Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What if maggie continues in voice only?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Miamicuse, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

We know the door is opened for maggie/lauren to return.

But let's assume for a moment the voice on the radio is maggie, and from that moment on they have ways to communicate with maggie through the radio.

It's not hard to find someone to play maggie's voice ever other episode to keep maggie in the story.

"hey maggie how are you doing today"?

maggie: "Fine, we are having an Easter egg hunt with Hershel in a few minutes".

"when are you coming back to visit us"?

maggie: "I can't for a while, I have lower back pain and have a hard time walking, let alone traveling a long distance".

"you don't sound like yourself today what's wrong maggie"?

"Ahhh yeah I have the cold and sore throat and the sinus makes me sound different".

They can go on and on with her voice for another season or two LOL. By then it's too late for her to return to the show.

• Creative Creative x 2
  2. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I think it’s a cool idea.. I’m so bummed with the way things have gone for her.. she’s been such a main part to the show for most of the seasons.. I wish she got a great send off, or I just wish she was still on the show.. even if she kind of had a tearful “goodbye for now” with the main players and then rode off into the sunset so to speak.. I felt like one day she was there and the next she was gone

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

It was all about Rick, the last episode of the first time jump, and it kinda had to be. And for Maggie's fans this must be reassuring, because such an important character can't just disappear the way she did. Not for ever. She will have to be back in some capacity, and a radio voice just wouldn't cut it. I think Lauren wouldn't want to leave it like this either, after all the years she has given this show and Maggie's character.

But it's a strange situation... she's kind of really out of the stories that are going on now. So much has happened in her absence. Jesus died, Tara, Enid, and she wasn't here to mourn them. The Kingdom has moved into Hilltop. I can't see how she could slot into the Whisperers story line at this late stage. She hasn't built a relationship with Magna's group. Apparently she's still at odds with Michonne, (I guess this is still about Negan, so that will be interesting when she finds out Negan has become Michonne's advisor, and Judith's and Daryl's Dog's saviour, forgive the pun.) If she was simply to return to the Hilltop, that would be very difficult to write. And quite frankly, she hasn't got many reasons to return, other than picking up the paintings of her family. All her closest friends are now dead or gone from the Hilltop. She'd have so much to catch up on, so many relationships to mend, refresh and start. My guess is that she won't be returning, she'll be staying at this new community and that's where we will get to see her. She will visit, she will help her community to start trade with the Hilltop to benefit both, and bring Hilltop into the bigger picture she's found out there with Georgie. But won't come back to live at the Hilltop.

I might be completely wrong, of course.

4. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Did she leave the show or was she let go? I recall contract issues but I don't remember the outcome. I think this would determine how and when she comes back.

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Well there is that other she stars on, but I honestly don’t know how long it has left.