Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

39 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. 9

38 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. 8

25 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. 7

7 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I loved it. I'm loving all of the Alexandria arc so far - it is all really interesting to me. Great actors/acting/writing for the Alexandria people so they seem believable to me in a way that Slabtown did not and all our characters are interacting there in interesting ways (even though some are way off in the background) and so it isn't boring me like Woodbury was for the most part.

Oh gawd yes. Poor Noah - that was brutal. It was 'good' to see in the sense that it really packed a punch and brought home the horror/danger of what they are facing in ways that killing the walkers in various creative ways just does not.

I avoid spoilers for that very reason. It is always better watching with no spoilers IMO!

Yup!!

We know Carol's history and he does not. From his point of view that was scary but not quite as scary as we viewed it because she is just a cookie making mom type person to him. He also wanted a gun, which is why I think he went back. There is only one way in this world for him to get his hands on one. Carol. Kids will go a long ways to protect an abused family member.

#41 BarbDwyer, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would've been better with the whole group because they would've seen Abe just crash and fall to his knees. I liked the bottle episode with them mostly because of Tara and Eugene but it was for the most part just completely unnecessary. I still tink Ty should've been built up to die in S4A instead of Hershel so he could've found a happy life / peaceful death in the ASZ. It would've been a beautiful end for his character.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem for Hershel's character advancing past the destruction of the prison is that he'd eventually succumb out on the road. They probably could've pulled it off though if they had him and another character get a vehicle out. He'd have to skip the whole Terminus scene too. So it'd would've been tricky, but not entirely impossible. Tyreese though, like Abe, was apart from the main group during his early development so it took them some time to do anything with his character. I think they fell short with him though too.

4. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

9. Good all around. They also were able to get some of the more ignored members of the group something to do. The charcters deaths of the mayor's son and Noah were brutal and seemed to go a lot longer than usual. I felt that was a nice touch to re-enforce the danger of the walkers who seemed rather tame lately and maybe add some edginess to the show.

5. fredrik

fredrik New Member

A solid 8 for me.

Sad that Noah died and I hope they kill Nicholas veeery slowly. Too often do they get
    surrounded by walkers and someone dies, I would think they would be more careful on scavenger hunts.

Carol was great I f**king love her. Gabriel disappointed me.

6. StoryLine

StoryLine Member

Awesome episode...9.

Would have been a 10 if they had NOah's death differently. 1 guy Nicholas managing to open the revolving door against 2 people Noah and Glen did not seem very realistic.

#46 StoryLine, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  7. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

I completely agree with this thinking. We've seen some of the main characters pushed to the background and dropping in on occasion. It would work much better to have some of the folks fade into the background and come back as needed. Noah could very easily have had his "job" changed from supply runs to working with Reg. Leaves his character open to return if needed.

As far as Beth, you'll probably have a lot of folks who'll argue that the group wouldn't have left her in Atlanta to move on to DC. However, I would have seen that as a bigger sacrifice on Beth's part to volunteer to stay at the hospital. It leaves the group (and the viewers) with a potential connection back to Georgia if needed. Plus, I think it would have been a pretty fitting end to the Coda episode instead of the death to instead have Beth mopping the floor while she is singing.

8. Cody V

Cody V Member

I gave it a 9. In my opinion, it's only behind the first few episodes of 5A. I had been waiting for the Abraham/Construction Crew scene and the dialogue with Carol and the kid where she gradually finds out he's seeing abuse or being abused was very well written. I really was starting to like Noah, but the revolving door of terror was pretty awesome. We all know Pete's gonna die, but I hope Gabriel is gone before the season is over. Father Douche and the Cowardly Church of the Apocalypse.

9. Charmander

Charmander Member

9. I felt that they balanced each character/scenario scene much better this time, with the supply run team, Abraham and Carol.
    Would have been a 10 but I feel like they're jumping the gun with Jessie's husband too quickly.

10. SteelerFan

SteelerFan Member

Sorry if this is considered hijacking, but I missed the last 10-15 mins. of the episode when my service went to hell ( Thanks at&t ), can someone fill me in?? Went out right after Noah got his cheek chomped off.

11. Equinox

Equinox New Member

Noah's death was so freakin' gruesome.. Holy shieet..

I feel bad for Glenn. :(

10/10

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i gave this a 10 also. first one i can remember giving a 10 since i've been on here. maybe S5 episode 1 as well. really good episode. a lot going on and they didn't dilly dally with small talk.

13. Country

Country Member

I really liked this episode, especially the Carol moment. Seeing how she doesn't want any children around her after all her misfortune with kids, it was really funny to watch the baking scene where Sam tried to make small talk while she always declined.

I give it a 9/10.

14. diordior

diordior Active Member

I gave this episode a 10. Right now I don't care for the "subplot in the guise of a main plot" with Rick and Jessie eating up so much of the screentime and being drawn out. Show us clearly why Pete is a problem rather than have your characters jump to conclusions based on little info and then be right later on (looking @ you Dale). This episode stepped away from that a little and gave us some amazing action sequences and character development within those scenes. I really appreciated Eugene's and Abraham's character devs. WHAWGO, The Distance and Spend are really the only 3 episodes I've liked in 5b because they seem to have a S1 feel to them. Looking forward to the next 2 episodes being the same way!

15. Screaminleeman

I went with a 9. Great episode.

Noah was given a fantastic send off! Glen has been super the last two episodes.

The only thing I thought was a little "awkward" was Carol essentially egging Rick's already budding thought of killing Peter.

I mean, even Shane didn't go that far. A real good old fashion beat down like Shane put of Ed might just solve the "issue". It wasn't like Carol was happy with Shane for even kicking Ed's tail for beating her, much less give him ____ for not "finishing" the job on her openly abusive husband.

That in and of itself is incredibly hypocritical that Carol is willing to put Jessie through this at least without first getting her story.

Neither her nor the kid are seriously visibly battered and it is evidently 100% behind closed doors.

Man Adrian Peterson sure is lucky not to be judged by Carol! Off with his head!

16. Cracker

Cracker Member

I gave it an 8. Some great bits but it felt like they tried to pack in too many story lines in 40 min.

17. Strife

Strife Member

No complaints what so ever for this one. One of the strongest to date. The only reason it didn't vote a solid ten is because I know the finale will be epic and I can't rate that an eleven.

18. Olivia

Olivia Member

Amazing episode. Finally a Walking Dead that leaves you stunned. Love Carole, she is the most interesting character.... so direct, "you have to kill him". Glenn he actually went up a notch or two last night, same with Abraham. Just a great episode.

19. Olivia

Olivia Member

The Carole that was with Ed is dead and gone. Carole is working on what she knows, here are not may cures for abusers. I do wonder why she wants Rick to kill him, I figured she would handle it.

20. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

That was an excellent episode... only complaint was that it was too short. It was so fast paced it was hard to keep up. Excellent juxtoposing this one with the previous few.

Gabriel... Grrr. He looked unhinged tho anyway. Going on about satan, he looked like a fruitcake. I would hope Deanna would see it like that, but with her son not coming back. I want to see her lose the plot, I want to see her do a silent scream or something.

Lets see... what else... I wonder why they arent showing us any physical signs of abuse in the Pete situ? That was the only situation that seemed forced. I dont think they had to play it out like that unless it was to show us what Carol is now like. I didnt like that part.