Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 1, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

26 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. 9

24 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. 8

30 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. 7

16 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Nice avatar

2. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I'd have given it a 7.5 if I could, but went for 7. It seems pretty much a scene setting episode, that's leading us somewhere. Low impact, but interesting.

I liked the way that Carol hid her true nature, but I really wish Daryl would have a bloody shower...

3. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

8/10 some good prep for the future, Deanna scared the shit outta me, too much like Mary, but she's a politician which is just below canibal in my estimation. I like ricks speech to her when she was filming him, About people always wanting something from you, it was a warning to her about his group, if she's as clever as she thinks shed hear it, but I think she's too arrogant to.
    I really enjoyed Daryl, Carl, Carol and GLENN. Carl's so grown up that he's no longer a kid And Glenn is a major badass now.

But my 'wanker of the week' Award has to go to Aidan. Even his mother thinks he's a waste of space.

Seeing Rick in uniform was weird He looked majorly nerdy the haircut did not help either. Where did the uniform come from?
    I kinda hope that whatever is going to transpire here isn't a long drawn out thing, which I fear because of all the new characters That might be introduced and developed. But it will be interesting to see how Our group try to adjust to community living. Despite how the comic arc played out, I have a feeling that there is a sinister secret behind the scenes. I'll have more ideas when we see more of the residents, but I have my suspicions from some things Deanna said about the group. Where the hell is Fr Gabe?

4. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I gave this episode an 8, which is lower than the others in this back half, but I did like it a whole lot. I thought it did a nice job of setting the tone for now.

Most of our favorites had a little screen time. I particularly liked how Carl handled himself. He is so mature, and so strong! Definitely Rick's son. I would trust Carl in probably any situation.

Same for Glenn, and I'm glad he called out Aiden for being full of shit. It was good to see him so strong, yet still totally justified. Glenn has come a long way as well. And I would venture to say that Maggie has a great deal to do with that. I know lots of people don't want to hear it, but I think their relationship has made him more of a man (hardy har). But seriously, he's got someone else to protect and fight for, and she's made him feel like a man. She's been telling him to (basically) stand up for himself since the beginning of their relationship.

I also like what Carol's doing, trying to throw everyone off. I do wonder if it will backfire though, or if it will lead people to distrust her when/if she actually has to use her skills to help save lives.

#44 TheWalkingHorn, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  5. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

You know, Eugene has hardly had a speaking role since episode 5 before Abe punched his lights out....I know he said he'd try the water in episode 10, but other than that...it's been almost 7 episodes with no lines! lol

#45 Benrai2k, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

He recently made reference to 2 copulating dogs while playing cards :zombies_lol:

7. Lt. Col. Cookie

Gave it a 10. I really enjoyed this episode, the development for the group is really great, especially seeing how everybody's taking to it. You have Michonne who really wants to make it their home and then you got Daryl who doesn't even want to take a shower. Season 5 has gotten a lot better since the start of the mid-season premiere and I haven't been disappointed up to now.

That Richonne, doe.

8. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

I loved this episode! I loved the interviews for the group, loved the humor with Daryl and Carol 'You look ridiculous'
    Loved the arrogant son leading the runs. Really excited for the remaining episodes of this series!

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yaknow, I'm gonna go ahead and give this one a 10. I really loved it. It's officially on my list of favourite episodes.

It was just perfect from beginning to end. I loved the contrast between Rick's hostility and Deanna's professional attitude, as well as Rick's group and the sense of normality in Alexandria. The interviews with Rick, Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Michonne and Carl were great.

This episode was a perfect beginning for the Alexandria story. It was beautifully set up. We met all the important people and got the seeds of some story lines to come. Alexandria is just stunning on screen. This little neighbourhood might be my favourite location yet.

The new characters were all good. Deanna, Jessie, Nicholas, Aiden, all well cast and well acted. Aiden might be extremely unlikable, but the actor is doing a decent job of making us hate him. Enid "The Silent Girl" is good, too. As is Pete, from that one scene on the porch. Creepy vibes.

Some absolutely BRILLIANT comic relief in this episode too. The Walking Dead is such a serious show, but I love some comic relief and dark humour thrown in there. Daryl's "we brought dinner" and "you look ridiculous" one-liners, Carol's entire act and walking out looking like a kindergarten teacher… classic.

All of it. I just loved it. Especially being a comic reader, I'm loving seeing Alexandria introduced and the changes that have been made. I couldn't have asked for anything better… except maybe Andrea still being alive. :p

#49 BatmansHooker, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  10. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Excellent episode. Gave it a 10. For me all the shows start of with a 10 and points are taken off for the little things, its the best show in a long long time. I thought the interaction was realistic. I have a feeling we're going to be lulled into a false sense of security for a little while. Possibly no deaths for some time (one can hope). I kind of feel, looking back that some of the most recent episodes up till hte mid season premier were really pointless. I feel its picked up considerably. The writing's better, the acting's better. I dont follow who's writing and directing so I dont know if its down to that sort of thing.

Now, while I havent read the actual comics, I have read up on them and I love spoilers so I do a little bit of lurking (a lot) and I like that they arent totally following the comics. Keeps you guessing ... and hoping that they will spare some of my faves. Im really hoping Glenn is spared. He's grown so much, you can see some of his personality from season 1 coming back. I really like where this is going.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Gave a 9....episode was better than I was expecting!

12. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

This episode gave me big Season 2 vibes in a good way. The good aspects of it. I liked how much more drama driven this episode was like the olden days. Not that episodes like No Sanctuary are unwelcome, but they only have the impact they do as a result of episodes like this when we realise it is a drama in essence.

Woodbury/prison never gave me this feeling of drama like the farm or Alexandria so far.

I liked Deanna A LOT. Just her alone bought so much realism to the place and episode. She is a very good actress. I am a little sad she will probably be dead by season 6.

I loved Carol's scene when she joked about how shes going to punch her time in to the work clock and go and make casseroles while on the porch. It again reminded me of season 2 - and in some ways even season 2 Carol. And I don't mean because she was acting all house-wifey - just the humour alone. She used to say some amusing things in the earlier seasons without realising. A lot of Carol since season 4-5A has been her in serious kill mode. lol

And yeah on a sidenote: Missing Andrea...*sigh*

13. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Agree with everything you say there. A good intro to new characters story
    . Good ch

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Definitely agree on the season 2 vibes - season 1, even. It felt almost nostalgic.

15. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

They reminded me a little bit of the art house movie Sex, Lies and Videotape :zombies_lol:

16. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

9 only because I was sad to see the boss beard go, and a couple lines near the start seemed kinda forced.

Great episode overall, obviously wasn't super exciting as it had to be a "test the waters of Alexandria" type episode. I liked how they introduced new characters (blondie seems to be crushing on Rick, blondie's husband is going to get jealous and fights will happen), and hinted that the town had troubles in the past. Interested to see what that gril that's Carl's age is all about.

Best part was when Glen easily dodged that guy's swing and laid him out. :zombies_lol:

17. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

Actually, my favorite part was Tara's insolent little smirk as Aiden was bitching and moaning about them not being "ready".

18. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

8. I thought there were some cool spots. Interesting to see them interfacing in a 'safe zone'. The Congresswoman seems like an interesting character. Most of the rest....meh so far. Liked Carol being all Suzie Homemaker...yeah right. Daryl still being feral could be interesting. \\However, I am mourning the loss of one of my favorite characters. Rick's Beard. RIP>

19. neen1968

neen1968 New Member

Felt the same - that conversation on the porch between Rick, Daryl and Carol changed the whole feel of the episode for me. The way Rick delivered it, the way Daryl and Carol shared the glance - Daryl immediately stood up straighter on hearing those words. I think they were worried that Rick was falling for the soft sell Alexandria approach by taking up the constable's position. Now they feel it's probably more a strategic move - constable will get him access to where the weapons are stored, and access to information they may not otherwise have. So interested in seeing how this plays out - the preview for next ep showed Rick talking to Carol and saying something along the lines of "Daryl can't do it, they're watching every move he makes".

20. neen1968

neen1968 New Member

I give it an 8.5. Loved the little bit of Daryl humour - "we brought dinner" and "you look ridiculous" - right up there with "and people in hell want slurpees" for classic Daryl. Interesting to see that part of him back after his withdrawn demeanour of the last few episodes. Especially alongside the rest of his feral behaviour - gutting the possum, not taking a shower, the pacing back and forth after the fight. Loved every minute of him this episode.

Thought Glenn was great - just hope his stepping up the hardness in the last few weeks isn't leading to his possible death. Loving Carl at the moment - the contrast between his life and those of the kids inside Alexandria. Really liked how he jumped at the chance to play video games, and then told Rick how they were weak and he didn't want to become that. Also noticed how Rick didn't even question him being there when he showed up at the old farmhouse while Rick was looking for the gun - just accepted his presence outside the wall and got to work killing walkers together. Carol playing innocent housewife was good too.

The whole vibe of the episode changed for me in the last couple of minutes when Rick told Daryl and Carol "we'll take this place". He accepted the job of constable not because he's buying into the Alexandria community, but because of what it will bring him and the group. Others might be looking to settle - Rick is still looking for the angle. Loved the glance between Daryl and Carol after he said it, and how Daryl immediately stood up straighter - now he knows the two people he most respects are wary of the place as well.

Can't wait till next week!