Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by Carl Grimes, Oct 11, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

24 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. 9

29 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. 8

21 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. 7

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

4, only because RIP Eugene.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks CG, thread stickied..

4. jojo

jojo Member

I voted 10 No Sanctuary was my favorite premier so far. Don't think I'll be disappointed this year here's to hoping for a 10. Cheers everyone.

5. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

9.5 because of black and white. It was really weird looking.

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

As a standalone episode it would probably be a 9. But knowing this is the first domino in a long line of f*cked-up dominoes means, to me, this episode is a solid 15.8.

7. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I give it a solid 8/10

Not as good an opening as "No Sanctuary", but certainly better then the season 2, 3 and 4 premieres. There was some creativity to it as well with the way it was structured and had some real tension to it when it got serious. A strong start to the season.

8. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

It was a good episode, but I wish they had devised a more realist plan for the quarry walkers....

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I can't decide yet how keen I am on the black and white. I think I may have done that a bit differently.

But overall, great episode.

10. Left4Jess

Left4Jess New Member

I loved the episode, and I like how they set up the past and present, but the black and white thing did throw me off a bit. For the first 45 minutes I was scared because I didn't see Carol! Lol! All in all I am definitely excited for what is to come.

11. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I give it a 9. I loved how they had some great comedic moments to break up the darkness that envelopes this show so much. Yet there was still plenty of action for those who crave it. They also got a lot of characters into the ep (except for Spencer, Aaron, and Eric for some reason). I hope that they can keep that balance going this season. So far, off to a great start!

Edit: I also dug the black and white. I was a little skeptical at first but by the end I had gotten used to it and appreciated it.

12. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I'm at probably a 7. Wasn't crazy about the B&W b/c not that much time had passed b/w the 2 time frames. I felt like they kept getting close to something dramatic--emotional or physical--and then cutting away. Some of the reviews I'd read (based on the Friday screening) talked about a "jump out of your seat" moment, but I never had one.

It was interesting to see all of the preview moments made clear; e.g.,whom Rick was pointing the gun at and asking, "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

13. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Enough Abraham, Eugene, Tara, Sasha, and Tobin to satisfy me. Also Heath is great. 8.4

14. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I'm giving it an 8. I liked the black and white to clearly and quickly define the timelines. Wasn't as satisfying as No Sanctuary, but I'm thinking the rest of the season will be quality TV. Daryl is looking amazing. I'm glad Glenn got some screen time, but Judith got more time than Carl, so... :/

15. SStark

SStark Active Member

Not enough Hershel.

16. JSF

JSF Member

A solid 8. I liked the black & white time jumps.

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I will give it a 9 - i loved the episode, but i've never really been a fan of black & white ever since colored television was first introduced in 1940. It feels like i'm missing something, or straining to see everything. I do appreciate why they did it though...and it did help with the back and forth timeline.

18. Rust

Rust Member

It was only OK in my opinion. The flashbacks were pretty good, the interpersonal moments were fine, but I still can't understand the plan. Why did they not just set them on fire, or block them in better, I just can't understand the thinking behind it. Overall it was a disappointment for a season opener.

19. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I didn't like the black and white at all, annoyed me, But, the episode was so well done I gave it a 10 anyway. I was tempted to knock down to 8 just for the black and white annoyance.

I guess they figured most viewers wouldn't be able to follow the forward and back in time shifting so much if it was all in color.

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

9.5. As good as a season premier can be..The story was great.. The black & white was BRILLIANT for keeping the timelines in order.. ..anything zombie Always works better in B & W...... Instant TWD classic...
    And Rick F'ing Grimes is now Shane on steroids......Magnificent !!!!