Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Zombies What I don't like about what 3arc have done with the new maps

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by BlackOps, Aug 19, 2013.

1. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

With the new maps the think I hate is how you can't play public match because there's too much stuff that needs doing to get started. Don't think I'm a noob as I find buried very easy and normally get jugg in round 1 and stuff but people in public match shoot him and don't know what they're doing.

Same with motd I saw people go into afterlife and spent the whole time trying to shoot a barrier to repair it. What I loved about Bo was you could go on a public match and get to round 30 because they didn't require any huge tasks to do stuff. You just open a few doors, turn on power, open maybe some more, buy jugg then hi the box.

Now you have to do all this stuff like freeing Leroy and people on public match have no idea. It's really annoying because you need Leroy to get jugg. I played a game last night and I kept trying to give Leroy candy and people either used the box as I gave it him so he rerolled it but I was trying to get it to stay still.

Basically I hope the next map is classic and simple (fat chance tho)

2. gmaat3

gmaat3 Active Member

My problem with Buried is that it is too gimmicky. It's a trend that we've seen with all of the BO2 maps--Tranzit with the bus/fog/denizens, Die rise with the elevators, MotD with the afterlife, and even Nuketown with the random falling perks to an extent--but I feel like Buried is the worst offender of them all.

Straight up, I hate the giant. I don't like having to rely on him in order to access basic areas of the map. It's time consuming and frankly just a headache. I don't want to have to find the booze (or even buy a new one for $1000) just so I can open up areas that contain useful items and perks. I think MotD walked a fine line with the afterlife and needing to go into it to open up areas and perk machines, but in my opinion, afterlife worked really well. It was a gimmick in it's own way, but didn't feel like a total PITA like feeding booze/candy to the giant to accomplish certain things.

Buried, more than any other map, really deters from the classic formula--kill zombies, get points, open doors, turn on power, get perks, kill some more. Now in addition to spending money on doors, I have to cater to a big AI character just to access areas that contain perks like jugg or double tap. In my opinion, it's time consuming and unnecessary.

It makes the map feel a lot less fluid. Opening up all the areas is an ordeal (I still haven't opened everything in one game, at a certain point I just say f*ck it) and the map itself kind of feels like navigating a bunch of one way streets. I don't like having to go through the haunted house, deal with the ghosts, traverse through the maze to pack-a-punch, and then jump through hoops again just to get back to the "main" area. Yes, you can make the process a little easier with the paralyzer and taking shortcuts, but it isn't a perfect solution--you still will need the big guy to open stuff no matter what.

I could probably keep going, but I'll cut myself off now. Overall the map makes me feel restricted as a player--that I have to follow a certain procedure and do things a particular way. I don't like that. Zombies is supposed to be something everyone can play the way they want. When it comes to giving freedom to the players, I think Buried fails miserably.

• Like Like x 1
  3. esmittystud101

esmittystud101 Active Member

Points taken. It does take a little while to get the map opened up at first. I still love the map though. Timebomb to max out my bank. Like four buildables. Leroy to do everything for me including "here boy take this crawler for me, and don't you drop him." I guess I'm just seeing the brighter points on this map. The way I see it, these maps never end, I mean really, can't most of us play one game and were on for like 3-4 hours for that one game. So you need to clear out barriers, takes like 5-8 min. on a 3-4- hour long game. Don't play with randoms either. Look, a random quits on you on rounds 20-30. Are you really that surprised? :) I like how Jugg, and the box are right next to each other just in case I go down.

4. Horo

Horo Active Member

Sadly they just keep ****ing up when it comes to new zombies map.

5. King Dave

King Dave Member

It's true that the newer maps fail miserably in the simplicity department. I've found myself having to literally pause mid-game just to google how to do something in fact of I've only just got my head around MOTD and Buried. There was absolutely no need to derail from the spend points to open vital parts of the Map system. The only thing I did like was the plane from MOTD, since it lead to the bridge which was an really good train spot.

6. Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

I dont mind the buildables and i get a laugh at leroy sometimes. i do however hate it when players inhibit progress by shooting the dummy. i like to have him open everything on round 1 and build a few things. then i can be done with him. that way i just pay 1g per door. I dont like chasing around the map looking for the key to let him out again. also i dont open up the general store that way or the sweet shop. thats 5 doors i dont need to open so it balances out.

7. og mgriddles

og mgriddles Member

I like to play public sometimes. Buried is way to damn easy therefore i need 3 people making the game harder for me to make it interesting sometimes. I played public mob all the time always a crapshow.

8. Nin10gamer

Nin10gamer New Member

You just need to find the right people. If you play with someone who knows what they are doing and can last long rounds add them to your friends list so you can play with guaranteed people that won't let you down.

9. lazydad

lazydad Member

I agree with most of these points. I don't mind Treyarch adding in new stuff to spice things up but it would be good to have a few maps which are simple, like the old BO1 maps. Also the EEs are getting really annoying to complete.

10. complex invalid

what i don't like is how they went away from the creepy vibe they had in the waw maps. bring back the dull colors and creepy environment. take out stupid trash like the big guy (at least you can lock him up) , witches (at least you can control when they come out), little things on the ground that attack you like the nova stuff, and go back to when zombies was a beast game in verruckt and SNN.

the old maps felt more "adult" oriented while the new maps ever since call of the dead, probably before, felt like everything was put into the game to make little kids squeal with happiness instead of fear.

although i will admit, the maps since die rise has been at least "attempting" to bring back a creep factor.

11. Ging2487

Ging2487 Member

I feel that some of the stuff that's been added into the new maps (Tranzit to Buried) is grooming the casual player so they'll want to complete the Easter Eggs.

12. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

I think that was the point, don't you think the "classic formula" was getting a little stale?

13. lazydad

lazydad Member

There has been a gradual evolution away from the old formula. BO1 maps had elements of the WaW maps but built on them with some fine additions. The changes in BO2 have gone even further, so the maps are virtually unrecognisable from WaW.
    The one thing I have noticed is that I don't play the BO2 Zombie maps anywhere near as much as I played the BO1 maps. WIth Buried, I lost interest really quickly and I have no real excitement for Origins.

14. complex invalid

Exactly. This trying to make this into a puzzle game. It's not even about zombies anymore. No one seems to care about border defense and shooting zombies.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

All the zombie maps are as good as I remember them to be. Yes, they do have these mini puzzles and yes, they might be a bit gimmicky. But, maps like Mob of The Dead and Die Rise are great and you don't need to create the items like the Sliquifier. You can make it to 50+ rounds without it. It's just there so that you might have some more fun to create these cool guns.

I don't like Origins, the map layout is confusing, the robots and can kill you with barely any notice and the electric stations are just way too gimmicky. But the zombie trains in it are amazing. They're tight, concise and just as good as Kino Der Toten. I don't like how people are hating Treyarch because of their zombie maps. My favorite map is Der Riese, harboring back to the World At War days. But I'm not stuck in the past, the maps right now, even Tranzit, are pretty damn good.