Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What if? (alternate reality thread)

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Seventh_son, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I started to think about turning points in the show. So, so many of them where one decision drastically shapes the future. I thought it might be kicks to play with our group's future by messing with their past and altering events. I'll kick it off:

Season 3. They take the prison. Upon finding 4 prisoners abandoned there, Rick decides the best course of action is to take no chances and executes all of them. How does this affect the future (think Lori)?

Please discuss, or chime in with your own "What If?"!

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

You rang? ;)

I'm currently writing a storyarc called The Walking Dead, Season 3C. Which deals with what happened after the season 3 finale "Welcome to the Tombs". You can find them on FF.NET.

I have future plans to rewrite seasons 6 & 7. :cool:

#3 Rapscallion, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Seventh_son

Will definitely check that out!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Thanks, @Seventh_son.

I'll post a link for you and @Lindigo in my old fanfiction thread later. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Seventh_son

Super, thanks!

7. offrope

offrope Active Member

What if ....................

After the head bashing scene in 701, we all assume that Glenn is dead. But then, 3 episodes later we find out that after Daryl's outburst Glenn rolled under a dumpster and hid there. It wasn't really Glenn getting his head bashed in, instead he is still alive. How would that affect the story?

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a story anymore. Can't make money off of zero audience. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seventh_son

Dumpster would officially join the cast and provide heroic cover for any of our group in danger.

Dumpster goes on to win the Emmy for outstanding performance by a plot device.

Dumpster eventually demands too much money to renew for another season. It's decided that Dumpster, sadly, must be dumped from the show.

Dumpster meets his end in a heart-wrenching episode entitled " Garbage In...Garbage Out". Critics hail it as the greatest episode of the series they'd ever
    seen that day.

In a twist worthy of Shyamalan, we discover three episodes later that Dumpster didn't really die in the episode, but cleverly hid under Glenn at the last moment. The episode is polarizing; half of the fan base rejoice at the return of their beloved hero, the other half are left contemplating their life choices.

Dumpster is currently in contract negotiations, but is rumored to be leaving the show permanently to spend more time with his children Trash Can (5) and little Bin (2).

#9 Seventh_son, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Seventh_son

[​IMG] When reached for comment, Oscar simply said "This stinks worse than my living room. A good friend; a good dumpster. Always there to take my crap. Deserved better."

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Nothing changes. Lori had a complication during birth that even Hershel wouldn't have been able to help with. I know Carol practiced giving a c section to a Walker but I believe that was a "just in case" situation. The plan was to deliver the baby normally. They were not prepared or equipped to handle a c section. Lori would have died regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Dumpster hid under glen killed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Seventh_son

I think her labour was induced by the panic of the situation. Had it not occurred, she may have had a normal delivery at a later date. Maybe survived it.

In this scenario, what do you think would have happened between her and Rick? Would they reconcile? It DID appear that he was warming to her again.

And what of Carl? Having to kill his mother was an awful thing for him to experience, but it did greatly shape the person he'd become, hardening him. How would his trajectory have changed?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think I said this once before. Basically the current show timeline was sealed in stone when they accidentally left Joe behind at the Atlanta camp.

[​IMG]

He was in the bathroom and they all just pulled away on their way to the CDC. On the special edition S1 Blu Ray you can see him chasing the RV with a toilet paper trail yelling "You Botards!! I'll come back in season 8 at a villain!!!" Had he remained part of the main storyline instead, Rick's exit would have inevitably changed to the following alternate reality:

On a sunny day in the early spring of 2020, a light gust of wind created from a small temperature gradient in the morning air will gently jostle a small budding pine cone as it hangs from a high branch on its mother evergreen. The cone, still mostly an infant just getting started on its maturation into a new world, falls, creating light 'ticking' sounds as it hops to successively lower branches, finally ending its journey in a smallish patch of mud adjacent to a lazy, winding trail. A bit of mud is disturbed, causing the spontaneous hatching of an almost microscopic egg that has lain dormant in the ground for the better part of 4 years. A new Strongyloides stercoralis is born, a roundworm sometimes found in contaminated soil, as so many Vietnam veterans discovered years after their service. Over the course of several days, it grows into an adolescent, a highly infective form, and lies wriggling in the drying filth, not really waiting for anything in particular. Not thinking of anything, in fact.

Rick only uses the isolated trail on days when he needs to think, to clear the negative sludge from his overburdened mind. Coming across a clear puddle, he makes the life altering decision to take off his shoes, and cool his tired feetsies. He then walks ahead, relishing the feel of cool grass between his toes. He continues absently across the mud patch, unwittingly pressing the ball of his left foot against the perpetually reaching head of Strongyloides, and at once the worm is attached to his epidermis. Acting only on a pure chemical cascade of motor reflex, the worm burrows deeply, eventually reaching Rick's bloodstream. From there it progresses rapidly to his heart, and is pumped into the alveolar sacs of Rick's overworked lungs.

For months, the young worm is carried along with the procession of mucus, and it naturally moves from deep lung recesses to Rick's throat. There is a moment when Rick is almost saved from his fate during a coughing spasm in the middle of the night, during which Strongy ends up lying face down on the tip of Rick's tongue. One more cough and he would have been hurled to the cement floor, left to dehydrate and die within hours. But Rick swallows. The adolescent Strongyloides worm travels instead to his small intestine, which, fortunately for him, is the absolute perfect medium for development into full adulthood, and more importantly, a perfect nursery for its thousands of new babies. The breathtaking cycle of life continues, as countless Strongy children hatch, emerging in Rick's gut in a symphony of vibration.

Over time, the majority of the worms pass out in Rick's stool, in hopes of finding their own batch of muddy soil, and their own unsuspecting bare and vulnerable feetsies. But not everyone. A few dozen re-enter his bloodstream, eventually making their way to Rick's left optic nerve, slowly creating a cyst which at first only creates blurriness in the left eye, and over time, total blindness. Rick, now with vision in only one eye, left completely without depth perception, misjudges the length of his fork as he brings up a juicy piece of deer meat one evening at dinner, stabbing himself in the jugular. The others try to save him, but the blood loss is too rapid and too complete. As the world forever swirls away from him, Rick's last thought is that he hopes no one finds the Juggs magazine under his cot.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Seventh_son

Har, most excellent! A butterfly flaps it's wings...

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

Actually my ending for Daryl does start with a butterfly!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

This is Daryl's conclusion if Harley Shellhammer had made it out of the prison alive:

Three summers from their present time, a monarch caterpillar will attach itself to the underleaf of a milkweed plant. The resultant butterfly will go on to accomplish many a great thing, including, but far from limited to, attracting the eye of a hungry Blue Footed Booby. It will lead this booby on a low speed chase through the forests of Northern Virginia, for the better part of 4 hours. Butterfly stops to rest on a rotting olive branch, and Blue Footed Booby [who we will from hence forth refer to as Kevin Stokes III], stops nearby, always just out of pouncing range, waiting for the right moment. Later butterfly gently guides itself down and rests at the peak of an abandoned barn, wondering if it has led a life that would make his former legal guardian, Aunt Jemima, proud. Kevin Stokes III perches in a nearby mighty Oak, mentally calculating the odds of a successful attack. He makes his decision.

In a sudden and fierce charge, Kevin comes crashing down onto the dilapitated roof. He misses the monarch, and instead lodges himself firmly in the external flue pipe, upside down, feet kicking at the air. Butterfly flies off, on his way to a small Mexican village where he knows he can sell his jeans for ridiculously marked up prices.

Stokes III remains stuck, and he begins to ponder life. He asks himself tough questions, like if quizzes were called quizzicles, what would you call tests? And why in the world would anyone have sex with Toucan Sam?

Daryl, sleeping in the hay loft of the barn, wakens to the sighs and chin scratching that accompany Kevin's ponderings. He sticks his head into the stove, looks up, and sees Kevin, looking back at him, in amusement. "What has you so befuddled?" Daryl asks. Kevin Stokes III explains all the questions he wants answered before the end of his life, and this inspires Daryl to start a quest of his own. He leaves Kevin Stokes III in the flue, and sets off on an adventure: to find out once and for all if a bloodhound and a grizzly bear could ever share the same taxi cab.

He brings a bloodhound to meet a bear in the woods, but detecting a glint of bedroom eye in the bear's glance, the hound runs off, never to return. Daryl puts up fliers on telephone poles offering a reward of 5 squirrels for the return of his hound. A random man, named Clarkhefty, returns him his hound, and Daryl pays him 3 squirrels, and the remainder of the reward in the form of a Pina Colata. Later, in a drunken rage, Daryl decides the man ripped him off, and that the Pina Colata was too generous a payment. He goes to Clarkhefty's house, drunk and demanding his money back. The man, fearing for his life, shoots Daryl point blank range in the stomach, ending his life.

Clarkhefty is able to hide his crime successfully, but the universe has its way of balancing nature, and he thus spends the rest of his life with a simply horrid case of Vagabond's disease.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Seventh_son

I could cry.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Neuropyramidal

Just when you think the world can't get any stranger, it turns out that the penultimate paragraph in Daryl's fictional death is almost the exact actual death of the actor who played Alfalfa in Little Rascals ;).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seventh_son

[​IMG]