Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What happen to Ana and Sam?

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by Franklin, Nov 4, 2013.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sam is more than likely dead..

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

After two years in that world he was still more useless than the redshirts in the Atlanta camp

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep, after two years in a ZA you'd think they would have learned something useful about avoiding walkers..

4. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Or would have learnt how to shoot

5. LeChuck

LeChuck Member

No way he's dead. He's got Rick's watch.

6. Komodia

Komodia Member

That's all I think had happened, they just missed some details.

7. fiveone4

fiveone4 Member

Maybe he wasn't letting on to how skilled and or smart he might actually be.

8. zipykido

zipykido Member

There wasn't anybody around to see how skilled or smart they were. I think they should have been able to take down one walker since they did have 12 bullets and knives, although Sam did have a dislocated shoulder.

9. Darylette

Darylette Member

I totally agree that there's more to this story. I don't buy that they'd stay hidden in a bathroom for two days eating only fruit (did they have any water?) when they needed to try and locate their group. I also don't buy that they wouldn't just kill the walker, there's only one and it wouldn't be hard to kill it. If after two years they can't kill one lousy walker then they're absolutely useless and wouldn't have lasted two years. They were also happy to split up to search, Sam said he'd check houses andAna said she'd get fruit....if they're that useless why split?

I also think that there's something up with Ana dying. Surely she would have screamed and screamed if she was being attacked? It doesn't make sense that her leg would be nicely severed, the basket dropped and then there would be no trail of blood. I know mistakes get made in making the show but that's very big holes.

Did anyone notice the photos Bob was looking at when they were in the store? It was about 20 minutes in. I can't be sure but I think Sam may have been in them, when I pause it's blurry so I'm not sure. The camera zooms in on them which indicates they have significance somehow.

10. Occupied_France

Occupied_France New Member

It seems that whenever Rick hands somebody something, they end up somewhere down the line very messed up and relatively insane. The same happened with the Walkie-Talkie in Season 1. But they do return. The watch is a plot device, no doubt.

I don't believe that Ana's death was 100% natural. I mean, you can't mess up that scene in such a way unintentionally. Especially when people are constantly dissecting the show trying to weed out things exactly like that.

People are of the belief that because these "spaced-out-hippies" as one review I've read has called them seemed naive and accident prone initially, they must have absolutely no survival skills.

You don't get 2 years into a ZA with no experience. Also, not a single character thus far has lived up to their first encounter i.e. The Gov, Michonne, The Dixons etc etc.

Then again maybe it's hard to believe that such naivety and innocence still existed in the World and that two people who survived so long as vestiges of a days gone by had come to such an ignominious end.

Picking tomatoes? No. It just doesn't sit right at all. Something is going on there.

11. Jinx

Jinx Member

Yeah, there's something fishy going on.

Just when I saw the leg I knew it. The cut was very nice. It's not like walkers use the knifes. -_-
    Hmpfff... :S

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They could've easily survived the past couple of years. Look at all of the people from Woodbury. They were insulated there while the Governor and a select few did the dirty work. If the prison group became decimated by the illness leaving only Beth and the baby alive, she'd be in the same situation. And I believe Ana and Sam mentioned they had lost their old group.

13. mfinley

mfinley Member

What were they hiding in the bathroom?

Oh and here is a piece of fruit - tossed down the stairs to land at your feet, you stoop to pick it up and momentarily take your gun off of Sam and what would have happened then?

Those two were doing something in that bathroom, probably a murdered person in the bathtub.:hatchet:

They just seem untrustworthy and up to something.

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean that Sam attacked/killed her though, there's no evidence to suggest that either. I would agree that she wasn't initially taken out by walkers, but the rest of your theory seems shaky at best. They both could have been ambushed by the walkers. They pig-piled onto Ana and Sam freaks out because he's kind of a moron. He runs off looking for Rick without firing his gun, because.... he's a moron. As for whether or not he's still alive, who knows?

But let's get back to Ana. The walkers attack her but she manages to almost break free. However they are biting at her ankle and she does not have the strength to pull free because it's injured AND wounded. In the process of all that, she losses her gun which is very plausible. She then breaks free for a moment where her survival instincts kick in ans she tries to escape. She then hobbles along across the street but she collapses from blood loss, or because she's basically slower than a walker due to intense pain and lack of mobility. Then the walkers had their way with her.

And you've still failed to address why Sam would have ALL OF A SUDDEN decide to attack Ana AFTER they spent two days alone in a bathroom. If he really wanted her gone, he would have pulled a Shane and her up to the walker across the hall from the bathroom and then easily gotten away. What you're basically suggesting, is that he had the perfect opportunity to off her when they were alone, but he decided to pass that up for a more "devious" chance to kill her when they are presumably rescued. YEAH! I'm definitely not buying that.

#54 Jama, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The unfortunate thing about this scene is that there is no good way to explain it. Every idea has major flaws. If the walkers killed her, how is the leg severed so neatly and the body so far from the leg? If Sam or someone else did it, why is there no blood trail, and why would he cut her leg off instead of just stabbing her? And again, why body so far from leg? If the leg was evil and had a mind of its own, then why didn't it make its getaway before being seen by Rick and Carol?? There's just no good way to explain this scene.

16. Franklin

Franklin Member

My theory is not shaky. My theory is spot on. Your post is completely illogical.

Ana did not scream or fire her gun. Rick and Carol was nearby to hear her screams. This proves that something wrong happen. Someone she trusted unexpectedly harmed her. If she was bit while living then she would have screamed. That never happen.

The leg wasn't bit. It was evenly removed from her body. This shows that it was cut off. There were no bite marks.

Ana didn't hobbled across the street. There is NO blood or guts between the leg and the body. Thus, it was IMPOSSIBLE for her to hobble across the street. Most importantly, both her legs had problems. It was impossible for her to hobble.

Why would Sam kill Ana? Why did the Governor kill innocent people? Why did the Governor kill his own people? This is an insane world with insane people. I don't need to go further into this aspect.

17. Franklin

Franklin Member

There are no flaws to my theory.

There was a blood trail. The blood trail appeared first, then the leg, and finally her body. Sam carried Ana to the sidewalk to cover up his crime or to distract Walkers nearby.

Sam could be insane like the Governor. Thus, he didn't need a good reason to kill her. Why did he cut off her leg? He wanted her to suffer just like how The Governor made Andrea suffer.

18. Neuropyramidal

Sorry, there are still a lot of flaws to that theory. Cutting a leg off is cutting the femoral artery, her body would have bled all the way to its destination. And the idea of him cutting her leg of randomly, which actually is not an easy thing to do. To completely severe a leg that cleanly is difficult, is not really believable.

19. Franklin

Franklin Member

In other words............nothing makes sense. Someone please call The Talking Dead next week to resolve this problem.

20. Neuropyramidal

Now you are getting it. :p