Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you think of the 3 questions?

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by raven n, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, like I said, in the ZA you assume you can tell they are lying, and i'll study them longer. And I'd still sleep in the same tent with you, even after beans, if it was cold enough and I wanted to hear a nie nie story.

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

In a ZA I'll assume everyone's lying. That's one reason I'll be alone. And sorry to disappoint you but I'm not that good of story teller. Bedtime might be a little dull.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Now you've got it!!. And yes, if you and I were in the same tent together, things would be dull. Unless we had a mixture of tequila and crystal meth.

4. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best, but we live in a world where we tend to make a two-step problem into a tango & that is why the 3 questions trip most people up.

5. rabscuttle1

Not much of difference between a drunk tweaker and a zombie. This might be the key to survival.

6. Kimiko

Kimiko Member

I think Rick is stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to rescuing survivors. He knows he can't go back to the Rickdatorship, but he can't blindly just welcome anyone. Maybe these questions are the best Rick and this "council" they mentioned, could think of?

Its by no means foolproof and I think Rick's group knows that so any new survivor would likely be on a probationary period.

7. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

In a ZA there would be so much more to the questions than simply the questions themselves. Reading the person is key; their behavior before during, and after each question would be crucial. Obviously anyone with no ability to read people should not be attempting this approach. You can tell a lot by someone's behavior. Someone who can read people would be able to determine, with a fairly high percentage of accuracy, whether someone was safe to bring in to the group, or dangerous.

8. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I love Charlie

9. rabscuttle1

Definitely the best character on the show.

10. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

11. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I already commented in this thread, but I'll do it again...

I think the questions are pretty smart. Remember, that these questions are only the gateway. Not only do you have to answer the questions to the councils satisfaction, but you then gotta prove yourself. I'd imagine you'd be watched alot, to be sure you can be trusted.

But yeah, I think they're pretty smart.

For example, the "How Many People have you Killed" question. If someone answered zero, I'm pretty sure the council would be on guard, might be thinking they're full of shit. 1.5-2 years into the apocalypse and they haven't run across any wackos, haven't killed anyone? I think the council DON'T want to hear zero on that question. Easy to catch people out.

12. steenkash

steenkash Member

Questions are a bit pointless if you ask me, a lying manipulative sociopath for example could easily pass the test

13. raven n

Maybe. But the questions are so mundane, they might actually work. Remember, sociopaths think that everyone else is dumber than they are & would see the questions as simple & beneath their intelligence. I've known a couple of sociopaths (unfortunately) & they wouldn't be remotely concerned with the questions - even during the ZA - they would think the person asking was a low-grade moron.

14. steenkash

steenkash Member

Good point Raven, sociopaths are highly narcissistic and most of the time underestimate people. I think The Governor is an example of a sociopath.

15. JimsBeard

JimsBeard Member

I don't think either Rick or the council expects the questions to be foolproof, but they can be a useful way to feel out someone's character.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

That's part of the reason why I don't watch Talking Dead, waste of air time if you ask me.

Not necessarily, I believe some sociopaths simply feel different as they don't see the rest of civilization as below themselves but far apart from the norm. These sociopaths are just as dangerous because they have learned to respect civilization as an equal but contrary part, they see the rest of the world as folks who would do them in if given the chance, perhaps a more paranoid schizophrenic type but I can tell you more than one psychological mindset out there making up what we so call a sociopath.

It is of interest to note that sociopaths with the right outlook can co-exist alongside civilization.

#76 8307c4, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  17. raven n

Very true. Many successful actors are mildly (or not so mildly) sociopathic to varying degrees or else have some form of bi-polar disorder (e.g.: Jim Carey ).
    And then there are the others: The Ted Bundy types (born missing a piece of their soul) who blend perfectly into society - at least before they start to crack & most eventually do- enabling them to do whatever they want with impunity because they are beyond reproach. Some people call them Pure Sociopaths because they seem to have zero ability to see any living thing as real; only as a tool or plaything to be used (i.e. tortured, raped, dismembered etc...) & then discarded. The Pure sociopath IS the most dangerous because they can say anything & have it be believable because the lack empathy (and some say the spark that we call a soul), so they have no tells. They ape humanity, but (at least psychologically) are not part of it 7 would rip it apart if they could get away with it & do it with a smile on their face & a song in their heart.

18. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

So, what are these three questions?

1. What's your name?
    2. How many people in your group?
    3. Do you know how to use a weapon?

Bonus question: Are you a zombie?

19. raven n

Except for the bonus question, no one would answer any of the others in case you were a bad guy.

20. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

That's not exactly true. I'd answer them-- just in a way that says "not to be f*cked with."

1. Nate.
    2. Enough to defend ourselves.
    3. Yes.