Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by Carl Grimes, Mar 29, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

68 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. 8

20 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. 7

9 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. 6

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

I gave it an 8 because there were some weak parts in it. The bit where the zombies were on top of Glenn and then the scene cut away. He'd taken a beating and been shot in the shoulder yet miraculously he dispatches 3 zombies.

Morgan's scene at the start, it was like watching a bad kung fu film where all the baddies line up in an orderly cue to get their beating. Was rather lame.

Also, the scene where Rick realises that zombies are in the camp then all of a sudden it goes to night time. It was very jarring and the continuity was poor.

Overall a good episode and the cliffhanger of where Morgan came in left me surprised when it finished.

2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it a 10 C.G

3. Karl

Karl Member

What is the name of that woman in the gif ?

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I give it a 9.1. There were some flaws, as mentioned above, but I think they wove the subplots together nicely, wrapping up the Pete/Gabriel/Nicholas arcs. Although I still would have killed Nicholas.

I do agree that the scenes where people magically escape unlikely scenarios weakens the show a bit. They give the main characters an almost immune type feel, that only makes their real deaths seem more ridiculous. Tyreese was able to fight his way out of a crowd of 40 walkers, but then got taken down by a single child. I didn't mind Tyreese's death at all, as I think in the real world many of us would be taken off guard at silly unexpected times just like that, and that would be the end of us. But it does become a bit silly that none of those walkers on top of him in the horde managed to sink their teeth anywhere.

They should have had just one walker fall on Glenn, and then cut away to a different scene. That would be suspenseful enough. And actually credible. There are things that work in the comics that don't work on the show. But I guess Glenn did already manage to push his way through a dense crowd of maybe 2 dozen walkers without getting bit, even though the riot gear leaves many large unprotected spots on his backside.

5. Strife

Strife Member

Katniss Everdeen. Raven Darkhom (Mystique). Rosalyn Rosenfeld.

[​IMG]

JLaw buddy. Jennifer Lawrence.

6. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

I disagree that anything with Morgan was bad, :zombies_lol:

However, that sudden night time after Rick closed the gate was just ridiculous, and Glen getting away with no knowledge of how it happened with his injury, with possibly more than 3 zombies (since usually 3 zombies that close together = lots of zombies) made me give it an 8 as well.

Great episode though.

7. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

I can see that the next season, the reunion between Rick and Morgan is not going to be a happy one. Morgan have adopted a no killing (All life is precious) policy whereas Rick want to kill people if they became a liability. There is going to be conflict between the two of them, if not already as he walked in as Rick oh so eagerly shot Pete. Can't wait to see Morgan kung fu Rick's Coral-pronouncing ass to the ground.

8. saefields

saefields New Member

Great Episode!

9. typicalmoviefan

typicalmoviefan New Member

Almost a perfect episode

I rated it a solid 9/10. With a point deducted because of the samauri sword scene with Morgan. If I have to accept that Morgan is still crazy then at least they could have turned him into a male version of Michonne rather than a Shaolin monk. Lol

Then again, there is another comic character who who hasn't been introduced in the show yet that behaves similarly.

#89 typicalmoviefan, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  10. zombiestop

zombiestop Member

Agree. This season could have been done in three episodes. It had great moments but it feels like the writers are trying to draw out events to fill out entire seasons. This season was stretchhhhhhhhhhhhed...

11. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think 3 episodes is a bit of a stretch ut it definitely could've been done in 7 or 8. We had to introduce Gabriel and finish of the hunters Arc so i'll give 501-503 a pass but 504-508 could've easily been condensed into 2 episodes. I will never understand why we need characters running around for 45 minutes accomplishing nothing only to have one thing happen at the end of the episode. cut out slabtown and atleast half of the Grady scenes and instead have Atlanta episode be trimmed into one or two scenes and we still could've had Coda go down the way it did only without the filler including 'Bob' and the captured officers which ultimately accomplished nothing. Noah was completely pointless so he could've been cut completely and we'd be saved a good episode or two of screentime.

The road to Alexandria was very-much dragged out and a lot of the scenes in alexandria also could've been cut or trimmed down a fair bit. S2 and S3a's prisoner arc also could've probably been cut into one 12 episode season if you cut the filler out of there. The show is built on it and unfortunately the show has fallen into it being almost like a trademark for it. Each season will always have atleast one filler arc and we're just going to have to deal with that.

12. MaggieBadass

MaggieBadass Member

I loved the episode, but it was not the best of the season, that was 5 x 01.

13. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Bang on the money

14. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

I gave it a 9 rating just because Lennie James was in the episode, plus I liked the cold blooded killing of Pete by "Dirty Harry" Rick Grimes.
    Finally Rick has adopted Shane's philosophy totally.
    Awesome episode.