Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What happen to Ana and Sam?

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by Franklin, Nov 4, 2013.

1. mfinley

mfinley Member

Because they really didn't spend 2 days in a bathroom hiding from a single walker?

I have a hard time buying much of their story. I don't think they are or were really boy friend and girl friend.

What if Sam was holding her hostage, had forced her into the house when Rick and Carol pulled into the Cul De Sac, discovered there was a walker in the house and didn't want to shoot him or stab him because of the noise, so forced Ana into the bathroom and pulled the door close and told her to shut up and not say a word or he would kill her.

Then the scene proceeds as you saw it in the show, they come out and she goes along with his story so he won't kill Rick and Carol.

Later on, after Rick and Carol leave them, he grabs her and tells her, good job, you're lucky you kept your mouth shut...

from there I don't know what exaclty could have happened, but if you've got Sam as a killer or canibal, then you can maybe piece together her death easier... maybe killer her and cut her leg off to eat her and somehow had to run off so he left her alive, she dragged herself across the yard and the walkers got her

2. Walkergumbo

Walkergumbo Member

I don't understand why the walkers would drag a body across the street to eat it. In just about every attack it's like a swarm of pirahnas with no real pulling like you see in a pride of lions feeding. Why didn't they just eat her in the yard?

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

On your hypothetical killer. Why does he cut off her leg exactly? That would give her time to scream. Why not just bash her head in with the pistol butt? Or do a Carol and stab her in the ear?

After you kill her, why drag her body out to the middle of the driveway? If there are walkers around and they see you, they'll walk over to YOU, you don't have to go to them!

And why leave the leg?

Nope, here's what happened. Some walkers surprised Ana in the backyard. She tried getting away, but is slower than a walker, apparently. She doesn't remember the gun, or can't figure out how to use it. Maybe Rick didn't have a round in the chamber. Anyway, she makes it to the gate where she falls mostly over it, but the walkers grab her leg and tear into it. She keeps struggling and eventually they sever it. now free from the leg, she starts crawling away, and the walkers follow, catching up to her in the driveway and eating her.

Case closed.

#63 Morgotha, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  4. Darylette

Darylette Member

How about someone killed her, cut off the leg afterwards to make it look more walkery and leave a trail for them to follow? I know it's not the best theory but it's just not making sense here.

In fact, no theory is making 100% sense so I'm now wondering if it's just a **** up on TWD's part.

5. BoneDryFingers

Are yous all forgetting he had a dislocated shoulder? and he mite of needed her at the time because of his injury

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

You are wrong about the Walkers' behavior. Sometimes you have to go to them for them to notice you. Remember the bar Walker who tried to grab Carl. Carl unknowingly went to him and it woke him up. Also remember how Hershel lost his leg. HE WALKED TO THE WALKER. The Walker DID NOT go to him.

Your version of the story is illogical, and has no grounds. Ana knows how to use a gun. She told Rick that she and Sam were bad shooters. It takes them 5 shoots to kill a Walker. Secondly, nobody would forget that they have TWO GUNS. It is extremely doubtful that both people would forget that they have weapons in a Zombie world.

A Walker cannot surprised someone from that angel. You can see the fruit ahead of you. The path must have been cleared of Walkers. It's not like she walked into a random room. She was outside where a person can detect Walkers easier in a neighborhood.

What if a Walker noticed them and walked behind them? Ana and Sam would have heard its footsteps. Walkers are always growling near its prey.

7. Franklin

Franklin Member

Carol fixed his shoulder. It was just sore after she popped it back into place. Noticed of how he was moving his arm after Carol fixed him up. Secondly, he had one good arm to use for the gun.

8. Morgotha

Are you suggesting that the couple of walkers that were eating her in the driveway were just standing there and someone dragged her body over to them? That sounds pretty far fetched to me.

on second para, you're forgetting that Ana and Sam went to different places. They weren't together pooling their resources and "abilities". It was her by herself. And if she was gimping away from a walker that was hidden in the tomatoes and surprised her and it almost caught her, do you really think it's impossible she couldn't figure out the safety on a gun she's never handled before? While she's trying to hobble along full tilt and not fall over?

9. BoneDryFingers

Im on about before it was fixed..the reason he kept her alive cause he needed her

10. joshred4

joshred4 Member

I really don't think Rick gave them unloaded guns. He actually wanted them to stay in the house till him and Carol returned.

My guess is that for whatever reason, Sam cut the leg off. Maybe to stop a bite from spreading? But then again, there were no visible bites on the leg. This whole situation is going to be interesting as well...along with how Rick will break the Carol news to the group.

11. Morgotha

But they got together when he saved her from being trampled! A month later he kills her? What happened, did she cut into his X-Box time too much?

12. Franklin

Franklin Member

The Governor saved a national guard soldier, and killed him. Don't trust anybody.

13. Franklin

Franklin Member

They said they were going to different places. However, Sam could have lied and followed Ana.

Did I say Sam directly handed her body to Walkers? NO! I said that he placed her body there to distract nearby Walkers.

14. BoneDryFingers

I said in another post mybe she went over on her leg again and broke it and sam seen the zombies coming and he cut the leg off her and left her to the zombies..And he ran across the road and planted the leg at gate and threw afew apples on ground to make it look like zombies got her.

15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

But the zombies did get her in that scenario. So why would he have to plant things to make it look like what actually happened? And do you really think that in that scenario he would have time to cut off her leg? Did he have a chain saw or something? It took a while for Rick to cut off Hershel's leg, and he had a sharp axe!

16. rustybag

rustybag Member

Ha! Yes! and maybe less time playing Xbox and more time watching Scooby Doo would have helped. Then they would have learned, it's a horrible idea to split up, especially when you can't even kill one walker when together!

I think you are right, tink. The location of the dropped fruit, leg & body were odd, but it could very well have been a lapse on the writers' part. Anything else is theorizing & jumping to conclusions at this point. Evidence otherwise was just not provided.

#76 rustybag, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  17. youroldpalmerle

The trail of blood IMO, is a way for the show to tell us that she was not killed by the walkers in that spot, much like the trail of blood in the prison when Karen and that other guy were killed.

Here's my take on it:

We did not see any bite from a walker, but we don't really know that it isn't there. Rick and Carol did not turn the leg over to see if there was a bite or scratch. I am going to assume that we really don't know if she was bit or scratched. If they wanted us to know for sure that she wasn't they would have had them flip the leg over using a stick or something.

I think she was grabbed by a walker, thought she was bit or scratched, and cut off her own leg to save her life. It isn't that far fetched to assume that a poorly healed leg injury could cause her to have decreased or altered sensation, so maybe if she was grabbed she thought she was bit, or, because of nerve damage, a grab could have felt like a bite. If she was being chased by walkers, she wouldn't have time to stop and check, and maybe from experience she knows that if you are bit you can cut off that limb and survive. After she cut her own leg off, she bled out and either died or passed out where she was found. A person who is injured and runs loses blood faster because of the heart beating faster and pumping blood more efficiently. Unfortunately, the walkers found her before Sam, Carol or Rick.

Sam either didn't make it out himself, maybe he was attacked in a house and his screams couldn't be heard, or he was attacked from the back and killed nearly instantly with a bite to the neck like we have seen before. I would think that if he were to kill her and escape that he would have stolen one of the cars and took off.

18. LeChuck

LeChuck Member

Are you suggesting she was running and cutting off her leg at the same time?

19. Morgotha

Probably hopping on her good leg and cutting off the bad one? One very tough, if stupid, gal to be sure!

20. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

Lol I can tell this leg incident is gonna be like the zombie that ate Lori incident last season.