Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 29, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

68 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. 8

20 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. 7

9 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. 6

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. tehwalkingdead

I loved this episode and I love the series. I don't need to say any more than that.....other than to say I wish it was October.

2. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Amazing from beginning to end. Even liked the Sasha and Gabriel stuff.

3. ArousedPigeon

ArousedPigeon New Member

Gave it a 6. 10 is laughable IMO.

Massive disappointment given the hype, what was all that "you'll need tissues" nonsense. Nobody anybody ever thought about died. They bottled major characters death with Glenn surviving..somehow and Daryl rescued coincidentally at the last second.

There was no "woah" moment whatsoever. This felt like a build up to a final and if it was that, I would've given an 8. Never in a million years did this feel remotely like a finale. There was no big climax. At times there was too many arcs and it felt confused, some of which (Gabriel) I couldn't care less about.

Also, ruined Morgan by turning him from insane guy to Jedi Master. So stupid. He was a great character before, now what they've sone to him is just cringeworthy.

There were some great moments and I enjoyed it, but the low score reflects the massive hype that had built up. It was a massive anticlimax,for me at least, and I'm really headscratching here wondering how anyone awards it a 10. It felt so much like the Governor's first attack on the prison finale where nobody died and the assault was a huge letdown. Worse than that though.

just very..meh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

:zombies_lol: I was thinking the same thing too, Jedi Master....:zombies_lol:
    Well, it seems that Morgan's reluctance to kill the two wolves will come back to bite everybody's asses....:zombies_mad:

5. PatriotPat

PatriotPat New Member

Best episode so far I think!

6. Shadow

Shadow Member

10, one of the best episodes yet. It was tense, edge of the seat television all the way through. I really thought that someone would die almost the whole episode through (Daryl, Glenn) and then when I thought everything was over (Ok, I still expected Pete) there was still a shocking death, though no one important, but Deanna's face was priceless. And Rick, Carol and Michonne, OMFG.... And Morgan!!! I didn't expect this sort of a finale, but boy was it an awesome hour!!

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Paraphrase moment courtesy of the words of wisdom from @CoyoteTWD

, rather than on picking apart each and every scene for each and every nuance that was not tweaked to the Nth degree.

I myself do not sit down 16 Sunday evenings a year expecting that each episode will be a stylized clone of an Ingmar Bergman film. I sit down 16 Sunday evenings a year to be entertained, to allow myself one hour per week to suspend reality and become part of the Grimes clan. To follow their journey through the apocalypse. Are there missteps from time to time? Yes. Is it always perfect? No. Do I always enjoy the hour? Yes, even if an episode proves to be one that I will not re-watch (i.e. both governor episodes from season 4).

Last night I watched the episode again with my youngest daughter (her first viewing) and I was ready to hear her bitch, moan and complain. She is a tougher critic than the toughest posting critic on this forum. Lo and behold, when all was said and done she turned to me and said "well that was awesome, by far my favorite episode this season". So on her behalf I offer a rating of 9 because she is one of those who will probably never give a 10, but damn, a 9 from her is just as good as receiving a 10.

8. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

9.5/10 for me, there was a lot to like about this episode and any complaints I have are just nit-picking things which didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the episode.

9. Wesker

Wesker Member

A good solid 10. Loved the entire episode. It answered the season long question of "who are we?" All of the characters faced the question. Rick has become Shane, Glenn has become Rick of season 2. The whole Randal incident comes to mind with how Rick wanted to, and finally dealt with Pete. Aaron and Daryl faced the same "who are we" question and answered it, they are both good decent men with good hearts and a ton of courage. Abraham and Eugene coming to terms. Father Gabriel trying to commit suicide and facing the walker who had committed suicide, killing said walker with the hanging rope, killing the dying person and coming to grips with exactly what his sins were was very good, Gabriel may shape up to be a pretty good charcter after all. Rick's natural rise to leadership, Morgan's (all life is precious) reaction to seeing Rick kill Pete. It was all very well done. And I'm glad no major character died because I kind of like them all.

10. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

I gave it a 10. Loved that season finale!

11. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Its interesting to read why people gave the rating they did, everyone values differing things and thats cool. I agree with someone who said they gave it a 10 bc they enjoyed it to the max. I gave it a nine for the same reason. I really like what they do with every episode how artistic and creative they are with the score and lighting but also what they are doing with every character. It would have been a 10 but I felt there were some things that were missing that would have made it that much more enjoyable. Someone else mentioned in another thread (maybe it was this one??) that it would have been nice to have seen how Morgan and Daryl reacted when they realised Morgan knew Rick. Something else someone noted about this episode the various nods to zombie horror movies out there. Ironically I am in no way a fan of horror and I dont even think of twd as in the horror genre (I think of it as a drama... with zombies). Like I really really hate horror movies. I can remember as a preteen my bff had to sit on me to force me to stay in the room to watch probably the worst horror movie ever made, I cant even remember the name of it. The graphics were absolutely hilarious by today's standards and featured an eyeball hurtling towards someone on a wire and a lightbulb dripping blood... but I was genuinely horrified... Im one of those people. With that being said, I appreciated the nod to those types of movies. I actually think the stupid incontinuity errors may have been a clever little thing the writers did on purpose as a little tribute to that genre. The fact that it went from day to night so quickly, the blood on the katana before Pete accidentally kills Reg. The stumbling in the night thru the woods for no reason... I mean why did Dickolas (Im running with that one ;)) climb over the wall in the first place and why he hell did Glenn follow him. The music playing while Rick was hunting down the walkers thru Alexandria and his exploding walker face kill. The more I think about it, the more Im convinced it was a deliberate attempt to cheesify it just enough to pay tribute to all the zombie flicks out there that were made on a low budget that everybody who loves zombie flicks loves. Even Zen Morgan. He was a little cheesy even if he badassified it, a lot. Ive watched it twice already and I will probably watch it again ... Ill probably watch most of season 5 again actually.

Yeah, so 9 but only bc they could have squeezed a weeny bit more into it seeing that it was an extended finale.

#71 WhatThe..., Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  12. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Also, no faves died... that makes me very happy :Grin:

13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

9 for me...some very clever plot developments and a lot of moments where you couldn't predict how the scene was going to turn out.
    I particularly liked seeing Morgan back and the Darryl/Aaron moments in the car. Must admit I thought he was a gonner there! Having one last smoke and all that.

What stopped me giving 10...agree that the map scene was too short - could have been a very poignant moment (after all, Morgan has been searching for Rick for a very long time). Also, I think even Glenn would have killed Nicholas when he caught up with him again - would have been an interesting development for his character too. Finally, I found it unrealistic that Gabriel was left to shut the gate. Overall, I have really enjoyed this season, especially 5B:zombies_cool:

14. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9. Pretty intense finale, especially in the last minutes. Hooray for Morgan's return, mister badass! I'm glad we've found out more about the Wolves. Loved the final scene.

Season 6, I know you're going to be awesome.

15. Charmander

Charmander Member

I'd give it an 8. I'd have liked to have seen more of Morgan, but it was a great episode otherwise.

16. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

An excellent episode, well supported by the build up the previous 2 episodes. I gave it a satisfying 10 (would have been 9.5 if available, just for the implausibility of Gabe being left alone to close the gates).

I'm really looking forward to how Morgan pans out (especially as he's just witnessed Rick executing someone, just like the Gov would).

And now there's the growling threat from the wolves, now that they're alerted to the existence of ASZ. I'm glad they didn't pitch the wolves v ASZ in the final episode - that's something to look forward to...

It'll be a loooong wait to S6 in October.

17. Hamish Coles

Hamish Coles New Member

Fantastic Episode.

This episode was an impeccable way to finish the season, and only makes me more excited for season 6. I rated it a 10, but I agree with an earlier reply that it was slightly silly the way that Gabriel was left alone like that to close the gate; it should be the constant duty of the person on watch. We've now met Morgan and he's clearly regained his sanity, so that's good (and he's of course now a total badass). One thing I didn't like (which of course is just a personal thing, though it'll make the plot just that much better) is that Morgan said "all life is precious", only to then go on to see Rick execute Pete right in front of him. I don't think their relationship henceforth will be anything close to what it was at the beginning of Season 1, and Morgan will find it hard to see that Carl is still alive but know all the same that Duane isn't. My feeling is that he'll become a regular and that's a good thing IMO.
    Another thing is that so many were saying someone big was going to die. No one did and that makes me unbelievably happy, but there were so many close calls, Daryl and Glenn being the two main examples. Norman Reedus, if I remember correctly, told us to "bring our Kleenex" to the finale but it turns out we didn't need it (much to my joy but also annoyance that he made me think someone was going to die).
    Anyway, awesome episode, pretty great outcome (except for the death of Deanne's husband - I liked him) and can't wait for the next season.

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Morgan showing up is a nine right there! In all seriousness it was tense and I really enjoyed it so it earned the rating for me. Wish i could of gotten on here sooner.

19. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I just had the opportunity to see it. I don't think ive given any episode a 10, here, but this was it.

Morgan. Morgan. Morgan.

Daryl & Aaron solidifying their true solidarity for a fellow survivor.

I love Eugene, Rosita and Abe, a little bit more every episode. The infirmary scene painted us a better picture of the relationship between the 3 of them.

Morgan. Morgan. Morgan.

Glenn, others may think you are a wuss. To me, you stuck to your guns. Never waver, Glenn!

Carol's line about, "These people are children and children like stories."
    When Carol turned into ScAROL with Pete.

Morgan- what a great opening scene.
    I was so glad to see him hook up with Glenn & Daryl - I was clapping & jumping- that never happens.

20. the walking jet

great breakdown Prufrock..

episodes like "conquer" really validate my emotional investment in the show..

i gave "conquer" a 10 as well.,

oh & morgan officially become to coolest character on the show as far as i'm concerned..

lennie james is that dude!! he's got that "cool without even trying" things down pat!!