Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 8, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. 8

35 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. 7

18 vote(s)
    16.5%
  5. 6

12 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. 5

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I'm with [MENTION=8873]TGO[/MENTION] on this one. Carol was awesome. She proved that her ONLY goal is to keep Team Prison et al safe....at any cost. She didn't view him as a kid, but a potential threat. And what better way to diffuse that threat then to instill every nightmare children have. To end it with the "but you'll get lots of cookies" was priceless. Loved it. Daryl eating the spaghetti? Could they have portrayed his uncouthness any better? I'm loving the Carol she is now, she's no longer second-guessing herself and knows what needs to get done. I rate it an 8.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Exactly. These episodes are fine as long as long as stuff happens and it builds the story moving forward. And in this episode we had a number of things occur. Daryl bonded with Aaron, Carol showed her Heisenberg side with the kid, Rick's interaction with Jessie and Sasha taking on the lookout/sniper role. There were other smaller things as well, but I thought the episode was well written and interesting. And that's all I ask for here. Some people are comparing this to the disastrous hospital arc, but the only thing they have in common is that they're episodes from the same season.

The show has been a bit wayward since the prison blew up with sporadically great episodes mixed in with mediocre ones, a few very bad ones. But I think the arrival in Alexandria has been a breath of fresh air and it feels as if they're starting to get their groove back.

I've liked the last 3 episodes in a row and give this one an 8 too.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I thought that scene was incredibly well done for a few reasons. It did shock me at first like it did a lot of people here, but it was intended to. It reminded us that this is the same woman that killed Karen and David. Sure, most of us have come to really like Carol after all she's been through and what she's done for the group, but this is a tough woman who will do anything to protect her "family."

Also, she is one of the two people Rick is confiding in at this stage of the game. So her mindset is much closer to where he is now, than he is with most of the others. He and Carol are now also the only ones with the guns.

I think the scene was a nice jolt back to reality, and perfectly in line with the person Carol is now, even if that makes us uncomfortable.

4. fredrik

fredrik New Member

A strong 7. Nothing happened...

5. Kayley

Kayley Member

Gets a 4... and that is more than it should be!
    Nothing but boredom in this one.

6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

6. Boring as batsh! However, I am liking Abraham being given the humours stuff to say and Carol is awesome.

7. StoryLine

StoryLine Member

Forget? Rightly named....Everyone shall forget this episode!

Few more episodes like this, everyone shall forget The Walking Dead!

#47 StoryLine, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  8. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

She wasn't actually ever going to kill the kid. She was just trying to scare him into silence and did a damn fine job. And the kid is getting cookies so he'll be fine. Besides the kid needs to toughen up in this new world anyway.

9. Screaminleeman

8. Great episode, but I hated Buttons getting eaten which cost it a full point IMO.

Sasha would have killed the episode if it weren't for the extremely well played Bromance scene.

WHY COULDN'T something take her up on the "come get me" thing.

10. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

9.5. Wow there doesn't seem to be much room for anything better.

I gave it a 6.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I actually really liked this episode, and give it an 8. I don't really know what people expect to happen now that they're settling into Alexandria - it seems to me that there are going to be a lot of setup episodes leading to something big, and I can enjoy these episodes as much as I can the ones that are full of "action".

What I liked most about this episode was the character interactions, because that's definitely something that I think has been lacking lately. I LOVED the interaction between Daryl and Aaron, and enjoyed seeing the talk between Michonne and Abe, and even the shorter interaction between Glenn, Maggie, and Noah. I liked the party scenes because I really do think it is interesting that they are back in this world and don't really know what to do with themselves. It's so different from what we've seen and I, for one, find it really fascinating to watch. I legit was freaked out by Carol because I really didn't know how far she was going to go. I was surprised that Rick made the first move on Jessie, and then disappointed when he reached for his gun at the end. I really hope he has an about face and goes back to his normal self next week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doomhed

Doomhed Member

I LOVED the carol scene. Saying these horrible awful things in that sing song "well you've been a naughty boy" voice while graphically scaring the living daylights out of the boy.

My new catchphrase "....or you can have cookies."

13. PapSett

PapSett Member

I just watched it, and gave it a 6, which I'm pretty sure is the lowest I have rated an episode.

So many of them were out of character, I thought, especially Rick & Daryl. HATED Rick kissing Jessie... shades of Shane & Lori. Michonne seemed lost... Where is that bond, that connection she had with Rick& Carl? I can't really see Daryl changing so completely, so quickly. And him being a 'recruiter'? Please...

I did like Sasha's PTSS, and thought Carol was stone cold with Sam.

And don't even get me started on Buttons the horse.

14. Country

Country Member

Really digged this episode! It was cool to see Daryl bonding with Aaron and also seeing Sasha's PTSD during the party. Glad they didn't stick to Michonne like in the comics. Also, Carol threatening that child wasn't out of character at all, I mean what other choice did she have? That kid told her, that he would tell his mom, so the only possibility she had was to make up that creepy story to scare him, shows also how far Carol has gone. And another point (which especially "Richonne"-shippers" complained about) was the Jessie and Rick kiss. Many Richonne-shippers said that it was OTT. I don't think so, it wasn't like he gave her a tongue kiss in front of the whole party audience. They were separated in another room and he gave her a short kiss, nothing really OTT.

All things considered, I give it a 8/10.

15. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I adored this episode! It is so weird and interesting to see how everything is unfolding. The town is so creepy and all so bizarre. I love seeing how everyone is responding to the new surroundings/jobs/people.

Even though there wasn't much "action" the story moved along... people are setting up alliances, getting to know one another, having secret meetings, going undercover, finding their way, it's all so cool.

The Rick kiss with Jessie didn't make me think he's out of character. Who knows WHAT his character is after all this!? He's exploring different sides of himself.

In fact, Rick and Carol are pretty far gone... Daryl and Michonne seem to be the level-headed ones. And Glenn & Maggie... probably Abe, too.

The creep factor is what I enjoyed most. And, of course, Daryl and Aaron's interactions.

It's 1 MILLION times better than the hospital arc.

16. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I really liked this one. I read everyone's opinions before I watched it (bc Im in the UK and see it the day after most of you guys) and it was better then I thought. I thought Carol's scene where she threatened Sam was excellent. It wasnt nice, at all, but she threatened him with the main thing a child in his place would fear and promised him cookies... with a soft psycho 'genuine' smile, and it was probably the only thing that would have kept his mouth shut. She's a real smart lady.

Now, after watching the episode my husband was like 'Why would Rick do that?'... the smooch, the gun, etc. After reading all the spoilers this morning, I decided I knew what the episode was going to be about, what the writers/directors wanted us to think with this episode and I was right. It was one of those episodes designed to throw us. To make us think 'What the...?' Especially for the non comic readers (and non spoiler lovers). What is going to happen to our group? They are all handling the new circumstances differently. I think thats what they are setting up for the next few episodes at least. I feel they really need to develop the relationships and let us get to know some of the ASZ residents before any major drama's occur.

I thought the episode was excellent. A LOT happened, I think the screne time Abe got was a foreshadowing of the fact that he might get more character development. Poor Sasha... where the heck is Gabriel tho? I hope they tie that up soon. Also, I noticed something that is so tiny but could have qualified as a teeny little hint. When Rick was walking down the road and that ridiculous song started at the end, he walked past a street called 'Morgan'... Significant? Idk... Im not anxiously awaiting Morgan's return, I lost interest in him a little while back, I think his reintroduction will have to be kind of dramatic tho...

#56 WhatThe..., Mar 9, 2015
  17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Overall this ep was disappointing, although it set up a few future storylines, ie; daryl, Sasha, maggie. But too much jessie for my liking and Rick acting out of character was uncomfortable and creepy to watch. This was A very disjointed ep. Less jessie and more of our group please I was beginning to think the other Characters were in a different show now. It was good to see Abe and Rosita and noah again, but where was eugene and tara And Fr Gabe?if less time was spent on the boringly annoying jessie we would have more of the other characters. I don't see how this ep furtherd the plot. My crazy friend says deanna is Negan LOL.

#57 Toothpick, Mar 9, 2015
  18. Craticus

Craticus Member

A solid 8!

Great setup ep, i love the episodes with loads of character interaction just as much as the action filled episodes... both can be done badly but thankfully I think this worked very well on the whole....

and Buttons acting was top notch....

19. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

8/10 for me, I liked it but not as much as the first 3 episodes of 5B, still decent setup for things to come which was needed.

20. Strife

Strife Member

Gotta say though the tone was geared down a bit this was a pretty juicy episode. I think it's necessary that the show slow down a few episodes and explore the nuances of ASZ and its effects on each of the group.

Daryl taking over Glenn's comic job makes sense, his bro bonding with Buttons and Aaron, and the motorcycle being a precursor to a future raid. Also taking over one of Glenn's arc was Carol infiltrating the gun lot which they managed to pull of slick and eerily. She is the ultimate cookie monster.