Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 29, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

68 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. 8

20 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. 7

9 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. 6

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

8/10 After a very intriguing beginning with Morgan and the creepy Wolf guy, I felt the episode got a little bit bland towards the middle, but I was very pleased with the denouement at the campfire meeting - that wrapped things up very nicely and left me in suspension. Good writing by Gimpy.

#41 Capt. Rhodes, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. StoryLine

StoryLine Member

Gave it a 4 for the good drama

Overall the entire ASZ arc was a cheap copy of Season 2 when the gang trying to be a part of Herschel's farm. Herschel was against it, eventually Rick him over. Carol is playing Shane with a sleazy touch, Michone/Glen playing the Dale role, Maggie talking like Season 2 Rick.

3. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

I couldn't find eleven...... where is Nigel from Spinal Tap when you need him?

4. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

I voted one because this topic was premature.
    Otherwise I would vote 10.

5. Karl

Karl Member

7, this episode couldve easily been fit into the 45 minutes, that extra 15 minutes was not filled like I was expecting, the scenes with Gabriel couldve just been left out.
    Other than that, the episode was good but not worth the start of a 7 month wait.

6. CLEAR

CLEAR Member

9.5. I love Carol. She's been fantastic this whole season.

7. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

8.5. Very solid episode. There wasn't really any one scene that really blew me away that would've pushed the rating higher though.

8. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Def one of the greats!

9. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

9. Awesome. Great from start to end. The opening scene with Morgan ...eerie, brilliant acting. Rick doing Deanna's bidding, Gabriel returning to his faith, Sasha getting help, Glenn kicking some a$$ all of it!! ARGH amazing

10. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Didn't care for the Gabriel or Glenn stuff tbh.

But I loved the last 5 minutes. Even though we didn't now Reg greatly, thought his death was pretty sad and the music during that scene was very haunting and well done. It just adds knowing that season 6 we have Deanna on Rick's side and the wolf group on the horizon. It feels like more of a set up for season 6 but I am okay with that. This show has finale like events mixed throughout the whole season anyway.

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

The episode was great but lacked that 'finale' feel. Gets an 8.

12. Trinnity

Trinnity New Member

OMG, it was SO good. I loved it.

13. Olivia

Olivia Member

I gave it a 9 but had Morgan not been in this finale it would have been lower. Reading the comments on here- reason it seemed to rate so high was because of Morgan. Funny who someone who has made a handful of appearances can have such an impact.

14. Ryan Point

Ryan Point Member

So after sleeping on it, reading this entire thread... Twice.... And watching the episode again... A 9 is a bit high... This was a great episode I don't think it was the best this season, I have to watch the season over again to decide but, it pains me to think of how disorganized the ASZ is and yet the have survived this long under the radar... Gates unlocked no guards... These aren't problems with this episode they are just issues in whole I give the episode an 8 it was good but not perfect...

15. jcattoi

jcattoi Member

I enjoyed the first three episodes of the season (because of the common enemy in the hunters) and the first three episodes of the ASZ story arc (because of the new location and atmosphere). Also, the midesason premier was very artful and i can appreciate the writers trying something new.

My least favorite episodes involved the hospital and anything in ATL and episode 510.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I would have to say that for 5A my favorite episode was Four Walls. The 5B stretch of episodes is a bit more difficult for me to pin down a favorite because I really enjoyed each one of them. If pressed I would say that it would come down to The Distance and last nights episode (Conquer).

Really looking forward to S6, No Way Out story arc. Curious about where they will take the character of Morgan (hoping he is with the show for more than an episode or two) and also Aaron. Really enjoying the budding friendship and trust that seems to be developing between Aaron and Daryl

17. Strife

Strife Member

[​IMG]

18. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

Solid 7 for me. I just don't think it was worthy of a 10. There seemed to be a lot of fluff and it did not need the extra 1/2 hour. I was expecting it to be jammed full of action so much they needed the extra time. But in true TWD fashion they stuck all the great stuff into the last 15 minutes.

19. Lt. Col. Cookie

I absolutely lived this episode. Season 5 is my favorite season now, starting out with a kickass premiere and ending with an episode that had me anxious. I didn't have that impact that season 4 finale had but it made it even better IMO. Scott Giimple really brought the show back to life.

20. jcattoi

jcattoi Member

I agree. The top two episodes this season for me where No Sanctuary and The Distance. However, this season really sets up next season as there is an established main location, a potentially dangerous enemy in the Wolves/Scavengers, a probable "No Way Out" story arc and a Rick/Morgan/Michonne leadership situation.