Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What Do You Think of Shotguns in MW3?

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by EncryptedCode, Nov 7, 2012.

?

Your views on shotguns in MW3

1. **** those things they need to be taken out of the game!

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Yeah they are a little annoying.

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I don't really mind them.

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. I use one in every match I play! Best weapon class in the game!

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Grigori Weaver

Grigori Weaver New Member

They should have been more like the shotguns of MW2.

Instead the developers nerfed the minimum damage for all of them which dramatically decreased their effectiveness. :facepalm:

I would have honestly preferred they stayed as secondaries even if they were overpowered (they weren't that overpowered) and anyway... there's no reason to use a shotgun as a primary weapon if you can have an assault rifle with a shotgun attachment and be better off for it.

Thankfully though Black Ops II is changing this with the Pick Ten system. Though it would have been nice if they'd implemented more shotguns.

2. Fr33verse

Fr33verse New Member

Hello - I am an avid shotgunner and all I can say is that the only real annoying one to see people running around with is the striker. It's as if it's the only shotgun in the game. I guess it's because it's probably the easiest to use and spam multiple shots with. For me, I get the most satisfaction getting kills with the pump actions and model. Took me awhile to become decent with the different shotties in MW3 and can't wait to try out the ones in BO2! Who's with me!?

3. HORSE SIX ZERO

The only problem with shotguns in CoD is the range. Well, every shotgun I've ever fired IRL, the effective range never changed. From my Remingtons to my Mossbergs to my USPA match grade SPAS 12, the 2.75 inch shell has the same range and damage as any other shotgun. So...it's just the skill of the shooter. I don't know WHAT IW/SH was thinking with them.
    Range is not a proficiency, nor is Damage. You can be proficient at Range and you can upgrade your ammo for more damage, going from Buck to .00 to Slug to Sabot. Slug and Sabot gives you more range, but uh...yeah, they ****ed up with the Shotguns in this game. And, I'm not happy that the Saiga 12 and M1014 weren't brought in and back.

4. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Man talk about necro'ing a thread lol

5. HORSE SIX ZERO

What do you mean necro'ing a thread? We can't speak our opinion? We can't use REAL LIFE comparisons? Compare to other games, etc.?

Who died and made you thread god?

It's called an opinion. Live with it.

And I'll say it again, they ****ed the shotguns, brought back the 1887 for the fanboys and I'm really glad they didn't bring them back in Lame-kimbo, because you do this, go to the range and one arm two 1887's without ripping your shoulders apart!

In the next installment they should set up shotgun as a secondary and do some more research into hit to damage modifiers and range.

If you all remember during the RPG days, you had a certain Die damage to coincide with the shotgun you were using.

If you REALLY want to go in depth, I could tell you from Cyberpunk to Palladium to Twilight 2000 what the damage tables are.

Necro'ing a thread. What you want us to say "AW YEAH MAN! SHOTTIES ARE THE BOOM DIGGITY! WE LOVE USING SHOTITIES! I CAN KILL A GUY FROM ACROSS THE MAP WITH RANGE! WHOO HOO!"

SFTU Noob....bring a point to the discussion or don't say shit.

6. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

You know what it means to necro a thread....right? Regardless why do you have to be so aggressive/abrasive?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I died from a shotgun once.

8. HORSE SIX ZERO

Yes, I know what Necro'ing a thread means.
    And if it's on this board and I have an opinion, I'll state it. Doesn't matter how old the carcass is jackass!

Why? Because I'll tell you why.
    I don't have a problem saying my piece, I don't hold anything back.

I despise when someone comes into a discussion with ZERO talking points but only random drivel.

It's like driving in a white out and some jackass doesn't have their lights on and driving on the other side of the road. AKA being a dumbshit for thinking they're in the right when if they'd get any sharper, they'd be a bowling ball.

That's why.

9. Undercase

Undercase Well-Known Member

The ksgis the worst shotgun in that game not sure why people are ranking it semi high

10. nukeshooter

nukeshooter Active Member

Lol you really do cross the line between saying one's piece and coming off like a douchebag.

I personally hate the model the most. So inconsistent and really only good if you ADS. Even the aa 12 I enjoy with range, silencer and scavenger. Sometimes I throw on assassin too and just troll people by lying in grass or just through a doorway. But yeah striker and usas are the only ones worth using imo.

11. ABUSTLEINYOURHEDGEROW

Yeah, it's funny how people get offended when I come at them with rounds downrange and a no holds barred style of commentary, when I'm actually a pretty cool guy from what my friends and fans of my band say.

Its' a rotten shame they nerfed the AA12 though. Even though I don't have a lot of kills with it, I just pick it up if I'm out of ammo.

The 1887, I still don't know why they bring that gun back.

Another thing I've noticed is that the ranges are different for each shotty. This really isn't true as a 2.75 inch .00 has an effective range of about 50m. If you were using a slug, it would double, and if you used a sabot round, it would be 1.5x distance effective range.

I love my shotguns as much as the other guy. That's why I enjoy them IRL during USPSA matches vs. gaming. :)