meat, but I agree with you, I was surprised they dug into those dogs so quickly.

10. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

Bunch of fanboys here I see, average rating of 7 and above for that?:zombies_confused:

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

they showed dogs eating walkers on the side of the road in Clear, so we have to assume they eat the walkers, but the only thing you might get away with is that since the dogs don't turn if bit, then the virus must not be able to live in their bodies. Kind of like racoons and dogs and cats can carry rabies but opossums can't because of their body temperature being off by a few degrees. So it would go to reason that the virus couldn't be carried or passed on from the dogs, plus of course it was cooked.

12. VickGrimes

Very true - I think I'm still scarred from that tainted animal meat that ripped through the prison cell block.

13. zombiemom62

actually irl swine flu is found in pigs and people but isn't spread thru meat but just coming in contact with the pig. So the outbreak they had at the prison could have been explained as a outbreak just from exposure to the walkers who picked it up from wild pigs like the one that Rick saw, then the prison gang and pigs where exposed when they were near the walkers at the fences killing them, but i would be temped to swear off pigs under those circumstances too, lol

14. CoyoteTWD

[​IMG]

15. VickGrimes

I knew it was likely related to the pigs/swine flu, but there was also that comment Patrick made to Daryl the morning he got sick about the deer he had brought back, so I could never really pinpoint where it started!

16. zombiemom62

yes, they gave us several options, remember Rick washing in the community barrel of water too? oh the contamination!

17. VickGrimes

I wouldn't mind being contaminated by Rick, so that's not such a bad memory ;)

18. zombiemom62

I think direct injection would be the best option there for a thorough contamination!:)

19. CoyoteTWD

[​IMG]

20. VickGrimes

[​IMG]