Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What do you think the doc told rick before leaving the CDC

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by Loc, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Yum Yum

Yum Yum New Member

Thanks. I didn't realize we were at the halfway point of season 2. I thought Feb. 12th was the season 3 premiere. The only reason I asked was I couldn't believe they would go a whole season without addressing it.

2. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

That there is a McD's on the bottom floor with a full crew, and to meet him for a super-sized Mac Meal @ midnight 'cause he has a 2 for 1 coupon! What other reason can there be to explain why Rick is not around when Shane is trying to open up Lori's treasure box?!?? :shining:

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Well I don't know any of that for sure, it's more of a guess on my part. But either way, I'm with you in that I hope it's reveled soon.

4. Heathy

Heathy New Member

I guess since it was hinted at with the walkie-talkie scene at the beginning of S2, i believe it will be revealed at the end of this season.

my guess, after thinking about what he could of said that would fit.

There is only one thing that comes to mind for me, he told Rick to start again, there is no way anything is getting back to normal, so basically if he wants to live out the rest of his days, the best thing to do, find somewhere remote and setup home, recreate civilization so to speak.. that or go to France and see if they found the cure, bit doubtful on that one though.

why this makes sense to me, I didn't read the comic myself either so, having the bomb about everyone being infected anyway could stir up some emotion, but during this season you see Rick focusing on trying to settle down, it all points to the fact that, it doesn't matter where they go, they won't find anywhere without walkers.

It's the bluntest of the truths.

#64 Heathy, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. loco

loco Member

So I was curious if we could actually hear anything of what Jenner said to Rick in his ear. Even if it's just some jibberish BS that may occur when you're acting out the part. So I recorded it onto my computer and used the EQ settings in my audio program and this is what Jenner said, also listen to it here and discuss...

6. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I find this hard to believe...I don't think they recorded anything, because it was meant to not be known. I don't think they left it open to sound engineering tricks to discover...

7. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

After watching the episode I thought it was "some people will be immune" but after reading all the other posts that idea is shot to Hell!

8. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Right on Sweetsister, has anyone else who knows what happens in Better Angels thought about that??

Unless of course it was in the heat of passion and Rick merely forgot about that while that was being done.

Making me wonder again!!!! Thinking of this while posting the
    in another thread!!

Hehehe, I think I may be abusing the spoiler tags!!!!!

9. dlhays1

dlhays1 Member

well

I read ALL the spoilers. lol I want to know.

10. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

It definitely sounds like that is what he says. I don't remember where now(maybe on amctv.com), but in an interview, Andrew Lincoln said that Jenner did actually whisper in his ear and not just mumble some made up BS.

11. turbo6

turbo6 Member

As far as people possessing immunity to this...

Well, I wouldn't rule the idea out but I don't think Jenner said that to Rick.

In a way, I think its plausible that someone like Rick or maybe another character else is immune to this. But on the other hand, when Jenner mentioned there was "nothing surprising" about everyone's blood sample, I'm starting to think he meant "Yep. Your all infected just like I thought."

Plus, even with immunity, it really doesn't change the game enough to make it seem like a worthwhile plot device. Sure, knowing that you will die and not come back as a savage zombie would put your mind at ease a bit but, that doesn't change you are still fighting for your life against hordes of the undead.

Coming back as a walker regardless of how you die, on the other hand, is such a dark concept that if Jenner did mention this - its a huge downer for all the survivors left. As if things weren't miserable enough in this new world.

12. Ewan

Ewan Member

Something to do wit his wife or maybe something about a survival camp? All I can think of.

13. Davydenko

Davydenko New Member

I definitely think it's about his -pregnant- wife!