Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What Do You Think Will Happen With Daryl And Merle

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by Phenton123, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

2. mikes214

mikes214 New Member

I dont know, but I cant wait to find out. The whole Daryl/Merle reunion has been of interest to me for a while now!

3. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

Yeh i hope they both survive

4. mikes214

mikes214 New Member

Im 99% sure they will survive. There will be some weird twist as always though. Like Daryl will be seriously injured, and Merle will have no choice but to turn to the prison for help. Or the other way around - Merle will get messed up and Daryl will take him back to get help from Hershel. And everyone will flip out like "ahhhh whyd you bring Merle here Ewwwww". lol

5. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Oh, I think it's pretty clear the Dixon boys are going to the gladiator arena:hatchet:

6. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

Daryl Survives though:D

7. ChokeHldsIllegal

That is what I thought as well!!! The Governor was red hot fire engine pissed at Merle for lying about killing Michonne. He definitely wants to hurt him in as many ways as possible and putting his own life against his brothers seems pretty brutal and Governor like to me... However, I wonder if he has more important fish to fry...

8. walktheline

walktheline New Member

We saw in the preview that Daryl survives. I hope Merle will make it too, he's such a lovely badass villain.

9. d.void

d.void New Member

The Governor said something about taking Maggie and Glen to the 'screamer pits' (?)...I'm thinking a pit full of zombies and that is where he'll drop Daryl and Merle.

10. DeafManWalks

DeafManWalks Member

I saw that too... At least we know that Daryl and Merle survive the pit. Don't know about the rest of the next episode.
    :zombies_nosmile:

11. Leburn98

Leburn98 New Member

I see it going one of two ways:

1. The Governor and Merle are still working together:

Considering the genuine anger the Governor appeared to have towards Merle, and the pissed off look Merle give him, this may not be true at all. However, it would not surprise me if all of this 'Merle is one of the terrorist' is nothing more than a ruse to get a mole into the prison.

2. Merle and Daryl escape to the prison:

In this scenario, the Governor is seriously pissed at Merle for lying about Michonne and has fed him to the wolves (so to speak). The Governor needed a reason to make the people of Woodbury hate Rick and the gang and the best is to call Merle a terrorist and blame him as the mole that started the attack. This in turn hides the fact that the real reason that Rick and the gang attacked the town was simply to rescue two of their own.

In this one I believe Rick and/or Michonne will go back to rescue Daryl and Daryl will plead with Rick to bring Merle along. Rick will agree. This in turn could change the way Merle perceives Rick since he has risked everything to save his brother.

I do believe in both scenarios that Merle will die, most likely saving the life of his younger brother, thus redeeming himself. When this happens ultimately depends on when the assault on the prison occurs.

12. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I have a really hard time believing that the Rick of this season would ever bring Merle back to the prison no matter how much Daryl begged him to.

13. Zombie Guts

Zombie Guts Member

It would be smart to make Merle a double agent inside the prison, but the Governor has kept questioning his loyalty when it has been just the two of them and the Governor does not seem like a guy that forgives people. Possible, but not likely. I do expect Merle to sacrifice himself at some point though.

14. ggill09

ggill09 Member

Its gonna be awesome to see what happens when it comes back!! I think some kind of rescue is done again. I thought I saw smoke in the previews like the ones that Team Prison used 5 min before hand.

Also, who noticed the one guy holding daryls crossbow?! He is a dead man. There is no way Daryl is leaving without that thing!!

15. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I didn't notice the crossbow. OMG - yes, that man is a goner!

I can't wait to see Daryl and Merle share screen time.

16. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

My opinion

17. manichewan

manichewan New Member

it was obvious from the preview that they both survive, which is good. brings some good drama to the group. especially now that tyreese has shown up.

i was however disappointed during the govenor's speech they showed that one guy carrying a crossbow. the moment i saw that, i knew they had captured daryl. and the govenor had spoke for a good while. they should have given that guy a rifle, and one of the guys bringing daryl in, carrying it instead. it would have made the scene so much better IMO.

18. Laura 61377

Laura 61377 New Member

Yup, exactly what I thought.

19. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I can see Merle making it to the prison, but I don't think he will last long after that. I kind of want to hear him say some "spear chucker" comment with Tyrese around the corner. Then... Merle gets pwned.

20. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I'd like to see the Dixon brothers escape Woodbury. But ultimately I would love to see a situation where Merl would literally kill himself to come back as a walker to save Daryl's life. I think that would be the ultimate redemption for Merl.