Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you rate this episode?

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by Carl Grimes, Oct 11, 2015.

?

Episode rating?

1. 10

24 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. 9

29 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. 8

21 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. 7

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. 5

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

The true insanity of definition is to keep over and over doing the same things and results different expecting....

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. BatmansHooker

Which is the exact reason I don't understand why Gimple insists on "playing with time."

5. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

LOL.. I don't think one episode is considered Insisting.

6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

You've mistaken insanity for futility, keep trying.

7. BatmansHooker

When you factor in almost the entirety of 5A, and to a lessor extent the non-linear timeline of 4B (although I didn't mind that, personally), it's a lot more than one episode.

Gimple has stated during season 5 and now season 6 that he likes to play with time in the series. It's not really debatable, he's outright stated that he does it regularly. Most of the time, I find that it just doesn't pay off. It was among the most common criticisms I saw here of 5A. Yet he still continues to do it.

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Let's not forget his work on 203, 210 and 509.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I haven't had a problem with any non-linear timeline episodes before, but this particular episode had so many skips it made it so choppy it became unwatchable. Like some Beth fans like her singing, but I bet if you had a whole episode of it even the most die hard fan would get turned off at some point.

Or in the TWD version:

I haven't with some Beth fans any non-linear before, but this particular episode had so many even the most skips it made it became unwatchable. Like like her had so many singing, but I bet if you some point had a whole timeline episodes episode of it get turned off it so choppy die hard fan would at had a problem .

10. BatmansHooker

I agree with your first paragraph, but everything after that is nonsense. Not sure if drunk post.

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It was exactly the same paragraph as the first one, just skipping in time like the episode did.

12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oh, BatmansHooker, I hope you were just joking. I don't want you to have missed out on a good belly laugh. That was one of the most hysterically funny things I've read on this forum, and a lot of you guys are a riot, so that is saying a lot. I laughed in the way that would make people turn around and check me out to see if I was a crazy person if I had been reading that in public.

13. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I have to confess. In my earlier post, I was trying so hard to be positive. The fact is, even on re-watch, I hated this episode more than any episode in the entire series. There was no good story here -- just Rick being Rictatator again, with no insight at all into his psychogloical motive or any ability to figure out what's really going on with him. Everyone else deferring to him, no matter how big a jerk he is, because why? He'll kill them too? Father Gabriel was wrong about Rick and gang? Well, maybe but nothing in this episode told us why.

Other than the fact they are now in imminent, obvious and predictable potentially fatal peril what the heck was the story line in this episode that is leading somewhere to a future -- other than maybe, yet again, our favorite friends are left running for their lives from a destroyed hospice? How does a rock quarry full of thousands and thousands of walkers just happen to get mentioned for the first time now? What a cop out this suddenly appearing out of nowhere problem seems to be.

Gimple has helped produce some really exquisite episodes (and a few stinkers. ) This episode was a stinker. Boring. Illogical. Artsy-Farsty. Out of nowhere, disconnected from the prior story lines. As if all the directors and producers energy went into the rather mediocre FTWD and other than boring the "big herd" scene from S6 of FTWD, little was left for this show. So heck, pay tons of extras to be a mega walker herd and call that fear, tension or excitement -- because they could not think of a real story to tell.

TWD episodes used to vacuum the viewer into the story and make them care about the characters, their peril, their life & death decisions, their rightness, their wrongness, etc. The message boards used to resonate with the debate was over what the characters did, whether they right or wrong, what else they could have tried, etc. -- a supreme survival story of what would you do, what could you do? How will you, how could you live with what you did to survive. This episode did none of this. And nobody is talking about the story -- because there isn't one.

If this show does not get back to some REAL stores, it will lose viewers big time this season. I love this show. I hope this episode was a one-off loser. All said with due respect to those who liked it or loved it. I am glad you did. But, in all honesty, I hated it and am so hoping it is not a harbinger for S6.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I have news for everyone- Rick is now become Shane. If you didn't like Shane, then you are not going to like Rick F'ing Grimes.

15. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Ooo 6/7. It was entertaining but I felt like it was filler because there wasn't too much going before the mega hoarde...!!!

16. Night's King

Night's King New Member

That's exactly why the episode wasn't good or even average. I gave it a 4 only because I like the way they contrasted the timelines with the color & B/W video. The whole episode is basically about a very bad idea that makes no sense doing.

17. Brian and Pris

Good episode. The b/w thing was a bit much but I get why they did it. Gave it a 9.

edit here at this point: I digress, I should had voted much lower on this episode upon further reflection. I got excited because the wife and I had been watching old seasons on Netflix and we just got euphoric about the season finally getting under way. Peeps have made some good points about the Rickatorship as such.
    The Writers do need to give a reason to believe in Rick again. Why is he the best leader instead of Abraham, Carol or Michone, etc. (spoiler. Maybe) I think the upcoming Negan era is going to really, really make him look like a chump so...

#97 Brian and Pris, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  18. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

I thought it was pretty good overall. It really displayed the town's new future well. The problem was the constant Black and White back and forth. I was okay with the B&W to show it was the past, but it switched far too frequently, to the point where they could have just done all the black and white scenes from the start, as non-flashbacks, and shown the episode in a linear manner, with it ending at the same point.

Just seemed pointless, other than to make a buildup for what the plan was. We didn't know what they were doing until late in the episode, but that really wouldn't have made much of a difference either way.

19. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member