Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 1, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

26 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. 9

24 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. 8

30 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. 7

16 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I was pleased with this episode. I give it a solid 8. The show has really recovered in the past couple of weeks after a faltering midseason start in 5x9 and 5x10, with two very good back to back episodes.

My biggest concern was how they were going to work new characters into the story since Gimple seems to have struggled with a large cast in the past, and so far I like the way they are introducing these people while still balancing it out with our group. So far so good.

Daryl was great in this episode. I laughed out loud a few times with how out of place he was in Alexandria. It was all extremely well done. It must've been difficult for the cast not to laugh themselves during that scene when he was gutting the possum on the porch.

Carol is lethal. For Breaking Bad fans out there, she's playing the unassuming Walter White of the ZA for this new group. I can't wait until they see the Heisenberg side.

Rick's evolution has been extremely compelling to watch. As always, a great job by Andrew Lincoln.

Chandler Riggs continues to grow into his role. I'm really enjoying his scenes.

For comic readers I now feel fairly certain that for long term, Michonne will

Good stuff. I'm really looking forward to the final 4 episodes now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Equinox

Equinox New Member

I. Freaking. Love. Rick Grimes!

..And Glenn kicking some ass!

3. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

Gave it a 9 only because Daryl didn't get a shower scene...other than that it really did a great job at showing how far away from "civilized folk" they had gotten. It's a whole new world they'll be living in; at least for awhile. Surely something that good won't last in the ZA. And about that possum...
    [​IMG]

4. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

One of the best episodes so far imo. This episode was not action packed, but everyting in it worked like a watch. Story developed and all characters were cool in this episode. First time for ages I've liked Glenn :) Very interesting also, waiting for more.

5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

7 for me. a little slow moving and had a lot of setup. not great as a standalone episode IMO

6. fredrik

fredrik New Member

8/10 a little slow but it was awesome, I havent been this exicted for more the walking dead for awhile, cant wait for next episode.

I know most people in the town are gonna turn out to be bad people so atm I dont like any of them exept carls new girl friend, she's either really nice or super evil.

7. Cody V

Cody V Member

I gave the episode an 8. I liked that they focused on the original cast a great deal during this episode. The Rick/Carl relationship should be explored more (Carl's gonna need some advice on how to deal with the ladies). Glenn on the run showed a completely hardened side of Glenn and his transformation from the first season truly has come to a head these past two episodes. The back and forth between Daryl and Carol was very good, but what stuck out to me was Carol's interview. She painted herself as this homemaker that always had dinner ready for her husband...and maybe she did initially, but it just seemed like lies coming out of her mouth just telling Deanna what she wanted to hear. Carol has really made a huge change this season. Sometimes I worry that this huge cast will get to diluted for any good character development, but I have yet to see that happen. Solid developmental episode.

8. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8 - I liked the episode overall, and thought that it was an interesting departure from what we are used to seeing. Deanna's cryptically calm demeanor gave me the willies, but I liked watching their talking heads while she was interviewing them. I absolutely loved Carol trolling them, and settling into her new role as QBC in Stepford Wife's clothing. One of the most jarring scenes for me was seeing Carl interacting with other kids, in a clean room with full electricity and video games playing in the background. I can't wait to see if our group is able to assimilate back into civilization...although, I loved Rick's line at the end, that if things don't work out with the other residents, "then we'll just take it". I have a feeling things aren't going to end well at the ASZ.

9. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member

10/10, probably one of the most important episodes for the series from here on, Damn! This episode went by so quickly with so much to tell us, no wonder why nicotero had to leave stuff out!

I love how we followed our fellow survivors from season 1 and see the contrast of how far they have come in this world, the way of thinking. Staying together in a group (Even sleeping together)
    In the contrary we have this great big walled place where people have it good, but lack the real survival thinking, Farmer rick once stopped with survival and tried to build a normal community, But again.. You need to be too far gone to survive this world! You need to take immediate action, It takes one second only, no more compassion! And thats where (Atleast) some of the group are in.

And I love that, You have this civilised sanctuary, Our group almost died of dehydration and hunger and even though they are staying together whatever it takes, A safe place is always welcome. Though this sanctuary may have manpower we quickly learn in this episode that by far they aren't as bewintered as our survivors we know. Taking care of stuff with more effect.

Deanna recognises that, and probably knows she needs it where you get to think something fishy is going on or she NEEDS protection, they never took in others for a while she said, Suggesting that they are very cautious, and maybe for something that happened. They both need eachother, Rick needs alexandria, and the Alexandria community needs a group like rick, I love that dynamic.

We have all those story lines of our characters and there development lines of where they find themselves and where they are going (The biggest part of the story) And seeing all those interviews shows were they mentally are 1 by 1 with a big underlinement, IT was perfectly executed by greg, It shows some new developments of where characters are (Rick his prosurvival mentality, Daryl his ''I only know one way of living'' mind and Carol her ''I can't do anything im just a housewive and my husband was the most loving person'' mind'' and it just sets everything side by side which is definately needed and also used to show the contrast... But so much more is happening right now, What is with Enid? Going over the walls. We don't know much more so the speculation is hugee! Who took ricks blendergun? and What the hell is going to happen with jessie's husband.. That did not give a good vibe...

Also loved how Rick his paranoid sitting in the chair felt like, How he went paranoid when he couldn't see carl, How he almost cried when everything seems to be like magic heaven in that place. Rick with his survivalmind with the line feeling the oppertunity when things go wrong to just take the damn place!

Like andrew lincoln said this felt like Pilot, So much setting up.. The show feels so renewed, So different. All the mentality questions and different places our characters are in. What a big cast, With more big actors to join.

I was like, WHAT?! IS IT ALREADY OVER, I JUST GOT ALL THIS MEGA INFORMATION IN 45 MINUTES?! WOWW!!!
    IT was fast paced, Pilot-y, New. And at the very last, I also loved the production on this one, With rick his videoquotes ''Its all about survival now'' on the back end of the episode. The episode gave the message, Showed new territory plus it gave lots and lots of questions. And mostly, The Walking dead does those 3 things not at once, but invidually in different episodes. Brilliant!

#29 Spooky1611, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  10. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

It was a solid 8/10 for me. Although I feel like I should add a point purely for Rick's "Then we'll take this place" line cause man, it gave me chills.

It was a solid episode for sure.

11. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Really loved this episode. I kind of felt sad when Rick was upset as his hair was cut. I am sure in his mind olden days where he'd sit at home and Lori would give him a hair trim came to mind. Jesse was even wearing a shirt similar to what Lori would wear. Then of course Rick mentions Lori a little later as well. I felt sad Lori didn't make it to this safe zone. I also thought of poor Beth and Ty who were so close to this. And yeah, I gave a thought for Andrea and Hershel.

Obviously, stuff is happening. I am wondering if the girl is smuggling supplies to the exiled 3 men. A bit worried about chained up walkers and what it could lead to. Also, worried for the finale in general.

I had a early days feel to this episode. Reminded me of the farm period, which I do actually view fondly. Yes we get action episodes like No Sanctuary, but it is nice to get more domesticated based drama too, like we did at the farm. Just makes it feel more real and gritty, as opposed to the more extreme situations like Terminus/Govoner prison battle etc.

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

Best episode so far from the return, although it lacks grip.

13. LMT

LMT Member

Was going to give it a high 8. I watched it again, and gave it a solid 9.

14. the walking jet

daryl's "we brought dinner," sasha's kill & rick's "it's a good thing we're here.." just like last week i was hooked before the opening credits rolled..

the group's reaction to ASZ felt grounded in reality.. deanna seemed quite believable but she's is a former politician.. carol playing the role of "defenceless little ol me" was cute.. carl has literally grown up in front of our eyes.. glenn is officially a bad ass again.. i bought everyone's reaction to alexandria..

back to back great episodes.. season 5 is on its was to passing season 2 as my favorite..

10 out of 10 two weeks running..

15. TC93

TC93 Member

I rated it a 7. It was ok for me, but you can almost see what is going to be happening. Rick and the lady look interested in each other, and Carl seems interested in the other girl. That will make for a boring show if they go that route.

I can't see them staying in the safe gated community like this for a long time, because then they would have no show. I posted in another thread, but I really disliked the closeup or Ricks long toenails in the shower.

16. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

best yet of the second half. probably #2 or #3 for the season.

17. Ryan Point

Ryan Point Member

I loved it, like said above, "we brought dinner" -- that line killed me I loved it! And then rick saying they would take the city if they had to really stuck with me...

A reference earlier was made to an orange backpack... Did I miss something there?

I like this episode 8 from me....

Ryan

18. Screaminleeman

10 Finally a toothbrush!

19. TAWX14

TAWX14 New Member

10/10. The only thing I didn't like about this episode was how Daryl retreats right back to isolation; however, it makes sense given what we know about his past.

20. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Like most of what you've put - although I've personally enjoyed all of these 4 back episodes a lot.
    Love the Carol/Heisenberg comparison - thought she was great there - obviously not falling for the place at all. Also am liking Carl more these days.
    Slightly sad that both Beth and Tyreese so nearly made it here to paradise - even though no doubt it won't last. Only 6 days 22 hours until the next UK episode! 9 for me - would have been hard to get a higher rating than this for a "setup" episode.