Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What happened with Dwight

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by TROR, Mar 20, 2016.

1. TROR

TROR Member

So we last saw Dwight back in episode 6. In that episode, he was running from Negan's men. He then stole Daryl's bike and crossbow and went off. Assuming between then and now, he got captured and received the iron, why is he now leading a group of Negan's men? Doesn't that just seem a bit strange? He runs from a group of abusive and murderous people, only to come back a few episodes later and be one of them. And what does he have against Daryl, anyway? Daryl offered to help him, and then Dwight screwed him over. Dammit, I hate Dwight. At least he somewhat made sense in the comic. Hopefully Daryl slits his throat if he doesn't get his head smashed in first.

2. Flindo

Flindo New Member

is been like 4 months since that happened in the storyline anything could have happened in that time to promote him.

3. EvieE

EvieE Member

I wondered about the change in demeanor as well, but I think it was a matter of him not wanting to be weak in front of his crew. He could have also been desperate to get away from Negan because of the woman he was with the first time. Maybe he realizes that in order to survive he has to adapt. I think he probably hates that Daryl didn't actually kill him because he has to deal with Negan.

4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Was his faced burned before too?

5. jojo

jojo Member

No it wasn't

6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

that literally made me LOL
    :zombies_lol:

7. Flindo

Flindo New Member

its very obvious to me when people have never read the comics before lol.

8. BigBlue

BigBlue Member

If I remember correctly, Dwight is the biggest POS, cowardly, bitch in the entire comics.

As for tonight's show, I agree. I hope D gets a very disturbing death, but I also think we might see this douche play both sides for awhile.

I'll agree that Dwight hating Daryl on the TV show doesn't make much sense. I think it's all about Dwight being the POS that he is.

9. TROR

TROR Member

I've read the comics m8, but just because that's how he is in the comics doesn't mean it makes perfect sense with what we've seen in the show. I do hate him way more in the show than I have in the entirety of the comic series tho.

10. Inspector_Swag

I actually really like that Dwight becomes a bad guy. TWD always does a lot of unrealistic, Hollywood character moments. In this world, with his options, it would be highly probable he becomes the enemy. I like it. It was the best part of last night seeing his skinny, pale, tattooed ass. . . and dick.

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Was it Negan he ran from earlier? What the hell? It looked like a Governor Mark 2 type and not a biker psycho like Negan.

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

my guess is that Negan has his girl... maybe she wanted to stay back there or something, but he's probably doing this because he more or less has no choice. he's also kind of a dick.

13. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Lol, me too. Dwight pissed me the f*ck off tonight with each line of dialogue. Hats off to his actor, though.

14. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I can see a bit of something down the line though. If Daryl
    After all, Daryl was downright kind to him in lieu of what he could have been... There may be some sympathy towards Rick's group, as Dwight has seen kindness out of their ranks already.

15. YR38

YR38 Member

I actually love what they did with Dwight in the TV show. I like that we saw him before the Saviors were officially introduced, showing him running away from him. I think it changes the story of how he got his face ironed. Instead of it being because he was wth his girl, once Dwight was captured again Negan likely ironed his face to put him in his place and have him fall in place. After that Dwight just accepts it and becomes a strong fighter and one of Negan's most valuable soldiers. Then maybe seeing Daryl and the rest of the group reminds him of what Daryl tried to do for him and that he wasn't lying, making him want to help their side

16. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I'd like it if the show reveals some of Dwight's story. How did he become one of the Saviors, and how did he become Melty McFace?

I wonder if we'll get a Scooby-Doo moment and find out who this really is.

17. Calloway70

Calloway70 Member

That fits his character on the show pretty well, too. I took it as he blames Daryl for giving him even momentary hope that he could escape Negan and the Saviors, and he hates Daryl for that. Hates Daryl almost as much as he hates himself at this point.

18. yuke

yuke Member

I was thinking Dwight missed Daryl on purpose because of his relationship with Daryl, but he couldn't be vocal about it which is why he acted like a jerk.

19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This is what I took from it too.
    He has to look strong on front of the rest of his gang but maybe Daryl gets a chance because Dwight knows that he owes Daryl one from the last time?

I don't read the Comics and am happy about it.

20. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Maybe it will have something to do with that wooden soldier Daryl found in that satchel? Either Dwight carved it himself or it belonged to a member of his family like his father or someone.