Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

what does the symbol the army spraypainted mean?

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Damaniel, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

I remember reading about this before, but my memory is... not good.

They spraypainted an "X" on the house, and put a number in one of the quadrants. I believe one of the quadrants means occupancy...? What would other numbers mean?

Bonus question: Did they show this in a different episode of TWD? I'm almost positive I saw this in some other show. **edit** Maybe I saw it in a video game, like Last of Us...?

#1 Damaniel, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. dontusethezword

It's the same as those that appear in The Walking Dead game and, from what I've heard since I haven't read them, the comics. Also seen in the suburbs of the game The Last of Us. Can't seem to find it again, but the explanation I read was that the quadrants indicate: the date the building was inspected (top quadrant), number of survivors (bottom I think?), number of infected (right?), and maybe supplies available (left).

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That is the marking for FEMA to analyze. On the left goes the branch of the military that drew it. In this case the Ca national guard. He was starting go write a C I think. On the top goes the date. On the right goes the hazard, such as contaminated water, etc. On the bottom goes the number off occupants, living and dead.

4. Znuts

Znuts Member

I noticed this as well and then realized it looks a lot like what the National Guard/FEMA used on house after Katrina in NOLA. It's the little details like this in this show that keep me on my toes and keep me interested.

5. Maeva

Maeva Member

Was just going to mention Katrina. I remember seeing those things put on houses in NOLA too.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Infected. Burn it down.

8. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

FEMA made those markings on the houses in my town after that bitch Sandy rolled through. They had different colors. I think one meant the house was cleared to enter and one was to mark a demolition.

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I liked how hey showed the military locking down the community and marking the houses and we had the two polar opposite reactions. The more naive Travis said everything was going to be okay now, and Daniel (with experience in a crumbling society in El Salvador) saw the military's actions as the beginning of the end.