Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you think of the 3 questions?

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by raven n, Oct 15, 2013.

1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

How many people have you killed and why? You'll learn a lot from this. If the answer is too perfect you know the person is lying. No one's perfect and cold blooded killers will try to make themselves look like victims that had to kill in self defense. The person's going to have to have a good story for why they've killed people. If they try to make it up on the spot it's going to be obvious. That one question will lead to other questions and if the person is lying it's not going to take long for someone looking for lies to find them. It's not like the persons going to say I killed in self defense and Rick's going to say okay come on in. Rick's going to want details and it's the details that will expose a liar.

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think Rick knows he's going to come across liars and those 3 answers aren't necessarily going to tell him everything, but he can at least read their faces and body language while they answer and get somewhat of an idea.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

But then its not 'just 3 questions' anymore. Its three question with several follow up questions, lol. I think most people who have been living in a ZA for a year or so can come up with a good lie. They have plenty of time to think about it. I think the best way to handle this is to tickle their feetsies until they crack.

4. rabscuttle1

Kitten Mittens! Charlie and Sweet Dee are my two favorite characters from Always Sunny.

5. rabscuttle1

The three questions are just a starting point. Just because Rick didn't clarify that people seem to think those three questions are all he's going to ask. Common sense leads me to believe otherwise. And it's not easy for people to lie when someone's looking them in the eye. I've dealt with lots of shady people in my life, some very accomplished liars, and have very seldom been fooled. Rick is a trained cop and has lived through some heavy shit. I don't think he can easily be fooled. Most people that lie to Rick will go the way of fellas like Tony and Tomas.

6. Neuropyramidal

There are a lot of wonderful liars in the world. They do it successfully everyday. People who live on the run in a ZA and do bad things to stay alive would become excellent liars. Cops get fooled daily too, unless this is Chips. :p

7. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

But how many of them have had to deal with people for any length of time? Most people lose their poker face when they spend too much time alone

8. rabscuttle1

In a ZA it's going to be harder to lie. Sure in the beginning there will be lots of victims of liars. But within a year or two most survivors will have already dealt with liars, and be more likely to spot them. And having to worry about survival will give killers and thieves less time to come up with convincing lies. Tony and his boys in the bar weren't that good at lying and I think that's how most ZA killers and thieves will be. Pretty easy to spot.

9. Neuropyramidal

Actually people lie better under extreme necessity to do so. The dullest TWD fan sitting in their living room could spot that Dave and Tony were up to no good as soon as they opened their mouths. The writers did that purposely. No one was fooled by it, and they weren't even people who were trying to conceal their lie. They wore it on their shoulders. They were mini-tv villains lol. In reality, a person who was lying to survive would not act like that normally.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think the only fool proof way to make sure he doesn't bring back a psycho is to not bring anyone back at all, but Rick told Clara in the woods that he believes the larger the group, the more protection they have. So in order to keep adding to their group he has to take some risk in bringing people back.

Plus i don't think people would necessarily expect those questions so no matter how excellent of a liar they are, they will still be caught off guard and that makes it a little easier to read them.

11. raven n

They thought they had the upper hand. And weren't they part of the Gov's little group of bully boys?

12. Neuropyramidal

I think if someone had killed live people unnecessarily along their journey in a ZA, those are the exact questions they would think about, half just to justify the actions to themselves. They lie to themselves first, and then its easier to lie to others. :p
    But yes, the easiest way would be to reject everybody. But then our chances of finding an expert bacon chef would be nil.

13. rabscuttle1

You're thinking like a person that lives in a relatively safe world where you don't have to deal with killers and thieves on a near daily bases. In a world where you deal with these types nearly every day it would become much easier to spot a lie and much harder to tell a believable one. And under extreme necessity most people crack.

14. Neuropyramidal

No, i'm just thinking rationally. Actually a person who thinks they can tell liars right off the bat is the one thinking like they live in a safe world. :p. I'll make a deal with you, if we are ever partners in a ZA, you operate under the assumption you can tell strangers are lying, and i'll study them more carefully, and we'll go from there. But one thing: if the only thing we can find are beans, then we sleep in separate tents.

15. raven n

You also have to consider one more thing: The more people you bring in means one less Walker made, (got that from the movie WWZ) I know that can backfire, but it also means more eyes to see trouble both without & within & more fighters & protectors for the helpless. If one of the people brought in turns out to be 'bad', they have a higher chance of being noticed by the group & dispatched.

16. raven n

Rick doesn't think he can spot all liars, but the questions are so simple they would trip up people BECAUSE they'e so straight forward. Liars will be looking for subtle questions with underlying traps - a sort of catch 22 - the simpler something seem, the easier it is to get caught in a lie or omission & even if you lie, mist people can't hide all body language. Everyone has a tell, you just have to watch for it & recognize it for what it is. Also most bad guys think other people are dumber than they are.

#56 raven n, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  17. rabscuttle1

I'm thinking like a person that has lived with liars, killers, thieves, and rapists. Most of these type of people aren't as good at lying as people think. When face to face with another man I'm pretty decent at spotting lies. Not perfect, or even close to perfect, but decent. After my experience living with these type of people, if I found myself in a ZA I'd trust a man that told me he killed another man for his food quicker than I'd trust a man that told me he has only killed in self defense.

18. Neuropyramidal

Well they had no reason to lie successfully to you, given the situation. I have dealth with my share of this type of people too, and they actually wanted very badly to lie to me, lol. And they were cunning and good at it. I think we are fooling ourselves to think we have a very high success rate at detecting the lies, and in a ZA we would probably pay for that. But I noticed you ignored my bean ultimatum. Are you saying beans don't affect you?

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what i was thinking...people might expect to have to explain themselves at some point, but i doubt they are expecting 3 questions to be fired off just like that. It's like a job interview...you can prepare and prepare but you never really know what questions they are going to ask.

20. rabscuttle1

Without going into too much of it. Some of these people needed to convince me very badly. I've also witnessed others that failed miserably at convincing some mean fellas of their lies. In prison you get good at recognizing lies or you suffer. And all convicts failed along the way somewhere to lie successfully otherwise they wouldn't be convicts. But none of this matters because in any end of the world scenario I wouldn't be living with others or even close to the remnants of society.

Yes beans affect me. And if we did end up together I agree on the separate tents if all we have are beans.