Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What does the title "Pillar of Salt" refer to?

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Pillar of Salt' started by Poppy, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Poppy

Poppy Member

I can't think of any mention of Salt in the show, and started wondering... where did that title come from?

What do you think is the MEANING of the show title?

The escape from Sodom and Gomorrah of Lot and his wife? She looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorrah
    Did I miss something in the text of the show?
    OR how do you think it ties in with the bible.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I totally saw this as a foreshadow of La Colonia becoming or already being (only masked) Sodom and Gomorrah-like. The family leaving as Lot and his wife. It's the start of a massive fall in my opinion.

3. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I once knew a girl named Pilar and if she were a Pilar of Salt, I'd like a lick...

4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I could only come up with a "don't look back" theme. Lot's wife stopped to look back at the destruction and was then consumed by it. Jessica's mother, Madison, Ofelia...are all caught up in past events? [MENTION=3634]PepperAnn[/MENTION] - I like your theory better : )

5. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I think her turning the lights on is her "looking back" and focusing on the past...that's the best I got...

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it was the general theme of people leaving a community [Colonia/Sodom], combined with Madison 'looking back' and trying to retain her grasp on Nick. She became a pillar of salt..she became stupid. Ofelia also looked back [to her fiance] and now she's all alone and has lost the group.

7. walkon

walkon Active Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. . . Don't look back. The bride's mother looked back and that could have brought death to Strand. Maddie's backward look could get them all killed if people flood into her light switch backwards glance. Her backwards glance also put Nick in danger when she interrupted the interrogation of the couple and their child. Orphelia's boyfriend might be married by now and she risks death hunting for him all alone. Move foward. Don't look back, think back, or act back.

8. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

pretty sure it refers to Madison and her escapade at the gangster's settlement